Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Garth Brooks STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Oh, I really wanted to like this tea set and used it religiously for about 3 weeks, even washing it by hand instead of dishwasher but one of those times, the scored glass finger that hold the tea leaves nicked the edge of the teapot as I was lifting it out and one of the little glass slivers that creates the channels broke off, leaving a 1/4" hole in the bottom of the filter. So now I have to filter the tea with the metal filter from another set, which defeats the purpose of having an all glass tea set. I would have liked the option of a metal screened insert for finer leaf teas like Japanese green teas and Assams, which easily clog the scored glass channels. A very annoying feature is the shape of the handle, which provides no firm grip esp. when the pot is full of hot tea and requires that the glass filter be removed first before decanting the tea. I have to keep a tall glass around to sit the filter in while I pour. I'm kind of glad the glass filter finally broke, as I'll buy a metal filter like all of the other sets on the market.
on November 1, 2015
Tea that came with it was only mediocre but was a nice touch, have had mine for ~5 years and it has only recently developed a slight crack in the bottom. Doesn't leak or anything, just think it is finally time to retire this one for another pot. The glass infuser that comes with it wasn't too great and broke after maybe a year or so but a $2 2.5 inch steel tea ball works well with this pot. It will dribble a wee bit on itself if you don't pour carefully but cleaning it is easy enough.
on September 14, 2017
I haven't had a chance to try the tea. We got the teapot two days ago, and have had all of two pots of tea - one green, so I slowly poured in 180°F water, and one black, so I slowly poured in water that had just stopped boiling. The tea steeped fine, and we had no problems yesterday, but this morning as I picked the teapot up by the handle to start pouring, it cracked right at the upper part of the handle.

So scalding tea started pouring out over the side of the teapot - thankfully not over my hand. But this is apparently how it stands up to normal use. Incredibly brief normal use. I'm deeply unimpressed.
on April 30, 2016
Cute idea. Tea tastes good BUT the handle on the glass teapot cracked while we were holding it pouring tea - the SECOND time we used it. You literally could hear the glass cracking. The crack formed where the handle connects to the teapot. Then the teapot started leaking water and, of course wasn't safe to use (hot water with a cracking sound every time it was lifted by the handle!) Maybe we just received a defective teapot. But note that the blooming tea does not look nearly as pretty as the picture. It's still fun, but it looks a little bit like watery seaweed washed up on the beach with a hint of color. Of course, we only got to try 2 of the tea balls - before the teapot handle cracked - so that's all I can judge by. My daughters did really enjoy seeing them bloom though - they thought it was interesting even if it did not live up to the photo in the advertisement (about 1/4 as good).
on January 27, 2016
I grew my own Lemon Verbena and peppermint this year, and needed a new infuser pot. I liked this so much I purchased for all my sisters.
As others have stated, it is very light, thin glass, so care is needed when using, and I wouldn't put it in the dishwasher.
The flowering tea is beautiful and a hit when you have company, but I'm not that much of a fan of the jasmine tea. But the 6 given as Christmas gifts were popular!
on February 10, 2016
Love this teapot but the "flowering tea balls" are a joke. Teapot was as described and I was impressed with the infuser.

The flowering tea balls did NOT sit on the bottom and "bloom" as beautifully as the picture...they were a total disappointment. Took a long time to unfold and the ball would just float to the top (instructions said to use them without the infuser). I suspect if you want things to look like the picture you would have to glue it somehow to the bottom of the teapot. Blooming was by no means like the picture...actually just looked like a bunch of seaweed after finally "blooming" and the tea was cold and weak.

So, this rating is for the teapot only, which was excellent, but you certainly need a warmer to keep your tea hot as it does cool down quite rapidly.
on April 1, 2017
I absolutely loved this when it arrived. Used it many times but the glass is so thin and it's so fragile. The handle broke right off in my hand leaving holes in the pot where it was fused together.
on February 18, 2015
This is a great tea pot but is very fragile. The infuser has small slits in the glass but does not work well for fine loose leaf teas. We still use a mesh strainer above our cups when pouring for our loose leaf stuff. Also, the lid and infuser must really be removed before pouring or a mess will be made. We use this for loose and blooming teas and it works great except having to remove the lid and infuser every pour.
on December 20, 2015
I loved this teapot.... The insert is also glass and can be removed for the flower tea blooms. Otherwise, you can use the insert to brew loose leaf tea. A great way to multi-purpose the teapot so that you can use it for all of your tea brewing preferences. The glass is good quality and feels sturdy in my hands. I highly recommend it.
on November 25, 2014
I bought one for myself and I loved it so much that I bought another one as a gift for a dear friend. Glass teapots are much easier to clean and they don't hold any residual odor or essence from any prior teas you've served. An added bonus is the shape of the spout - makes it so much easier to clean compared to traditional spouts with a longer neck (where you had to get a special brush to really get inside the tube to clean). The perfect gift for tea lovers - especially for being able to see the blooming teas vividly.