Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

• Customer Reviews

on May 8, 2013
I decided to go with this stove after reading the one and two star reviews for similarly priced Coleman stoves, even though this stove doesn't have many reviews behind it. I read some reviews about it on another website and they seemed to vary, but it sounded better than Coleman for the price. I decided to try it out before actually taking on my camping trip having seen people having problems with other stoves straight out of the box. Even though something is new, still seems like a good idea to give it a test run..and no better time than a hot evening when one doesn't want to cook inside :D

Similar to another customer, one of the tabs to the windscreen had to be slightly tweaked to align it with the slot on the windscreen. Really easy, not really even a concern. The burner control works beautifully from just a faint flame to full-bore, with no problem keeping the flame adjusted to every level in between. A little problem I had after using it the first time, the burner position warped slightly after cooking on it, but I was able to adjust it back into position pretty easily w/o any problem. Otherwise one end of the burner flame will be closer to whatever you are cooking so be sure to watch for that. The piezo twist ignition worked fine the first time, however the next day (perhaps because I had to readjust the burner position) I had to twist it a few times to light the burner I had cooked on. Then I turned it off and turned it on with the first twist. Weird. The other burner (which I didn't use to cook on) lit instantly every time. Also, the very first time lighting the burners, it took a few seconds for the flame to encompass the burner. Probably just a first time usage thing. The other website where I found reviews said main problems were trouble lighting and temperature control.

Overall a good stove as far as I can tell by the trial runs I have given it before my camping trip. I only made a couple of grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches on it, but it grilled them perfectly...tasty :) Only complaints I have is the slight warping of position of the burner when initially used (easily fixed), the carrying "handle" is a rectangular cutout in the bottom of the stove, and it is currently not easy to find a bag on sale specifically meant for this stove. However if one notes the dimensions of the stove one can easily find a bag to fit the stove. I found the "Camp Chef Carry Bag for Mountain Series Stoves" fits this stove perfectly. (link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003N3KYR0/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_1)
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
40 people found this helpful
on September 2, 2013
The build quality is very good on this stove and it works just fine. I was surprised by how heavy and rugged it is. Easy to set up and use with ample room for large pots. Sometimes, you have to turn the starter more than once to get it to ignite, but this is typical for a piezo starter. Recommended.
6 people found this helpful
on May 26, 2014
I'm writing this because within the 1 year Primus warranty the plastic shaft of the igniter (red knob) snapped off. Not due to rough handling; just twisting it for a spark. I wrote to the Primus service center (support@bruntongroup.com) about my problem, even offering to pay for a new igniter. Received no reply. The stove itself works OK; but now I have to light it with an external flame. I don't like the plastic shaft; I don't like the lack of reply from Primus.
4 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 15, 2018
Don’t buy this garbage. We got this and the burner malfunction and the company wanted it sent back but won’t cover the shipping $52.00. The warranty person sent us a replacement part and the whole stove went up in flames.
on August 12, 2013
I admit that this review might be premature, but the details are fresh in my mind. I bought this stove to camp with this past weekend, and we just returned. If I had to sum it up in one word I would say: adequate.

The build quality of the stove is okay for what it is. All of these stoves feel flimsy, and frankly they are. But that's the price for being able to lug around a 2-burner stove. They need to be rather light, so I can accept that. I love the way the stove looks, and it opens and fits together perfectly. The burners and the grill look great.

The stove INCLUDES a propane tube and regulator.

The performance seems to be the only real down side to this stove. Unfortunately, I can't compare my experience to any other stoves, but maybe you can. Here are the issues:

1) It is nearly impossible to attain a "low" heat setting. I have a coffee percolator that demands low heat after percolation begins. It was extremely difficult (bordering on impossible) to achieve this without getting a flame-out (no heat) on either burner. I would consider this stove to offer heat settings between medium and high only.

2) The control knobs feel "rubbery" or "spongy" when you turn them. Meaning, when you turn them to a specific setting and let go, they will rotate back in the opposite direction a few degrees. The knobs appear to be under tension, so you have to turn them past your desired setting and let go.

3) Both of the burners (but mostly the right one) exhibited some strange gas-flow/ignition problems. This will be difficult to explain, so bear with me.

Upon initial lighting, both burners run fine. However, if you try to adjust them too low they will flame out. Upon re-ignition they will light, but something will be different! Suddenly the burner will be quite loud, and the central part will begin to glow bright red. It's as if some gas is being ignited underneath the burner inside the unit. Turning the burner up all the way will not clear the problem, it will only increase the noise.

When the burners are running normally they will only emit the slight "hisssss" that you might expect. During this abnormal operation, they sort of "flicker" and "crackle" like a flame blowing in the wind. I suppose the burners will still work in this mode, but they become much noisier and I'm not sure if they are safe.

So that's that. I'm going to keep this stove, but I'm also going to send an email to Primus asking them about this noisy burner issue. Let me know if you have any questions.
14 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on August 9, 2013
Great little stove---it ignited perfectly; the burners were great--can modulate the flame high or low. There was a little handle to hold it with. Perfect camping accompaniment.
4 people found this helpful
on December 21, 2012
We used it on a two week camping trip in October, cooking for five. It has lots of room for two big pots. Good flame control. The automatic starter worked well. At our local propane supplier we bought the converter attachments and a 1 gallon refillable propane tank rather than using disposable bottles and that was very efficient. Bottom line, it might be a bit more expensive than, say, a Coleman but we have none of the complaints we read about other products either. Highly recommend this Primus.
17 people found this helpful
on April 17, 2016
All in one solution for cooking with propane for doomsday or camping
on June 4, 2013
Great stove heated up fast and cooked well the two times I used it, then it got stolen at Flaming Gorge after breakfast. We were the only people there and it was left on the table when I fished. They left the pulled pork from breakfast so I have to give them that. TIM
One person found this helpful
on October 14, 2014
I camp a lot , I just love this stove, it`s big