Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Prince Of Persia - Xbox 360” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 75% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping
Just ship to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Enjoy the franchise's debut on next-generation consoles utilizing Ubisoft's proprietary Anvil engine, the same engine used to develop Assassins Creed.
- Utilize the Prince's old skills, along with a whole new combat system, to battle Ahriman's corrupted lieutenants to heal the land from the dark Corruption and restore the light.
- Escape to a fantasy world set in ancient Persia brought to life through masterful storytelling and sprawling environments and that rivals the blockbusters of Hollywood.
- For the first time in franchise history decide how the storyline unfolds by choosing the Prince's path in an open-ended game world.
- Wield the acrobatic and puzzle-solving power of the Prince's beautiful and powerful AI companion Elika as you explore the perils of ancient Persia.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Prince of Persia X360
Prince of Persia is set in a land rooted in ancient Persian mythology, with the Prince finding himself caught in an epic battle between the primal forces of light and darknessthe god of Light, Ormazd versus his brother Ahriman, the destructive god of Darkness. The Prince arrives just in time to witness the destruction of the legendary Tree of Life, an act which threatens to plunge the entire world into eternal darkness. Manifested in the form of 'the Corruption,' a dark substance that physically contaminates the land and the skies, the Prince must partner with his new deadly companion Elika to heal the world from the evil Corruption.
As Ahriman, the god of Darkness is released so are his minions of monstrous slaves. The most dangerous and powerful set against the Prince is known as "the Hunter." Once a human prince himself, the Hunter was raised in opulent decadence and detached from the day-to-day world. His only passion was for the drama and brutality of the hunt, but soon passion grew to obsession. After killing every variety of beast known, he grew bored and too bold. Recognizing an opportunity Ahriman appeared to him and offered a bargain, a hunt against the most dangerous beasts the world has to offer in return for his soul. Foolishly he accepted and was transformed from man into demonic beast and was hunted by men from all over the world. His all-consuming rage made easy work of the hunters set against him, but also bound him to Ahriman for eternity.
But wherever there is evil, there is also a counter balance to it. Following the defeat and imprisonment of Ahriman, his brother Ormazd, the god of Light, left the world in the care of his servants, the Ahuras, guardians of the tree of life. The Princes new ally, Elika, is one of those guardians. Beautiful and mysterious she is a powerful AI companion who accompanies players throughout the game. Filled with an unknown power, she will be helpful in all aspects of gameplay, including acrobatics, combat and puzzle-solving as players quest to rid the land from Ahriman's corruption.
- A New Hero Emerges - Master the acrobatics, strategy and fighting tactics of the most agile warrior of all time. Grip fall down the face of a building, perform perfectly timed acrobatic combinations, and swing over canyons, buildings and anything that is reachable. This new rogue warrior must utilize all of his new skills, along with a whole new combat system, to battle Ahrimans corrupted lieutenants to heal the land from the dark Corruption and restore the light.
- A New Epic Journey Begins - Escape to the new fantasy world of ancient Persia. Masterful storytelling and sprawling environments deliver to action-adventure fans an experience that rivals even the best Hollywood movies.
- A New Open World Structure - A first for the Prince of Persia franchise now you have the freedom to determine how the game evolves in this non-linear adventure. Players will decide how they unfold the storyline by choosing their path in the open-ended world.
- Emergence of a Deadly New Ally - Historys greatest ally is revealed in the form of Elika, a dynamic AI companion who joins the Prince in his fight to save the world. Gifted with magical powers, she interacts with the player in combat, acrobatics and puzzle-solving, enabling the Prince to reach new heights of deadly high-flying artistry through special duo acrobatic moves or devastating fighting combo attacks.
- Next-Gen Engine - The franchises debut on next-generation consoles utilizes Ubisofts proprietary Anvil engine, the same engine used to develop Assassins Creed.
The critically acclaimed Prince of Persia franchise returns for the first time on next-generation platforms with an all-new epic journey. Built by the same award-winning Ubisoft Montreal studio that created Assassins Creed, Prince of Persia has been in development for over three years to deliver a whole new action-adventure gaming experience to consumers. With a whole new Prince, storyline, open world environments, combat style, signature illustrative graphical style and the addition of Elika, a deadly new ally, Prince of Persia brings the franchise to new heights of deadly acrobatic, artistry and is set to become the #1 action-adventure game of 2008.
Top customer reviews
I know there's an extra DLC to be bought after the end of it, but I don't know if I'll buy it, especially since I still haven't had a chance to defeat the main storyline. Apparently it also completely retcons the fate of one of the two lead characters? Which, given what I know of the story so far, is a poor decision on the developers in my opinion. But make of that what you will.
I'm not used to submit reviews but this is game is worth enough to talk about for long hours. I am a fan of Prince of Persia franchise but being a fan doesn't mean be blind. When "The Two Thrones" was realeased it meant a lot of fun but also a farewell to the franchise. Ubisoft has been trying to reboot this game with many versions for Nintedo DS and Wii and PSP all of those converging in remake ones. Guess what? I stopped being a fan so POP passed to be a everlasting and unforgettable game for me. when Assassin's Creed appeared it was a fresh style POP-like game and indeed it is yet a great unique game.
Prince of Persia 2008 is truly a excellent game. its highly focused on skilled-acrobatic controls, possess a great camera interaction and fresh storyline from an alternate universe what it means that the game's plot is placed in a different universe a very interest story based on Zoroatrism stream, a totally different new character that is referred as Prince of Persia just for symbolic purpose.
Elika, the POP new companion adds an important value to the gameplay, this time combos are greater and funnier. enemies new state-feature is quite unique challenging, Prince of Persia 2008 is not the hardest game among POP Games but is well balanced and entertainted.
If you're looking for an VERY impressive animation, breath-taking enviroments, a lot of repetion skilled jumps to proves your abilities, a mystic story, zarcasm, no-shy Prince and willing to collect all light seeds this game is for you.
A good advise is talk a lot with Elika, knowing more about the story and background and enemies of this game is optional you only have to press LT or LB to talk with Elika from time to time. If you don't talk with her you'll be finding yourself in a unknown world with no purpose, trying to reach new locations without reason or knowing why you are doing such deeds.
I already play Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands. its quite a good game but Prince of Persia 2008 is greater and for my personal taste i feel more involved in this new alternate zoroatrism universe.
The game itself is pretty decent. It's a bit on the easy side, and deviates a bit from the Sands of Time styles of gameplay, but it's a bloody great game nonetheless.