Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on November 17, 2011
This is actually our second racket of this exact model. We have many similar over-sized rackets from other major manufactures but this is by far the best. This racket feels very soft on impact so better on the arm/elbow, and the ball feels more powerful coming off the racket. It just gives us the 'oomph' feeling and sound we don't get from other rackets. We have to get another one so I get to use it as my daughter who plays on her high school varsity team also favorite this model.

As far as I can tell, this racket was priced a lot higher when new few years ago, but the price has dropped so much it's a great buy now.

BTW, I string my own rackets so when the stock string broke, I put Wilson NXT Tour 17 string on this racket, and we were amazed. The stock string came with this racket was decent, but with Wilson NXT Tour 17, it plays almost like a dream! Interestingly when I put the same string on our other rackets, we didn't feel this much improvement. Somehow this Prince OS3 Silver racket matches this Wilson NXT Tour 17 string much better than others.

----

Update: We bought our third racket of this model and still very satisfied.

On strings we have started to use Tecnifibre X-One Biphase strings and it is even softer than Wilson NXT. We can feel the difference between these two strings but not sure which is better, so we use both.

We have 4 similar over sized rackets from the 4 major brands: Prince, Wilson, Head and Babolat. My wife favors Wilson K-Zero racket as it is the lightest and the weight is centered closer to the handle makes it easiest to swing. My daughter and I favor the Prince O3 Silver as it is more powerful. The Babolat Y-118 has most control among the 4 brands but the sweet spot is a little higher away from the handle so takes a little getting use to, and it is the least powerful among the 4. The Head Liquidmetal 8 has a slightly smaller head at 112 square inches (all others are at 118) and is the second most powerful after the Prince O3 Silver. I feel the Prince and Wilson has bigger sweet spots compared to the other two. Each of these 4 brands/models has its own strong points and personalities so it's really personal preference.
on January 21, 2014
Gave this as a gift to my girlfriend, we're intermediate players who've been playing about once a week during the past year. Her previous racket was a $70 Wilson that was okay for getting back into the swing of things but her game had outgrown it; I use another Prince and love it.

When she first started with this one there was an adjustment period, to be expected. The racket is very light, has a large sweet spot and has a lot of power - she's still reigning it in a bit. But once she got used to it she was like "I love this thing!" Shots she used to reach but not return she's now returning, and often with accuracy to boot. On a break I tried it out on a few serves and was blown away by the power it has. Compared to my other Prince it feels like it has a slight weightedness to the head, which gives a hell of a serve.
on February 9, 2012
I am a very old senior olympics over 80 tennis player. My stroke speed has slowed due to old age but with the prince 03 silver tennis raquet I have managed to generate increased power with less effort. the raquet was purched through Amazon and was delivered free within 4 days
on March 16, 2014
I previously used a Prince Airstick for many years and thought it was the best but thought I'd give the O3 Silver OS a try and glad I did. First, the stringing that comes with it has cheaper strings and tension was too tight for me. I restrung (I string my own and it's a little trickier than past rackets due to it's design ... googled how to string it and that helped) at 50# with Wilson Sensation 17 and what a difference! The racket feels very solid with a larger sweet spot meaning fewer mishits. In particular, my net play has really, really benefited. This is a great buy at $70. I immediately bought another.
on January 3, 2012
I love the game this racquet brings. I have a weak backhand so the SILVER makes up for it with its power. I have confidence in every shot I take. The huge sweet spot is great for shots you might miss with a 110sq in racquet.I can change to lefty forehand and return the shot with no effort. If you want power in a racquet that you cant provide on your own, this ones for you. How can you beat the price? Its worth twice what I paid(now that I own It).
on February 3, 2014
I used a Prince as one of my racquets when I had to stop playing 15 years ago due to a shoulder problem. Now that I am getting back into it, I have borrowed various newer racquets from friends. I bought a White and a Silver for different string tensions. With enough practice, I think I can become as competitive as before---but am not as mobile or strong at 68. I think these racquets can be an age equalizer. Stay away injuries and illness!
on November 13, 2013
My husband loved this gift. Made for seniors..... After the first day out on the court he adjusted to it.
on August 29, 2013
I played with a buddy's and then bought this, as my racquet was an old Prince Pro from the 80's. It has a lot of pop, but was too much power for me. The pro at our club had warned me, but I thought I would try it anyway. Good for the price and my wife is a beginner and it helps her with power so I just gave it to her. So no problems and it came very quickly. Nice Racquet, I am just better suited for the Babolat, which I recently bought.
on September 12, 2013
I played a lot of tennis as a young person.
I am getting back into playing, and I was a little skeptical of these types of oversize rackets (grew up on the old Stefan Edberg Wilson ProStaff). But Prince has always produced quality, and this racket is not exception. You get control with an increase in power. Volleys have never been easier, even "frame shots" are dampened well. Just an all-around wonderful racket.
on September 7, 2014
Great racket. Love the power and control it gives me on the court.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.