Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Prison Break - Season One” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 61% off the $59.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Prison Break - Season One
No enhanced packaging
DVD | Box Set
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Fox's Breakout Hit of the 2005-2006 Season!
Most men would do anything to get out of Fox River Penitentiary, but Michael Scofield will do anything to get in. His brother Lincoln has been sentenced to die for a crime he did not commit, and the only way to save him is from the inside out. Armed with prison blueprints and an impossibly intricate escape plan, Michael gets himself incarcerated, and the race against time is on. Now, he'll need all of the cunning, daring, and luck he can muster along with the assistance of some of the prison's most vile and dangerous felons.
Season one of Prison Break is great television. Here's the set-up. Lincoln Burrows (Dominic Purcell) is framed and wrongfully convicted for assassinating the Vice President's brother. Lincoln's brother Michael Scofield (Wentworth Miller), who just happens to have designed Illinois' Fox River Penitentiary where Lincoln is on death row, hatches an elaborate escape plan. Michael's plan involves getting himself incarcerated in Fox River and smuggling the prison's blueprints by having them hidden in tattoos that cover his entire torso. Once inside, Michael must form alliances with a rogue's gallery of felons with their own sometimes unsavory motives. Meanwhile, on the outside, Lincoln's lawyer and one-time girlfriend Veronica Donovan (Robin Tunney), pursued by Secret Service agents, attempts to unravel the conspiracy that sent her man to the slammer.
Prison Break is anchored by tight, suspenseful writing clearly relished by the largely little-known cast. Standouts include Robert Knepper as the murderer/pedophile T-Bag, who somehow makes such a despicable character likeable. Stacey Keach of Mike Hammer fame plays the warden-with-a-heart-of-gold, who clashes with Captain Brad Bellick (Wade Williams) over whether to rehabilitate the inmates or makes their lives more miserable. Peter Stormare, famous for his skills with a wood chipper in Fargo, turns in a deliciously menacing performance as mob boss John Abruzzi, while Amaury Nolasco's winsome Fernando Sucre shares a cell and secrets with Miller's Scofield. Watching the show one gets a sense that this is the opening salvo of Wentworth Miller's career, which will doubtless include roles as assassins, detectives, super heroes, and perhaps the champion of staring contests. Midway through the season it's explained that Scofield is a genius with an heightened sensitivity to other peoples' suffering, which sums up what makes the show so great--the mind-bendingly intricate plot is a framework for moments when people make others suffer and cope with the burden of their own suffering.
The six-disc set includes 22 addictive episodes, audio commentary on selected episodes, three featurettes, and alternate and deleted scenes. As with most TV shows on DVD, the "previously on Prison Break" intros can get tiresome, but that's what the fast forward button is for. --Ryan Boudinot
Beyond Prison Break on DVD
Watch Bones on DVD
Catch up on 24 on DVD
Check out Saving Grace on DVD
Stills from Prison Break - Season One (Click for larger image)
| || || |
- 22 episodes on 6 discs
- Commentary on select episodes
- Alternate and deleted scenes
- "Making of Prison Break" featurette
- "If These Walls Could Talk: Profile of the Joliet Correctional Center" featurette
- "Beyond the Ink" tattoo featurette
- "Making a Scene" featurette from the Fox Movie Channel
- TV spots
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Unlike other teens I do not like this new age stuff its trash, there will never be another prison show like this. My mom had a crush on Wentworth then she found out he was gay years after the show ended,ah good times.
I totally think this is worth buying the story line is never dry with it's twist and turns and who can forget T-bag, Robert did such a great job playing him he is one of the best bad guys I've come to know.
- larger portions of our lives are influenced or even controlled by high-level entities or organizations who now have the means to implement their agendas
- things are almost never what they seem because hidden forces are at work
- only very few insiders completely understand and control and set the agendas for these all-controlling entities
- we should consider ourselves lucky if we can figure out the who's and the how's that change our world but we may never get to know the why's
- these hidden and mysterious 'powers that be' plot, plan and act globally
On 'Season 1' Michael Scowfield gets himself convicted so that he can be sent to prison so that he can help his brother, who is (unjustly) on death row, escape. Does it sound over-complicated? It does, because it is. While working on the escape, Michael, a control freak and a genius, interacts with a dozen inmate characters, ranging from mid-level Mafia types, to unjustly convicted, to unlucky, to mentally deranged, to truly sadistic, vicious murderers. And, there's the world outside. He has friends who help him and his brother has extremely powerful enemies - how does the President of the U.S. look like, when we think of enemies? Well... she's far from being the most powerful because there is this mysterious 'company', controlled by we don't know exactly whom attempting to implement some agenda we are not aware of (see the first paragraphs of this review for more clarifications).
This is a GREAT series, in fact my overall favorite and the Blu-ray version takes advantage of the higher screen resolution. I do not believe that there are any gee-whiz, Blu-ray specific extras on this bundle but I don't care much for extra anyway. I am just happy to watch the actually show in high definition.
We own seasons 1, 2, and 3 already and we are looking forward for the upcoming Season 4 release - sorry, there's way too much suspense for me to watch this on TV, one weekly hour at a time.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Mystery & Suspense
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Fox TV > General
- Movies & TV > TV