Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 1, 2014
I loved this product but the screw that holds the bottom of the strainer area fell apart after a few uses. I am guessing we just received a defective product. I just sent the seller a message and hope we can get it exchanged. We really did love it until it broke. (The part can come apart and be screwed back on but the screw in ours just slips right back out.)
on May 22, 2014
You don't really know a product until you've used it for a while. We pulled this out recently and have used it every day for a week as our coffee maker died. It works like any other French press and makes good coffee but now it's obvious that it has one very annoying "feature"".
It has the typical rubber seal at the top and this seal becomes looser with use. The top will not stay on when pouring the coffee now, you have to hold it in place or it tries to fall off. Other French presses I have used did not have this problem.
on September 9, 2013
Arrived next day which was nice.. since i ordered it over the weekend and it came mid-day monday. I never used a french press before and it was GREAT. First good cup of coffee I've had in months. I don't even need cream or sugar.

Pot is smaller than I expected but it looks cool and seems sturdy. For morning coffee and to fill my large thermos I just make it stronger and add hot extra hot water to the thermos...

Been using this a few times a day. Seems sturdy enough and the coffee and loose leaf tea I've made has been great. Definitely recommend this one to friends.

I like the metal feet because it keeps the bottom from hitting the sink or counter.
on September 30, 2013
Ordered on a Friday, arrived on Monday in bubble wrapped in original box with a little instruction booklet, and bubble wrapped in the shipping box with another item I ordered. I like it and have no major problems with it. Used it once so far and the coffee I have is fairly fine ground and the filter still kept the grounds at the bottom and not in my cup. The glass is a bit thin, but all glass french presses can't be banged around anyway; so as long as you are careful not to tap it on anything, it should be fine. Construction of the metal frame surrounding the glass is secure and the top fits nicely. The filter on the stem is a nice snug fit to the glass, however I agree with other poster that when you press the filter down, it stops about an inch above the bottom. It holds 4 measuring cups if you fill it to the brim, but for brewing purposes it makes 3 measuring cups of coffee. I like the product and am happy with the purchase.
on October 31, 2013
I bought to use at the office when I'm the only coffee drinker in for the day -- budget friendly for when it gets smashed in our busy office kitchen. I prefer pressed coffee (I use a Bodum at home), and thought this would be a nice alternative. After about a week of use, I like my Bodum a lot better. The pros: The handle is plastic but doesn't feel too cheap and is well insulated. Pusher bits come apart and go back together easy for cleaning. The cons: My biggest complaint is that the filter screen doesn't fit quite as snug, so there's a little more sediment in the coffee once poured. I may just need to use it for loose tea instead ....
on December 28, 2014
I love French press coffee. I have had many many many French presses. I purchased this one as a replacement for a Bodum which had served me well, but I didn't want to spend 40$ on a replacement Bodum. This little press works great. Yes, "8" cups is really like 2 travel mugs, but it's definitely better than drip coffee!! This press is sturdy, and looks nice. Which is hard to find for this price tag.
on July 16, 2014
This makes really good coffee. However, it's a French Press. Is it worth putting up with sediment in your coffee? Yeah, I'd say so. Is it worth cleaning? If you have a dishwasher, yes. If you wash your dishes by hand, meh. It's great to have, if you're willing to put up with the small peeves.
The product itself is pretty good. However, I dropped the metal part with the handle, and it broke. It still works, though. So, if you're good at holding things, buy this. Also, the wire mesh part of the filter starting wearing out as I washed it by hand, and it will occasionally stab me in a finger when I wash it. No big deal.
on January 19, 2014
This was purchased as an XMas gift. The transaction, and subsequent shipping, were excellent.

At first, the product seemed of good quality; the glass is thick and sturdy feeling, and the "plunger" seemed to be well constructed.

By the second week of January, the mess on the bottom of the "plunger" came off, and will not reassemble. We tried multiple different ways to put it back together for a week, and nothing ever worked. Finally, we broke down and bought a Bodum Press, for $20, at Starbucks. Hopefully, that one is better constructed.
on April 26, 2013
This is a great little french press, at any price. I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg just for a good cup of coffee.

The mesh at the bottom of the press doesn't deform (or hasn't so far) keeping most of the grind out of the coffee. As with any press, the bottom mesh won't be 100% efficient in keeping the grind out of the brew. For this I wish there was an additional mesh near the spout (I've seen it in some presses, but they cost a lot more).

The size is comparable to other presses of the stated size. The cup rating depends on how large of a mug you're pouring into, and with a coffee shop style oversized mug, I can get 2-3 pours out of the press. Again, this is pretty standard for the size of mug I generally use.
on November 26, 2013
This is the second French press that I've owned. I had one just like it until it decided to shatter one day, not the best. I decided I would get a plastic or non-glass French press. After reading reviews they appeared to be plagued with their own problems of slowly cracking and holding odors. So I went back to glass. It works well, makes great coffee, and hopefully won't break anytime soon. I also learned you can just buy the glass beaker, but I had already thrown everything out. I would recommend this one.