- Paperback: 447 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 1st edition (September 19, 1996)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0133011445
- ISBN-13: 978-0133011449
- Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,392,591 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #220 in Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Logic
- #361 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Digital Design
- #1064 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Circuits
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Principles of Digital Design 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
This text is designed to facilitate a thorough understanding of the fundamental principles of design without requiring readers to memorize an excess of confusing technological details. It integrates fundamentals with state-of-the-art techniques in computer design to demonstrate the complete design process, from specification to manufacturing.
From the Back Cover
This book is designed to facilitate a thorough understanding of the fundamental principles of design without requiring readers to memorize an excess of confusing technological details. It integrates fundamentals with state-of-the-art techniques in computer design to demonstrate the complete design process, from specification to manufacturing.
- Presents clear connections between principles and practice. (Throughout)
- Progresses naturally and patiently through the design process, ranging in complexity from logic and sequential levels to the levels of RISC processors and complete ASICs. (Throughout)
- Introduces a generic component library that reflects practical design constraints to help explain concepts and implement worked-out examples. (Ch. 5, 7)
- Takes a contemporary approach to logic and sequential design, emphasizing a coherent design process instead of manual design techniques. (Throughout)
- Introduces an ASIC design process based on the sequential and behavioral synthesis used in modern CAD tools. (Ch. 8)
- De-mystifies the art of processor design by extending synthesis techniques to microprocessor design. (Ch. 9)
- Demonstrates processor design on CISC and RISC processors including instruction set design and datapath design with data-forwarding and branch prediction. (Ch. 9)
- The book features:
- Step-by-step design procedures in each chapter.
- Comprehensive worked examples that demonstrate designer's options and choices. (Throughout)
- Over 300 color illustrations that use color to enhance learning and material retention.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
However, I strongly suggest the author to update as the following :
1. Use Smart Meter instead of Alarm Clock in section 1.1
2. Introduce SystemC and Logisim in section 1.4 and having some experiments in Appendix
3. Transection level modeling shall be mentioned at the end of chapter 8
4. Introduce RX21A MCU in section 9.
After all, it represents a concept for the embedded system instead of the computer architecture.
To top it off this is supposed to be the hardcover version and amazon continues to sell it as hardcover and with the price tag for a hardcover. In fact they sent me the softcover version, which has ONLY black and white pages which seem to be from recycled paper. I would expect this from an international edition but it doesn't seem to be one. I checked my invoice and sure enough it says hardcover. I called and asked for a replacement and they assured me they would send me a hardcover. They took about 15 days just to get the replacement shipped but were quick to suggest i ship the book i have immediately. Today i received the book (overnight shipping) and to my amazement it is in fact the exact same book i received before a SOFTCOVER. So now i have to call again complain again and waste my time shipping two books(for a student its valuable and not being able to study from a book is even work with an exam already next week)
I have never had this experience with amazon and even being a prime member i am disgusted with how they are ripping people off this is truly appalling and i think i will cancel my prime membership and take it else ware even if it means paying a little more but actually getting what i pay for...
My opinion don't buy it here.