Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 520 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 589 reviews
on October 5, 2016
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS THING! I have been looking for a lightweight one cup option for quite some time. I use Starbucks ground Espresso Roast and it's really hard to get that nutty flavor to develop in anything but a French Press or espresso machine. And typically I loathe the taste of drip coffee. I own several "one cup" gadgets and I only wish I found this one a long, long time ago! ...and that I just ordered it instead of putting it on my wish list for over a year!

This is the closest I've been able to get to a French Press Taste in a one cup gadget & the bonus is IT CLEANS UP SO EASILY! Being easy to clean was also something I was looking for as well as taking up minimal space. It measures only 4.5 inches by 3/8ths inch thin! And weighs in at a skimpy 1.15 oz. or 32.7 grams! I have no problem adding an ounce to my pack especially since it produces good tasting coffee! I wanted something like this for my hiking, camping and hunting packs but none of the gadgets I've bought in the past have even been worthy to make it to the pack, nevermind the field, after actually using them. Those other gadgets are 1000% going in the trash without hesitation...now that I have found this! And now, I have another problem.... I HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER ONE FOR USING AT HOME 'cuz this is definitely going in the pack! Cleanup is a matter of turning it inside out over a garbage can and a quick splash of water (important outdoors), shake off with a couple quick wrist snaps to fling off the water and it's ready to go back in the pack or to use again. Outstanding.

I don't get stupidly happy about much...but it really is the little things in life...quick simple gadgets that works beautifully!

I CAN'T WAIT for a "GOOD CUP" OF CELEBRATORY WOODS COFFEE after a successful hunt, long hard hike in/out or chilly night in the hammock! Coffee in the woods is something special...but GOOD coffee in the woods is a splediforis miracle!

Can't speak for longevity of the product but if you are not stabbing it with a knife or attacking it with scissors like youre auditioning for a horror flick it should serve you well for a long time. I'm trusting it to be banged around, squished, jammed, slammed, twisted and be a flying floater in an outdoor pack and I have zero reservations about it holding up in there with all my other gear. (Ps...i frequently throw my pack around...in the truck, outta the truck, in the garage, over fences, dragged through thick cover and been known on occasion to throw my pack down steep declines tethered to a rope so I can traverse that terrain safely without the pack weight on me.) The build quality seems sturdy and the net material seems like "it can take a licking and keep on dipping!" Haha...see what I did there? ;)

I'd say if you're looking for a good, one cup, option for home, work or for an outdoor pack, IMO, this is the SUPREME WINNER BY FAR! It sure as heck beats dragging out the French press and making more than I want to make just so it tastes right & then having to clean it all up, just for one cup of coffee! Buy it...I'm buying another, FOR SURE!!!

pps...If they changed the red ring material to food grade silicone I'd buy stock in the company HAHA.

I never get anything free! I bought this with my own hard earned money and my reviews are legit. If it's good or bad it gets reviewed accordingly....free or not.

If my review was helpful can you click the button below and tell Amazon that it was "Helpful" ....please and thank you.

EDIT 3-12-17 This thing STILL rocks! Been used, abused and put away wet more times than one should admit to ;) ...n it looks and functions 100% the way it did on day one when it was new out of the package. I STILL stand by my original review, only now, I'm positive that this is EVERYTHING I said it was and...it's dang durable to boot!
22 comments| 178 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2016
I truly love this. It is a great alternative to a coffee pot for those who are not big coffee drinkers like me. I didn't want to have to have a coffee pot sitting on my counter for the occasional cup that I have. This fits many different size cups and it is quite durable. Since I don't mind old coffee, I usually twist the water out of the coffee that is in this and then sit this in another filter to dry. That way if I decide that I want another cup, I just reuse the same coffee grounds. Then when I am done with it, I very easily dump the coffee in the trash and rinse this in the sink, then put it back inside the other filter to dry. This can also be used for loose tea, but that is what I use the other filter for. I have had this for over a year, and all of the twisting I have done to wring out the coffee, has not damaged it at all.
review image review image
on December 2, 2015
This single cup brewing system is well designed and works exactly as expected. I can brew fresh coffee for my 16 oz. Aladdin Travel Cup and it is an easy, fast and awesome coffee making experience. It's over-sized top acts like a rain gutter to channel any boiling water back through the filter and into the cup. I love the permanent filter bag, it's so much more convenient then buying filters. I just brew my coffee then dump the used grounds into the disposal and rinse the Primula Brew Buddy well and hang it to drip dry. The whole process works like magic and makes an excellent cup of coffee every time. I can find no faults at all with this product & like the versatility of taking it on trips or when camping. Fast, simple and easy would describe using it. I highly recommend this product to anyone and for bachelors like myself who live alone, it really fits the bill. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.
on September 10, 2017
I have a Hamilton Beach single serve coffee maker that I've never quite gotten to make a dark brew (just use it for making hot water now since I have no microwave). Got this to see if I could get a darker cup and it works for that purpose. It takes a few minutes with my coffee maker water to get there and it's a bit harder to get powder creamer to dissolve because of that (again, I have no microwave). I'm sure I could solve that by using actual boiling stove-heated water, but just haven't tried it out yet. Will update if I do and it doesn't work.
Other than that, no grounds in the coffee afterwards and this fits my wide variety of cups. Used it about a dozen times so far and it seems to be holding up well.
on September 1, 2017
place it on the top of your coffee cup and fill the mesh filter full of coffee. Mesh filter is fine enough were there is minimal-to no grounds in your java. Poor your hot/boiled water slowly into the mesh/coffee and presto.....a delicious cup of joe in minutes. Made 4 cups up coffee from one filled mesh. Easily reverse the mesh and rinse clean. Mesh seems stitched to plastic ring well and mesh seems tough considering the fine nature of the holes in the mesh. Such an easy solution to the morning coffee need.
on March 11, 2013
ive had this for awhile now and still working good i use this everyday for my cup of coffee i drink in the morning i recommend for anyone who just needs a quick cup of coffee in the morning.
on July 13, 2017
I absolutely loooooove this little brew buddy! I used it at least 3 times a week and it's just SO EASY!!! No need to break out the coffee pot anymore, I can make my cup and go.

What I really love is you can leave this sitting in your cup a little longer depending on how strong you want your flavor to be. Also it is very easy to clean ( I dump out the coffee, spray a little soap, give it a rub a dub, and rinse! Easy peezy!
on May 10, 2017
We have as lot of coffee brewers, drip is our favorite style of coffee brewing, this is the best...I use less coffee, get a smooth cup at just the strength I want and waste a lot less coffee...use about half the amount I would use in a typical drip system...since I also drink tea I just use the water kettle and have "instant" coffee that is brewed. Great invention...thinking of getting one for tea as well.
on April 20, 2013
This item is pictured with a mug, and called a "brewing machine" but it merely consists of a plastic ring which contains a mesh "sack" for the coffee grounds. I give it a plus for it's space-saving size. Takes up minimal space, and probably great for the office or travel. The disadvantage I found is that it is annoyingly messy to clean, grounds simply won't release quickly into the trash can, and end up in the sink.
11 comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2017
Gave as a gift and my friend loves it! May have to get one for myself. it is rather convenient, especially for travel because I don't alway like the coffee's places serve and can take my own!! Just need my own stuff and hot water and apparently the right size mug.