Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 590 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 702 reviews
on October 4, 2013
I have a very active daughter who has a first grader. They are into everything and they love creative things. With this Primula Flowering Tea Set she was able to not only enjoy the tea but share the flowering tea with her son. I not only got her this but the warmer that matches it (also clear glass but heat resistant and not made by the same company) it was just $12.00 extra and it made it more fun. What a great gift since I paid almost twice that for my set from a high priced tea company. She can continue using the teapot and it cleans right up with a little soda. It's a fun item.
Oh, I might add you obviously have to go easy with this thin clear glass to not drop it on hard floor type thing since it can crack. If you treat it like china you are fine. Tea lights are available on Amazon for really cheap. One other interesting thing: the good thing about this clear glass teapot as opposed to the cast iron ones that are very expensive is that you can not only see when the tea is dark enough, but the clear glass one doesn't retain old tea flavor in it like you do in a cast iron teapot. If you change your tea taste, the cast iron one might have a taste residue to get out or it could affect the taste of your new tea.
on March 15, 2013
After experiencing a flower tea at a restaurant, I wanted to get this for my mom as a gift, so that she can experience what I experienced. The glass teapot is thin, but nicely crafted. You just have to be a bit careful in handling it as it is not a thick teapot. I do not recommend heating this glass teapot on top of your stove. I imagine that to move this teapot from a hot surface to a cold surface will crack it as glass reacts that way to quick temperature changes. So, in my family we placed the flower tea into the teapot and then pour hot water into the pot. While we stare at the ball of tea in the pot of hot water, the ball slowly blossoms into a flower right in front of you. It's a beautiful thing to see. Soon, a fully opened flower is in the teapot and the tea is then ready for consumption.

There are twelve tea balls that come with this set, but every ball gives off almost the same taste even though each ball has a different flower in it. My mom normally doesn't drink tea because she's afraid that it would keep her awake. However, since she started drinking this tea, she's been sleeping just fine and she likes the taste (green tea with jasmine flavor). The tea seems to withstand a few refills without losing much of its taste. The pot is pretty big and it looks nice on my mom's table.

It also comes with a glass tea infuser in case you want to use loose tea leaves (that you buy separately). The infuser fits inside of the teapot, but is not used for making tea from the flower tea balls. I was a bit confused when I saw the infuser because the flower tea balls don't fit well in them. My mom really liked the whole set. My niece bought one for her friend's mother as a gift as well. I'm considering getting one for myself. If you've never tried a flowering tea before, you have to try it. You'll like the pot that comes with this set, but you'll love the tea as it flowers in it.
on December 28, 2015
Oh, I really wanted to like this tea set and used it religiously for about 3 weeks, even washing it by hand instead of dishwasher but one of those times, the scored glass finger that hold the tea leaves nicked the edge of the teapot as I was lifting it out and one of the little glass slivers that creates the channels broke off, leaving a 1/4" hole in the bottom of the filter. So now I have to filter the tea with the metal filter from another set, which defeats the purpose of having an all glass tea set. I would have liked the option of a metal screened insert for finer leaf teas like Japanese green teas and Assams, which easily clog the scored glass channels. A very annoying feature is the shape of the handle, which provides no firm grip esp. when the pot is full of hot tea and requires that the glass filter be removed first before decanting the tea. I have to keep a tall glass around to sit the filter in while I pour. I'm kind of glad the glass filter finally broke, as I'll buy a metal filter like all of the other sets on the market.
on February 25, 2016
When I this thing showed up at my house, I was a little surprised at how small it was. Then I made tea with it, and was surprised at how much it actually held. Like, it appears to be a thimble full of tea, but it is actually all the tea my husband can drink in one sitting. The teapot didn't explode and lacerate me with super sharp chunks of glass shrapnel. which I was sorta worried about after I read other customer reviews. I have banged it in the sink and no cracks, chips or booms. So, I am gonna go with, this teapot is durable enough for my klutzy self, it holds an appropriate amount of water and it hasn't spontaneously blown up. The tea that came with this was....well it was pretty. It looked fancy and fabulous. I thought it smelled a tad like my gran's Red Hat lady friends, but my husband, the tea drinker, says it was delightful, and that I just have an unrefined tea drinking palate. So, all in all, I say buy this thing.
on May 21, 2015
I bought this for my mom on mother's day and she thinks it's great! I thought each of the flowers we ordered were each going to be a different flavor but every one of them is jasmine green tea but I'm okay with that because it still tastes and smells delicious. Out of aesthetic recommendation, I suggest that everyone fills the tea pot first before putting in the flower to prevent over flowing and to better watch the flower bloom.
on November 1, 2015
Tea that came with it was only mediocre but was a nice touch, have had mine for ~5 years and it has only recently developed a slight crack in the bottom. Doesn't leak or anything, just think it is finally time to retire this one for another pot. The glass infuser that comes with it wasn't too great and broke after maybe a year or so but a $2 2.5 inch steel tea ball works well with this pot. It will dribble a wee bit on itself if you don't pour carefully but cleaning it is easy enough.
on December 18, 2015
It arrived in a timely manner, carefully packaged so the glass was in no danger of breaking. The glass is very thin, however, so I recommend being very cautious when handling it. Probably not the best gift for children or someone who's prone to dropping things. Other than that, it's a stunning piece of glassware, and watching the flowers bloom inside is very relaxing and beautiful. I'll definitely be buying more tea, as I have already used all of mine. It has a very light, earthy, floral tone behind the jasmine green tea flavor. Excellent gift for any tea connoisseur.
review image
on September 14, 2017
I haven't had a chance to try the tea. We got the teapot two days ago, and have had all of two pots of tea - one green, so I slowly poured in 180°F water, and one black, so I slowly poured in water that had just stopped boiling. The tea steeped fine, and we had no problems yesterday, but this morning as I picked the teapot up by the handle to start pouring, it cracked right at the upper part of the handle.

So scalding tea started pouring out over the side of the teapot - thankfully not over my hand. But this is apparently how it stands up to normal use. Incredibly brief normal use. I'm deeply unimpressed.
on April 30, 2016
Cute idea. Tea tastes good BUT the handle on the glass teapot cracked while we were holding it pouring tea - the SECOND time we used it. You literally could hear the glass cracking. The crack formed where the handle connects to the teapot. Then the teapot started leaking water and, of course wasn't safe to use (hot water with a cracking sound every time it was lifted by the handle!) Maybe we just received a defective teapot. But note that the blooming tea does not look nearly as pretty as the picture. It's still fun, but it looks a little bit like watery seaweed washed up on the beach with a hint of color. Of course, we only got to try 2 of the tea balls - before the teapot handle cracked - so that's all I can judge by. My daughters did really enjoy seeing them bloom though - they thought it was interesting even if it did not live up to the photo in the advertisement (about 1/4 as good).
on January 27, 2016
I grew my own Lemon Verbena and peppermint this year, and needed a new infuser pot. I liked this so much I purchased for all my sisters.
As others have stated, it is very light, thin glass, so care is needed when using, and I wouldn't put it in the dishwasher.
The flowering tea is beautiful and a hit when you have company, but I'm not that much of a fan of the jasmine tea. But the 6 given as Christmas gifts were popular!