Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 122 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 162 reviews
on April 22, 2015
This is a book that is great not only for women over 40, 50, ... or 80 it is good for young women too and also for men that wants to know why women are sometimes the way they are, I learn so much about myself and about the opposite sex, it gives you guidance of what to expect from life, of course depending on how you treat yourself (body, mind and spirit), it also gives you the opportunity to understand that its never too late to start living a full life with no regrets. I always admire Jane Fonda as an actress but after reading this book I see her more as the friend that every women needs to have, someone that will be honest no matter what. I bought the kindle version of the book but also the audio book, this last one is my favorite is narrated by Jane Fonda herself and that fact makes the interaction so much personal. Highly recommended to anyone!!
on August 21, 2015
Jane Fonda is one of my favorite people. I have read all her books. This book is very good for women who are over 50. It has lot's of valuable information that she gets from reliable sources and expresses it in an interesting way. It's helpful and a good read.
on January 13, 2017
Superb. Relevant, from sexuality to finances. A must for menopausal women and people in general over 50. Uplifting, encouraging, educational, well documented. It is just what I needed and changed the direction of my life. Some of the tapes skipped though.
on June 7, 2013
I recommend this book to any woman who is trying to figure it all out. It is a thought provoking autobiography of the early and middle years (prime time, as she calls it) of a fascinating individual. She is very candid and open about her trials and errors in life, as well as her successes. It helped me to understand myself better, having lived through the 60's and the lifestyle that was related to and much of the time she writes about...It makes you think and confront your own demons and find ways to move forward with love for yourself.
on June 15, 2017
A very thoroughly researched book. A good resource/guidebook. She covers many topics.
on January 15, 2015
This book was so wonderful! As a 62 year old woman sometimes you feel like giving up because you think the best has passed but Jane Fonda put so many questions to rest~I am now actually looking forward to the best time of my life!!!! Do yourself a favor and read or listen to this book because it will change your life for the better!!!!
on January 14, 2012
Talk about someone living a complete life. I'm reading Robert Redford's Bio right now and the one thing that they both have in common is that they both have tried to squeeze every bit of life out of their existence. I have nothing but admiration for Jane Fonda and all that she has endeavored to do in her life. She's not afraid to show her vulnerabilities either. Anyone who has ever had a negative impression of her, will certainly find a lot to absorb in this book. There were good reasons for everything that she did and she's not afraid to talk about her mistakes. She's the perfect example of someone who wasn't afraid to run at life, while trying to live up to her ideals, knowing that there would be consequences and willing to deal with them. Besides all of the personal things you learn about her, she has gathered an incredible array of the top doctors in their chosen fields to talk about everything from nutrition to sex. As a person who just turned 70, I found it very encouraging and uplifting.
on February 24, 2013
Hard cover had been given to me and I expected to be disappointed and see a book filled with beauty tips. Surprised me with so much useful information about exactly what if says "vision for sucessful aging. A-

Reluctantly accepted a copy of this as a hand-me-down and expected to see a book full of beauty tips. Surprised me. It's just as the blurb says "a vision for succesful aging. A-Z." It's so good that I bought a copy for my friend. Most importantly it contains some simple exercises to keep your body moving. Not everyone is able to participate in pilates or yoga. I suggest hard cover.
on April 10, 2017
I am getting a Masters degree in Gerontology and this hits all of the points just perfectly! I highly recommend!
on August 13, 2016
I'm pretty impressed with how thoroughly she outlines and explains the topic of women and aging. Not finished with the read but I would recommend to others.