Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Princeton Tec Byte LED Headlamp
|Price:||$19.93 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compact LED headlamp ideal for camping, climbing, and running
- Maxbright LED emits powerful white light for long-range tasks
- Red Ultrabright LED for close to mid-range tasks; 35 lumens of power
- Single button operation; easily accessible battery door enclosure
- Requires 2 AAA batteries; provides 80 hours of burntime
- 50 lumens, 146 hour burn time
- Red LED for preserving night vision
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Princeton Tec Byte LED Headlamp (50 Lumens, Black)
Coast HL7 Focusing 285 Lumen LED Headlamp B005NXPW5W
Energizer Pro 3 LED Headlamp B00081GATG
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||CE Showroom||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||21st-Century-Goods|
|Item Package Weight||0.2 pounds||0.8 pounds||0.2 pounds||0.2 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Here's the deal. This is a rugged, bright, light, and otherwise great light for under $20. But the electronics have a fatal flaw where it drains the battery when not in use. My sons use them for scout camping and got into the habit of removing the batteries, or flipping one battery around so that it wouldn't drain, when not in use. That's pretty much what the lockout does. It's a mechanical switch that disconnects the battery, so that the electronics won't drain. So now you have two switches, both need to be "on" to turn it on.
As long as you understand that, you can't beat this light for the price. If you don't understand that, it'll let you down.
- Price, price and price! You can't beat it!
- The physical design is great. The headband fits well, holds light in place during moderate activity, but doesn't squeeze the scalp to make it uncomfortable. Weight is negligible. No over-the-top headband.
- Tilt mechanism is solid; doesn't slip after you set it.
- Controls (one button) are easy enough. click to cycle through red, low-white, high-white, push-and-hold to turn off. No SOS mode, which I consider a plus... who actually uses that?!?
- I used every night around camp during a 2.5 week trip, on one set of AAA batteries, so appears to be very efficient.
- First, I maintained the 5-star rating. This little light has remained my go-to headlamp despite any drawbacks it might have. Can't deny that.
- Batteries will drain completely within 4-8 weeks with no use. This was NOT a problem during during the camping trip. But, as an emergency light, should be stored without batteries to prevent drainage. This is an engineering flaw that Princeton Tech needs to address.
- Separate control for red light would be nice, don't want to wake up others in camp. It's a pain to cycle through white to get to red and vice versa.
I bought a second one for the wife. I've absolutely got my money's worth out of this light!
I have had no difficulties or issues like the previous reviewer with either my light or my friends, so I would credit those not to deficient design, but to the fact that in these days of mass manufacturing there are always bound to be some products which come off the line not at 100%.
Good, very small piece of gear, I have no problem recommending it if you are looking for something like this. If you happen to get one with issues, either the retailer or manufacturer would probably be willing to exchange.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is perfect for what I need. I work on aircraft at night and need a headlight every night. This isn't that powerful but I didn't need that. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Brian Hess
Great headlamp, light, good battery life, red, high/lo, and adjustable head strap. For the price this is about one of the best little headlamps. Read morePublished 25 days ago by Alexander T. Johnson
This might be the best headlamp I've ever owned. Not as bright as some on the market, but brighter than almost everything on the market when I started using headlamps and the... Read morePublished 2 months ago by JPW062
Initially, I loved it. Was planning on taking this for camping, but after about a month of non-use, the batteries were completely dead. Read morePublished 3 months ago by B. McCool