- File Size: 346 KB
- Print Length: 238 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: The Locke Institute; 1 edition (December 10, 2010)
- Publication Date: December 10, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004J8HV0Q
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,446,029 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Principles of a Free Society Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 238 pages|
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Starting from the principle of habeas corpus--each individual's right to a day in court, which Smith conceives more broadly as the foundation of human rights--Smith develops a concept of a free society which serves as a platform from which to critique the immense power handed over to, or stolen by, governments. Like the American founders, Smith is preoccupied with the questions, "Who guards the guards?" or "How can governments be held in check?" Americans' understanding of freedom has been modified considerably in the past two centuries. Nathanael Smith advocates principles of a free society closer to the thinking of our founders. The timeliness of the book, as well as the clarity of Smith's philosophy, makes Principles of a Free Society a must read for all.
Where Nathanael Smith's philosophy is most unique--some may even find it dangerously revolutionary--is on questions of immigration and border policies.Read more ›
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Economics > Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Political Science > History & Theory
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Economics > Theory
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Political Science > History & Theory