Customer Reviews: Primula Blossom Glass Teapot - Wide Mouthed Borosilicate Glass - 40 oz. - Dishwasher and Microwave Safe - Clear - Includes 24 Flowering Teas
Amazon Vehicles Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Lady Gaga Shop Cycling on Amazon

on December 11, 2007
I purchased this set for my sister who loves tea even more than I do. I loved her set so much I went back and bought one for me! The set includes a lovely borosilicate tea pot which makes it versatile. You can use it in your microwave, but you probably won't. The heating and pouring of the water are essential elements of the ritual of tea making.

When you pour the hot water over the hand-tied tea balls, you will witness an enchanting display. The tea balls slowly open into delightful flowers. The pot and infuser are perfectly clear to show off your tea and allow you to easily witness the unfolding of your tea flower. I don't bother with the infuser because the tea balls shed very little during the brewing.

Best of all, the tea is delicious. The green tea flavor is robust (through 3 potential infusions) and the jasmine is very subtle. I have since tried other brands but Primula has struck the perfect balance between flavor and beauty. I strongly recommend this set to anyone who loves tea and the soothing ritual of brewing tea.

By the way, you should try not to boil the water you use for infusing green teas. The flavor will be negatively affected by boiling hot water. Try to catch the water just before it boils. Small bubbles will start to rise. That's the perfect time to remove the water from the heat and brew your tea.

Happy sipping!
33 comments| 229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
BE FOREWARNED: I bought this teapot for my wife as a little surprise gift little over three months ago as we're tea fans. I was impressed by the product descriptions of its 'laboratory-strength' thick glass; I had wanted to purchase a sturdy glass pot. And the fact that this was identified as dishwasher and microwave safe seemed additional testimony to its durability.

Please note: it's never been used in dishwasher OR microwave; it's been treated with great care simply because: that's how we are. And yet, just now: as the pot stood, filled on the counter: a roundish/tear-drop-shaped portion of the pot just popped OUT from the side. Untouched. It simply: broke. All by itself. A portion of the pot blew out, with attendant crack leading up to the top of the pot. And: she had made the tea about 1.5 hours previously; it wasn't even hot. But: of course, she and the counter were suddenly treated to a half-pot of tea.

VERY disappointed as well as extremely puzzled over how something like this could even happen. And it's clear there was no concussion from the outside: both the piece AND the pot show the glass blew OUTWARDS and that portion is fully intact.
33 comments| 246 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2008
This is a wonderful, unique gift for anyone who enjoys tea, including yourself.

I initially purchased this set as a Christmas gift for a male attorney I work with who very much a tea person. He absolutely loves the entire concept from the flowering tea balls to the different medicinal benefits of each flower.

The teas are very flavorful, soothing, fun to watch and one tea ball last sometimes a couple days (we get at least three - four good steeps out of one ball, more if the pot gets emptied quickly).

The teas can be purchased at Meijer for $11.99 for the same 12 ball canister that comes with the set (they've been on sale for $9.99). It took us close to three months of brewing this tea almost daily to finish one canister.

Tip: The lid to the pot broke, and while you can purchase the lid from the manufacture, the $4.00 lid plus the $8.00 shipping comes to almost half the cost of an entire set. I took a lid from a large Yankee candle jar, removed the plastic seal (the seal holds the scent of the candle), the lid fits perfectly and works equally as well as the original lid, possibly better as it's heaver. (Any lid from a candle jar about that size will likely work).

The attorney and our entire office have enjoyed this tea and I too am looking forward to trying the teas iced!

Enjoy Ü
11 comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2009
The great thing about a glass teapot is that you can see exactly how the tea is brewing. This means you can use the color to tell you how strong the tea is at a glance. Accordingly, we always have a few glass pots in our house.

Unfortunately, this particular glass tea pot is extremely fragile ... a lot more fragile than other glass pots we have used. The pot looks great, its true, but if you just barely clank the lid against the pot as you take the lid on or off, a piece of glass will simply break off. This has now happened to two of these pots, each after just over a week of use, and we will not be buying any more of them. The problem is that the glass is just too thin. This is great for looks, but it is simply not practical for regular use.

My suggestion, if you like glass teapots, stick with Bodum pots since these pots are a heck of a lot sturdier and will typically last a few years rather than just a week.
22 comments| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2007
This product is unbelievable. You just drop the ball in the tea pot with boiling water and it will change in front of your eyes into a beautiful flower. It is great and it would be an awesome gift! The tea pot by itself is very nice and it is easy to pour the tea to a cup. It does not leak.
on October 11, 2012
I had been using flowering teas for quite awhile and decided to try the Primula Classic 40oz. Glass Stovetop Teapot to better enjoy being able to see the flowers opening. Well, within the first 2 weeks I broke the lid by gently setting it on my granite countertop, apparently a little too heavily. Wow, not good. Now a teapot with no lid. Was ready to throw the whole thing away but I paid full price for the set with can of samples of teas and was quite pricey so kept it. Just happened to be lucky and found another one at Marshalls at a very good price. Few weeks later I was using the infuser with loose tea and had been sipping tea out of my teacup and there in the bottom of the cup, after I was through drinking the whole cup of tea, there were pieces of glass!!! On investigation I found that the bottom of the infuser had pieces missing and they were in the bottom of the teapot I had been drinking from! This product is completely unsafe and dangerous. Someone could be killed if they swallowed a piece of glass. I am in the process of finding who I need to report them to and who can get them to take this product off the market. It is just too flimsy. By now Primula certainly knows this is an inferior product. I guess they are going to have to have a huge lawsuit before they take it off the market or make it stronger to where it is safe enough for the use they advertise! Beware. I would not support this company in any way at all, not but ANY products!
on September 26, 2008
The teapot is sturdier than I expected and has survived a lot of use, but I would never buy it again. Sure, clear glass is a nice medium if you want to use tea flowers like the ones that come in the set, but the glass infuser is a disaster. The tea is supposed to brew through four sets of slits in the bottom, which get clogged easily, are difficult to clean, and don't allow enough water to flow through. The tiny slits make it hard to fill the teapot because the infuser can't drain into the pot fast enough. To fill the teapot with tea in the infuser, I have to pour in water, wait as it slowly drains through into the pot out of the infuser, pour in more water, wait, pour in more water and wait, and then pour in the final bit of water. When I try to pour the tea, the lid and infuser fall out, so I have to hold them on or remove them. Tea leaves get wedged in the slits and have a hard time getting them back out when I wash it.

The one big upside is that it is very lightweight for a teapot this size. Plus, if you generally use tea flowers or bagged tea, this teapot will work just fine for you. It really is dishwasher safe even on the bottom rack. It will also survive rapid temperature changes, like dropping a bunch of ice into hot tea.
66 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2014
Major disappointment. I saw this and was excited to get it for my wife as a birthday present. The first one arrived with a crack in the glass insert (which holds loose tea leaves), so I had to return it for an exchange.
The second one arrived in good condition, but on its second use, after I filled it with hot water, the HANDLE BROKE OFF WHEN I LIFTED IT. In my mind I can see how much worse things could have been if I had turned away from the counter with it. Broken glass and hot water would have gone everywhere, and would likely have burned both my daughter and myself. As it was, I had only lifted it off the counter about an inch when the handle broke off. Even so, I ended up with a burn on my finger and a cut on my foot.

Not recommended. Don't know why it isn't double walled, but this thing is dangerous.
review image
on April 20, 2008
I saw this beautiful product on while I was searching for the perfect gift for my daughter's bridal shower. I was looking for a gift that would appeal to both the young and old guests we were hosting at our very special tea party. All of my guests were tea-lighted when they realized that the beautiful centerpieces that I used to decorate the tables were actually their take-away gifts. Not only did we get to enjoy a variety of delicious teas at the party, but I am still hearing raves from all of my friends as to how much they are enjoying the teas in their own homes.
on April 18, 2012
The pot and infuser is made from very thin glass. No substance at all to it. The infuser was broken in the package. The lid will not fit the pot at all. It sits lopsided as only one side will go into the rim. I sent it back for a refund.