Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Prince Of Persia - Xbox 360” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 75% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
+ $3.95 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Enjoy the franchise's debut on next-generation consoles utilizing Ubisoft's proprietary Anvil engine, the same engine used to develop Assassins Creed.
- Utilize the Prince's old skills, along with a whole new combat system, to battle Ahriman's corrupted lieutenants to heal the land from the dark Corruption and restore the light.
- Escape to a fantasy world set in ancient Persia brought to life through masterful storytelling and sprawling environments and that rivals the blockbusters of Hollywood.
- For the first time in franchise history decide how the storyline unfolds by choosing the Prince's path in an open-ended game world.
- Wield the acrobatic and puzzle-solving power of the Prince's beautiful and powerful AI companion Elika as you explore the perils of ancient Persia.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
As Ahriman, the god of Darkness is released so are his minions of monstrous slaves. The most dangerous and powerful set against the Prince is known as "the Hunter." Once a human prince himself, the Hunter was raised in opulent decadence and detached from the day-to-day world. His only passion was for the drama and brutality of the hunt, but soon passion grew to obsession. After killing every variety of beast known, he grew bored and too bold. Recognizing an opportunity Ahriman appeared to him and offered a bargain, a hunt against the most dangerous beasts the world has to offer in return for his soul. Foolishly he accepted and was transformed from man into demonic beast and was hunted by men from all over the world. His all-consuming rage made easy work of the hunters set against him, but also bound him to Ahriman for eternity.
But wherever there is evil, there is also a counter balance to it. Following the defeat and imprisonment of Ahriman, his brother Ormazd, the god of Light, left the world in the care of his servants, the Ahuras, guardians of the tree of life. The Princes new ally, Elika, is one of those guardians. Beautiful and mysterious she is a powerful AI companion who accompanies players throughout the game. Filled with an unknown power, she will be helpful in all aspects of gameplay, including acrobatics, combat and puzzle-solving as players quest to rid the land from Ahriman's corruption.
- A New Hero Emerges - Master the acrobatics, strategy and fighting tactics of the most agile warrior of all time. Grip fall down the face of a building, perform perfectly timed acrobatic combinations, and swing over canyons, buildings and anything that is reachable. This new rogue warrior must utilize all of his new skills, along with a whole new combat system, to battle Ahrimans corrupted lieutenants to heal the land from the dark Corruption and restore the light.
- A New Epic Journey Begins - Escape to the new fantasy world of ancient Persia. Masterful storytelling and sprawling environments deliver to action-adventure fans an experience that rivals even the best Hollywood movies.
- A New Open World Structure - A first for the Prince of Persia franchise now you have the freedom to determine how the game evolves in this non-linear adventure. Players will decide how they unfold the storyline by choosing their path in the open-ended world.
- Emergence of a Deadly New Ally - Historys greatest ally is revealed in the form of Elika, a dynamic AI companion who joins the Prince in his fight to save the world. Gifted with magical powers, she interacts with the player in combat, acrobatics and puzzle-solving, enabling the Prince to reach new heights of deadly high-flying artistry through special duo acrobatic moves or devastating fighting combo attacks.
- Next-Gen Engine - The franchises debut on next-generation consoles utilizes Ubisofts proprietary Anvil engine, the same engine used to develop Assassins Creed.
The critically acclaimed Prince of Persia franchise returns for the first time on next-generation platforms with an all-new epic journey. Built by the same award-winning Ubisoft Montreal studio that created Assassins Creed, Prince of Persia has been in development for over three years to deliver a whole new action-adventure gaming experience to consumers. With a whole new Prince, storyline, open world environments, combat style, signature illustrative graphical style and the addition of Elika, a deadly new ally, Prince of Persia brings the franchise to new heights of deadly acrobatic, artistry and is set to become the #1 action-adventure game of 2008.
Top Customer Reviews
The Prince meets a magical Princess named Elika, who's on the run from palace guards. He comes to her aid mostly due to his own bravado, rather than her actual need for rescuing. He gets drawn into a magical adventure where he must help Elika save her kingdom from an evil God who's contaminated the land with a black corrosive slime called The Corruption. Comic Book Fans will recognize this stuff as Spiderman's Symbiotic Suit. The story is epic and the romantic chemistry between the characters is great! 85% of the dialogue is really good and 15% misses the mark. If you can ignore a few bad lines, you'll feel for the characters and enjoy a few laughs. Most of the dialogue is initiated by YOU, the player. An icon appears on the lower left corner of the screen and if you press LT, you talk to Elika. She tells you about the history of the kingdom, gives you hints on puzzles, and flirts.
The game uses the tech from Assassin's Creed to render some of the most beautifully crafted and fantastically designed levels of all time. The game is slightly cell shaded which adds to the fairytale atmosphere. Both the Prince and Elika look and move great.
Gameplay: Exploring 8/10
The Prince and Elika must traverse the dangerous environments and get to the Fertile Grounds. Once they get there, Elika heals the land and removes the corruption. Navigating the environments has never been easier.Read more ›
Story: No longer are we a proud son of royalty but rather a drifter/thief looking for his donkey (amusingly named Farah) who has a nice collection of treasures on her. The Prince is caught in a sandstorm and runs into Elika, part of the Ahura clan, an ancient tribe whose role it is is to keep the God of Darkness Ahriman imprisoned with the Tree of Life. But when Elika's father destroys the Tree, Ahriman is unleashed and fills the world with corruption and brings strong warriors who guard "Fertile Grounds" which can restore the land to normal with Elika's help. With Elika's special abilities and the Prince's acrobatic and skills with the blade, we'll travel through beautiful locales and bring the land to its former glory and destroy Ahriman.
Since the story doesn't have any ties to the Sands of Time trilogy, it's best to plunge into this expecting a new story and characters rather than hope this is a part IV, let's say.Read more ›
It's evident as soon as you boot up the game, that the developers put a lot of love and labor into this game, and that fact becomes only more evident as you play through the game. The environments are absolutely gorgeous and imaginative. If you've ever desired to play a game that reminded you of childhood fairy tales with a child's massive imagination, then Prince of Persia will be very pleasing to you. The graphics are crisp, the colors are vibrant, and the design is superb. That is PoP's biggest strength. The story is not particularly unique or groundbreaking, but the writing and voice acting is so good and compelling, that the story is actually very well done. I found myself fascinated by the different environments of this mysterious land I was exploring. I was very compelled by the various bosses' stories. The banter between Eleka, your constant companion, and the Prince is believable and enjoyable.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What a disappointment. This game gets so repetitive that I gave up after a few hours. How many times can you get excited that you made the jump from a rope to a wall? Read morePublished 1 month ago by W. Gervasi
Repetitive. It looks pretty, but the Prince takes you out of the mood, most times.Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer
Great game played it for hours I would recommend it to anyonePublished 11 months ago by billy spicer
amazing amazing game! you have the traditional wall running, alot of acrobatics movement. and the fighting is very special , you have to fight one big enemy at a time in one... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Tal
GREEN BOX WAS RE-PACKED IN A THIN CRYSTAL CLEAR PLASTIC BAG THAT IS NOT ORIGINAL WAY MICROSOFT DOES IT, NOT RETAIL MICROSOFT'S ORIGINAL STICKER PRESENT (IT'S MISSING) AND WHEN I... Read morePublished 14 months ago by MONSIEUR RIVODEAUX