Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
on April 13, 2017
I bought this as a birthday present for my 8 year old son. He had improvised some art with a hot glue gun and this seemed the next logical step. It was a huge success, and he loves it. It has not been without its pitfalls, though. The instructions need to be properly translated into English by a native speaker, and could use other improvements. We've taken it apart a dozen of times now to clear jammed filament, and in the process scratched it up and broken a plastic assembly latch. While this may sound like a total slam, it's not. If the instructions were more clear and also told you to wait two seconds before pressing the 'go" button after releasing it, these jams would not occur. A minor software change would also address this problem. Also not clear in the instructions is the fact that if you double-click one of the filament transport buttons, it keeps moving until you click that same button again, which I think is actually a good design, but is just not well documented. My last complaint is that the ergonomics are very good, but it seems to be designed for lefties and I happen to bee a righty. I use it with the LCD pointing down so that my right index finder is resting on the 'go' button. It is really a very good product, though, and it is well executed given what you are paying for it. Yes, you will probably end up taking it apart to clear a jam. Maybe another improvement would be to make it easy to take apart, but we have had a lot of fun with it. In the process of all that tinkering, my son has learned about plastic transition, electricity, heat, computers, and art. Worth every penny so far.
on July 19, 2017
This pen is so freaking cool. We received it yesterday and stayed up half the night playing with it and getting to know and understand just how to use it. I will tell you patience is a necessity!!! Patience patience patience. If you are to truly create a master piece. So far after like 2 hours I successfully completed a tree and a cat. LOL I would show picture but my youngest daughter kinda broke it. YOU MUST ORDER EXTRA FILAMENT!!! A LOT BUT I love this pen, I will be ordering one for my son for his birthday and one for myself at some point so we can all create together!! ORDER EXTRA FILAMENT!!!!! ORDER EXTRA FILAMENT IT GOES FAST!
on January 16, 2017
I bought this because I have heard a lot of positive feedback from some of my friends. This item comes in two colors and I chose pink. This item comes with a very detailed written manual instruction that is very easy to understand and easy to assemble. Also, it comes with electric plug and different colors of filaments. As you draw the pen, the filament is filtered and heated through the body of the pen, it has a forward and reverse arrow to move the filament in and out. Using this pen reminded me of glue gun I used in high school. This is very good for children and adults that have creative artistic skills. I might buy one more as gift. Highly recommended product!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on February 11, 2017
I saw one of the kids at school played with this pen before I decided to buy it. I gave it to my nieces and they loved it. I even got the title coolest uncle of the year because of this pen. I saw them played with it without difficulty, their ages are 10 and 12 years old by the way. They created a few simple things in accordance with their age but I am still in awe of their imagination. They told me that some of their friends have also asked their parents to buy this pen, so I guess kids really love this pen. Overall I am satisfied with my purchase and would recommend it as well.
review imagereview imagereview image
on March 15, 2017
This is a great gift product for anyone who are creative. I purchased this CTRO 3D pen drawing for my niece because she is very creative. In the begining, she has a hard time with it then after a couple try which she fall in love with it. Here are some pros and cons with the use of this 3D pen.
Pros: Heats-up quickly, easy insertion of filament, quick melting of filament
Cons: Takes A LOT of practice to become proficient, directions in box are not very clear
Overall, she has enjoyed the pen and highly recommend who are creative.
review imagereview imagereview image
on December 27, 2017
Update: Seller stood by their product and gave me a full refund.

Pen broke within a week. My child was so sad. Cheap construction. Almost impossible to unclog even with following instructions on the company website. Started out great, but both broke (we bought 2 for twin 12 year olds). Bulky & disappointing. Bought a different brand to replace and are very happy with the MYNT3D pen. That one was worth the extra $.
on January 31, 2017
 My friend has a 3D pen, she let me try it one time and I really loved it, so I always wanted one. Finally I got my own 3D pen! It is really easy to use, you basically just follow the instructions on the booklet, which teaches you all the process step by step. Then you can draw whatever you want, be as creative as you can!! My first “artwork” is a sail boat, I planned to draw a house at the beginning, but it turned out to be a sail boat, which I think is much better :p. It was a lot of fun to draw a 3D stuff, because you can actually touch it and look at it from different angle. Since it’s 3D pen, I tried to avoid drawing something 2D, I always like to do vertical lines. The technic is – once you finish a vertical line, hold it for maybe 15 seconds, until the line becomes hard and can stand by itself. I plan to draw something more functional next time, like a pencil holder, so my 3D pen is not only a toy, but also a useful and creative tool. I/m really happy with this purchase, Love it!
review imagereview image
on February 10, 2017
This is the first 3D pen I own and I would like to write something about my first impressions with the product. I have to say that I am much happier with this 3D printing pen. It works pretty well and it is a great device to have something to do in my rest day. These 3d printer pen plastics are very bright and colourful, which is one of the reasons I like. I had a lot of fun with writing, drawing and even creating standing objects with it. It keeps as a normal pen,it is light and easy to use. You can paint on paper or simply drawing in the air. With a little practice can create great works of art. A great gift for creative people.Everything else is fine,one should be careful.
review image
on January 17, 2017
My son has been absolutely begging me for one of these for months, well he got christmas money so we made a deal and I bought him this and he gave me the cash. He just loves loves loves it. He can basically make whatever he wants with it, its fairly easy to use, he needs some supervision (hes 9) but we actually both quite enjoy using it.
on February 13, 2017
I bought this pen for my son's birthday based on the really good reviews it has received. We just took it out of the box and followed the instructions. The heating element works well, and he had fun with it for two minutes until the motor that advances and retracts the filament stopped working. Hopefully I just got a dud, so I'm returning this one while I order another. I'll update my review once the replacement arrives, but right now my unhappy son is not loving his gift.