Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Primo 774 Ceramic Charcoal Smoker Grill, Oval Junior
|Price:||$915.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Want this professionally assembled?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Assembly of 1 grill per product instructions
- Typical assembly time of 2 hours
- Moving the grill to a new location is not included
- Longer assembly times may result in additional service fees
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Unique oval design for more flexible and versatile grilling and smoking
- 210 square inches of standard cooking surface; up to 360 square inches with rack extensions
- Exterior features a premium-grade ceramic blend coated with a protective, lead-free, scratch-resistant porcelain glaze
- Highest quality ceramic for increased efficiency and durability
- Measures 24 by 22 by 16 inches; 20-year warranty for all ceramic parts; made in USA
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||24.5 x 21 x 21.5 inches|
|Manufacturer Part Number||774|
|Shipping Weight||117 pounds|
The Primo Oval Junior charcoal smoker grill is the ultimate outdoor ceramic cooker, featuring 210 square inches of standard cooking surface (and up to 360 square inches with optional rack extensions). It also offers a cast iron chimney cap, easy-to-read thermometer, reversible cooking grates, stainless steel lower vent door. And Primo's unique oval design allows for greater flexibility and versatility. You'll be able to cook using both direct and indirect methods at the same time.
With a Primo grill, you'll be able to:
- Cook a wide variety of foods, including steaks, chicken, pork, turkey, fish, pizzas, vegetables... you name it!
- Grill and/or smoke while maintaining a consistent low temperature or high temperature
- Evenly heat across the entire surface of the grill
The Primo Oval Junior measures 24 by 22 by 16 inches (HxWxD). The only ceramic grill manufactured in the USA and constructed to the highest specifications, Primo grills are backed with a 20-year warranty on the ceramic portion and 5 years for its metal parts.
Durable Handcrafted Ceramics
Primo's handcrafted ceramics are designed to provide the upmost strength while providing superior temperature control and maximum moisture retention. By curing the finish at temperatures exceeding 2400-degree F, the glaze is permanently bonded to the ceramic body for long lasting durability.
The exclusive ceramic formula delivers consistent temperature control. From its smallest to its biggest grills, Primo can provide smoke temperatures as low as 95 degrees F or exceed searing temperatures of 750 degrees F.
Primo's bands and stands feature a baked-on, powder-coated, high-gloss finish for durability and easy maintenance. The commercial grade porcelain is applied to the grilling racks here in the USA and are crafted for a lifetime of use.
Maximum Cooking Versatility for the Outdoor Chef
Many restaurants use the intensity of direct grilling to seal in the juices to foods, then finish the cooking process over soft true indirect or convection grilling style.
Similarly, with Primo's two-zone design, you're not limited to just one cooking style. Using the divider plate, you can cook a steak with direct heat on one side and chicken with indirect heat on the other side. You'll be able prepare the perfect meal, whether via direct cooking, true indirect, convection, baking, direct and true indirect, convection and true indirect, baking and direct, backing and convection, and so on.
Primo's two-zone design provides maximum cooking versatility to get the same big-name restaurant result at home, and at a fraction of the cost.
Optimized Grilling Surface
With Primo's exclusive flush rack design, a backyard chef is able to maximize the use of the Oval's grilling surface. Reversible grilling racks allows for food to be grilled a different intensities.
Natural Lump Charcoal
Primo recommends using its Primo brand Natural Lump Charcoal for best results. Burning cleaner, hotter, and longer, natural lump charcoal produces less ash than briquette style charcoal. It's also quick and easy to light--unlike charcoal briquettes that require patience--and is a renewable fuel source. Other natural lump charcoals are also fine to use in your Primo.
What's in the Box
Primo 774 Oval Junior grill; cast-iron chimney vent; precision thermometer; easy lift and lock hinge system; soft-close felt gasket; quick-clean porcelain cooking grid; user manual; recipe book
Top Customer Reviews
1. Ability to maintain a wide range of temperatures, allowing low/slow smoking at 210 degrees to high temperature searing at 700+ degrees.
2. Efficient use of charcoal and wood, using less fuel than similarly sized traditional grills also allowing for longer cooks without having to add additional coals.
3. Heavy sides insulate and capture heat, allowing for stable temperatures and protecting from exterior winds and cold to keep consistent heat.
4. Contain moisture, which is great for keeping your meats tender and juicy.
There are downsides to ceramic grills too:
1. They are heavy and thus harder to move around
2. Being ceramic, they are fragile. From the forums, a large % break in shipping so its good to get one that is backed by a good manufacturer. The top ones, including Primo are known to stick behind their products.
3. They are expensive compared to traditional grills for the same cook area.
There are three things that differentiate the Primo in my mind (getting tired of lists yet? :) )
1. They are oval, which is very handy for cooking long things like a brisket, as well as cooking two different types of food on each side of the grill, including doing indirect cooking on one side and direct on the other.)
2. They have more accessories than many of the other manufacturers, including additional levels of racks, the indirect heating 'plates', etc. Just more ways to get better utility out of your grill.
3.Read more ›
When I first got the Primo I set it up on a stand in the place it will go once I complete the outdoor cooking station I'm building. I was quite surprised to find that with the lid open a slight push on the lid would cause the Primo to start tipping over backward. I thought perhaps the hinge mechanism required some adjustment to prevent the lid from going going back too far, and promptly called the manufacturer. The woman I spoke to didn't seem too anxious to help, but suggested I take a picture of the Primo and e-mail it to their warranty department. I did so, and received a form response saying I would hear from them shortly. That was more than a month ago, and I have yet to get anything.
However, the Primo is set next to a wall (or I should say 10" from a wall, which is the minimum clearance), and I was able to use some 2 x 4s to build a simple wedge structure that supports the Primo just under the lip on either side of the hinge. This solved the tipping problem. Nevertheless, this is a seriouds issue. I imagine the tipping is avoided if the optional stand or table is purchased, but the manufacturer needs to alert purchasers to this potential problem.
That being said, let me say that all the good things people say about the Primo, and kamados in general, are absolutely true. I've done over a dozen cooks, and the result in each case was great.
Unless you are a very experienced cook I would strongly recommend that you purchase a digital food thermometer such as the Maverick ET732. Mine works great, and in my opinion it's essential to getting quality results.Read more ›
Additionally the instructions are crap indicating wrong wrench sizes for assembly, not addressing installation of several components of the grill. I contacted customer service by email twice (no response) and by phone at Primo and was basically told too bad we don't include the feet and we are not to concerned with your other issues.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We ordered the grill several times through Amazon. Each time it was delivered broken. I finally found a local dealer 45 minutes away. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Felicia Owens
There may be something I don't understand, but I can't get it up to heat. Tops out about 250 to 300 F and goes up and down in temp with various openings of flue and chimney. Read morePublished 7 months ago by David C. Johnston
I was a little hesitant to spend so much on a BBQ, but the first rib roast I cooked made a believer out of me. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Yellowjacket
My primo grill, once I got one that wasn't broken, buy from your local store, works flawlesslyPublished 15 months ago by Jess Wright
I love this primo smoker. easy learning curve. does seem to smoke meats faster than most so be sure to
use temp probe
I have owned my primo for 5 years. Somehow the lower half cracked on me. Sent email to primo and got immediate response. Read morePublished 22 months ago by wiley wooten jr.
I received my Primo Oval JR April and have been grilling 3/4 times weeks since then. Slow cooks, quick high temp sears, smokes are all wonderfully done with this Kamado. Read morePublished on August 15, 2014 by TomTom
I got my Primo Jr. for xmas last year and I've loved everything I've cooked on it. Perfect steaks, juicy burgers, and even my first attempt at slow smoking a boston butt for... Read morePublished on November 29, 2013 by brian Boeckman
I order one of these and the first one arrived cracked, I ordered a replacement and the top part was damaged. I cannot really comment on the product. Read morePublished on August 3, 2013 by Amazon Customer