- Series: Developer's Library
- Paperback: 1200 pages
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional; 6 edition (October 28, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321776402
- ISBN-13: 978-0321776402
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 1.9 x 8.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 457 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #33,561 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
C++ Primer Plus (6th Edition) (Developer's Library) 6th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
C++ Primer Plus, Sixth Edition
New C++11 Coverage
C++ Primer Plus is a carefully crafted, complete tutorial on one of the most significant and widely used programming languages today. An accessible and easy-to-use self-study guide, this book is appropriate for both serious students of programming as well as developers already proficient in other languages.
The sixth edition of C++ Primer Plus has been updated and expanded to cover the latest developments in C++, including a detailed look at the new C++11 standard.
Author and educator Stephen Prata has created an introduction to C++ that is instructive, clear, and insightful. Fundamental programming concepts are explained along with details of the C++ language. Many short, practical examples illustrate just one or two concepts at a time, encouraging readers to master new topics by immediately putting them to use.
Review questions and programming exercises at the end of each chapter help readers zero in on the most critical information and digest the most difficult concepts.
In C++ Primer Plus, you’ll find depth, breadth, and a variety of teaching techniques and tools to enhance your learning:
- A new detailed chapter on the changes and additional capabilities introduced in the C++11 standard
- Complete, integrated discussion of both basic C language and additional C++ features
- Clear guidance about when and why to use a feature
- Hands-on learning with concise and simple examples that develop your understanding a concept or two at a time
- Hundreds of practical sample programs
- Review questions and programming exercises at the end of each chapter to test your understanding
- Coverage of generic C++ gives you the greatest possible flexibility
- Teaches the ISO standard, including discussions of templates, the Standard Template Library, the string class, exceptions, RTTI, and namespaces
About the Author
Stephen Prata taught astronomy, physics, and computer science at the College of Marin in Kentfield, California. He received his B.S. from the California Institute of Technology and his Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley. He has authored or coauthored more than a dozen books on programming topics including New C Primer Plus, which received the Computer Press Association’s 1990 Best How-to Computer Book Award, and C++ Primer Plus, nominated for the Computer Press Association’s Best How-to Computer Book Award in 1991.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now