Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

• Prime
  • Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 90 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 188 reviews
on January 23, 2017
This film is hilarious and yet poignant, as it focuses on a young Jewish man coming of age and falling in love with an older woman who is decidedly NOT Jewish and knows little of the young man's traditions. His mother is played by Meryl Streep and she does a terrific job of being an over-protective mother worried that her son may marry goy. There's a great twist to the plot that makes it all a wonderful, light-hearted look at what it means to become an adult.
on January 30, 2017
One thing I love about stories is that I can lose myself in them and enjoy the ride. I found this story to be endearing yet poignant...I didn't love Meryl Streep's character, but I love Meryl Streep...the ridiculous best friend was useless and ridiculous...it wasn't a brilliant film but I lost myself in it and I every enjoyed minute
on June 3, 2015
I have watched this more than once. Who ever thought of this plot was genius. All the cast was perfect for the story. Meryl Streep is an awesome actress and can play just about any role and make it so real and believable, in my opinion.
on June 16, 2017
i could watch this over and over and over,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,
on June 3, 2017
entertaining but not very plausible
on August 21, 2017
So dumb. Not into ageism.
on June 8, 2015
I loved this movie! It was such a nice surprise. It's simple, not silly and it's smart. Bryan Greenberg is awesome, as is Uma Thurman and Meryl Streep who is in more of a supporting role. A great romance that I will enjoy again.
on March 22, 2014
If you purchased this movie and watched only one scene, the one where Meryl Streep has to listen to Uma Thurman's painfully explicit description of her sexual dalliance with her new boyfriend, who turns out to be Streep's characters son....it would be well worth the price of the movie. The legendary Meryl Streep, in this movie, proves once again (as though there were anything left to prove) that she can, indeed, do it all. Here, in the role of an Upper-West Side Jewish psychotherapist, Meryl gives a performance filled with comedic flourishes yet, at the same time, so human, so real and so wise, that she leaves me gaping at the screen in sheer, unadulterated amazement. I love her character here, vulnerable while strong-willed, serious while being hilarious to watch, a keenly drawn, magnificently subtle, performance of an ordinary well-meaning woman walking a tightrope of conflicting obligations and triumphing through the sheer depth of her caring, empathy and humanity, a truly virtuoso performance. The film is filled with great characters and memorable performances but, I'm sorry, Ms. Streep simply takes my breath away in this role and her ability to inhabit body, mind and spirit, yet another unforgettable character frames, yet again, her extraordinary genius.
on August 2, 2016
We were excited to watch what the previews showed to be a very funny Meryl Streep minor. But we're disappointed at the over-focus on the couples sexual relationship.
on September 6, 2014
Had to see this movie as part of a class assignment examining ethical issues faced by counselors. Even though I didn't agree with the way the ethical question was initially handled, it sure did make for a great story! I also loved the way the love story evolved and took its human turns and practical considerations....