Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 14, 2016
It's great, it's cheap! No, it's not a 10' x 12' blackout sheet (did you notice the price?)

It's solid black, no discolorations. It has to stretch to get out the creases from shipping. If you're shooting on a black background, the depth of field should be that it's not in focus anyway. IMO

I'm happy with it, I ordered 2 other backgrounds, but haven't used them yet.
4 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse
Excellent quality, better than expected. Fabric is a bit heavier and with a tighter weave than others I have seen. Should be very durable and last years, even if it should require washing. I will wait until washing is needed, but will iron (under a lightly damp towel so as not to set up a surface shine from direct contact with the iron) to get the packing wrinkles tamed down. Since this is made to be folded and packed, there is no point to being fanatical about wrinkles. Those cant be handled in post production. I am very happy with this purchase and would certainly purchase again.
4 helpful votes
on December 3, 2016
good green backdrop, but a bit small. carefully consider size of what you want to do...if people involved, this is too small.
The above was my original review.

After the company saw my review, they sent me the larger size totally free of charge. Wow! i changed my ranking to 5 star for such attentive company support. the screen itself is great. when you order make sure the size you order is adequate for your needs. If you have adults involved, the smaller size is too small. Just get the bigger size, and it is perfect.
on August 3, 2016
UPDATE 8/9/16:
After seeing my review (which was almost entirely positive), the seller SPN Performance called me. Even though I already had a mostly positive experience, they insisted on issuing a $5 credit. The representative I talked to was very friendly and professional and seemed legitimately concerned that I didn't have a perfect experience. I am very satisfied overall with this transaction and will buy from this seller again.

For the price, this is honestly a pretty good deal.
It comes with a storage bag, which is neat. It seems heavy and works fine. For this price, I was expecting it to be made cheaper and be much less dense.

I use it for practice (I'm not a professional) and for photos of products for reviews.

I washed it and dried it when I first got it to get the wrinkles out and it frayed.
review imagereview imagereview image
on January 16, 2016
I do a thrice weekly internet broadcast and found myself in the market for a green screen. I did the DIY/bedsheet thing and got the results one might expect - I needed to constantly re-sample the chroma key setting and if I moved the camera as much as a millimeter I was either off the background or the camera saw it as a color shift. After spending a few weeks wasting entirely too much time fiddling with my OBS and camera settings, I did some research on real green screens and decided to purchase the Ravelli 10x12 offering.

BINGO. This is a real green screen. The color is right, the fabric is solid (no issues whatsoever with light bleed through) and it is B-I-G enough that it covers enough area that camera position relative to background is not insanely critical. I have my "studio" set up in a 12x14 office, this backdrop fundamentally offers coverage of almost the entire 14 foot wall. This gives me a flexibility to reduce the zoom on the camera and move around without worrying about leaving the green screen area.

I love this, I just wish I had bought it when I first got into web-casting. I cannot imagine anyone not being happy with this product.
on February 17, 2014
If the price were higher, I'd be more critical, but for the price, it's a reasonable deal. It doesn't quite measure up to the 10 x 20, but is close. The two issues I had with it are that it comes tightly folded in a bag and even if you pull it very tight on a frame using muslin clips, the wrinkles are still pretty apparent. Fortunately I have one of those big commercial steamers that you see in clothing stores, so steaming out all the wrinkles only took me about 20 to 30 minutes. I haven't used it a second time yet so not sure how bad they'll be second time around. I threw it in a larger bag that requires less folding so hopefully if it needs another go-round with the steamer, it will require less time.

Regarding the transparency; if there is a strong color close behind or under it, it will show through. I was doing kids photos in a room with pink carpet and you could clearly see a pink tint coming through from the flooring. I threw a white sheet under it and that took care of the problem.
on August 6, 2014
Its a big huge white backdrop. Depending on how you pack this, actually probably almost no matter how you pack it unless you roll it, and probably even then, it will have wrinkles when you hang it. You can get these out to some effect with a steamer.
What you're buying is a huge, cheap white fabric backdrop. If you can keep it constantly hanging you can probably de-wrinkle it somewhat and it won't be much of a problem. If you want something portable that you can pop up quickly with no wrinkles this probably wont be ideal.

Edit: I've decided to upgrade my review from 3 stars to 4 stars as a result of the companies quick response to my review. I consider good customer support to be a significant factor in any major purchase, and while you may not need it most times, that one time you do it can be very frustrating to get poor service. I'm still reserving a full 5 stars because wrinkles are still a bit of a problem with it but for the price this is still a very good buy. Particularly if you're setup allows you to mitigate wrinkles through either lighting and or depth of field
on November 4, 2015
I love this green screen, it is plenty big enough to hang and cover some of the floor as well. I read some reviews where the wrinkles seemed to be a major concern so I thought I'd just try to pull a key without ironing or steaming out the creases and folds. In fact, as it turns out, I've never ironed them out because every time I use it I can get a perfect key... which always seemed to be a problem when I used chroma-key paper. So I am very satisfied with this product and I use it quite regularly.
on February 9, 2016
Nice backdrop. As other's have stated it is not super thick but pretty good nonetheless. It will not black out a window with light coming through it if that was your intention. I personally needed it for a wide shot rather than a standard photo shoot so I asked a friend to sew pockets 2 1/2 inches wide on the top and the bottom of this backdrop. I than ran metal conduit inside of those pockets, one to hang and the other to keep the backdrop stretched.

--- Update ---
Wow! So I get a call from the company asking me why it was only a 4 start review and what they could do to make the product better. Not and email or message but an actual person took the time to call me and ask my opinion. That's just insane now a-days. This company has totally earned my respect and after explaining why they are using a thinner material (my only gripe) it makes sense to me now and I have up'd my review to 5 stars. If I need another backdrop I know where I'll be buying from :-)
on October 22, 2015
For the price, you can't beat the size and quality of this muslin. It reflects light and produces perfectly professional portraits, IF you have your lighting set up properly. Yes, it gets wrinkly, but all I had to do was throw it in my dryer on the 15 minute de-wrinkle steam cycle, remove it promptly and then hang on my stand, using 8 clamps to stretch it out. After stretching it out, there were hardly any wrinkles at all. Next, I set up my lights and as long as you have your background lighting set brighter than your subject lighting to wash out the background, any minor wrinkles won't even show up in your photos. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because the storage bag is rather small and it does create a lot or wrinkles having to fold it up that small every time you put it away. It would be nice if I didn't have to steam it in the dryer every time I wanted to set it up, but that's the price you pay for a portable studio I guess.
11 comment|Report abuse