Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon cbsaacflaunch cbsaacflaunch cbsaacflaunch  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite The Evil Within 2 Shop now

on October 26, 2017
Nicely done. The emphasis on Viktor Frankl is well founded. And the logic and storytellings are helpfully. The affirmation part
might be personnaly helpful. What seems kind of crazy and yesterday thinking in my opinion is the attempt to copyright meaning with the word creation meaningology. So for my taste everything apart from affirmation and copyright is a very good and helpful read.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 2, 2013
Then you'll enjoy this book. I'm a raving fan of Victor Frankle's Man's Search for Meaning. It might be the most powerful secular text I've ever read. Freud proposed maximizing pleasure & minimizing pain. Adler talked about being attracted to power. Frankle believed in the importance of meaning. Alex Pattakos was Frankle's apostle & keeps this torch burning.
on May 4, 2014
Pattakos takes Frankl's work and applies it to the workplace. And the core message of Frankl comes through:we cannot control what happens to us but we can control our reaction to it. He spreads various exercises through the book to help the reader understand the meaning embedded in each and every experience. A short book and well worth the time.
on June 17, 2016
When Tony Robbins recommends a book like this one, you get it and keep it as a reference once you've read it.
on January 25, 2014
A complex subject written in a simple manner . Makes assimilation and absorption an easy process. Concepts if applied has the power to redefine your space under the sun.......I liked it and most impressed by the title of the book as well. A word we use often is that of title and little did I know a book has been written on the same words!
on July 10, 2016
Excellent guide to Frankl's understanding of cognitive theory
on May 31, 2013
I loved it! It is does follow along the lines of the "Secret" and other such books. The basic premise is change your thoughts in order to change your life. I personally feel that at some point or another in our lives we need to read a book like this and start implementing some of these ideas. Especially with the way the economy has been the past few years.
on April 8, 2014
In our society, where a broken fingernail can ruin our day, this book puts so much into perspective. Well written, easy to read (and re-read), emotive and heartbreaking and yet, very encouraging.
on December 5, 2012
This is one of the most great books about the late Dr,Victor Frank, I recommend a 100% to everyone. There's no word that can tell how great is the teachings about our life in this book. Thanks Dr.Frank for my inside transformation after I had read this book.
on May 30, 2014
Great reading for introspective exercises & motivation for changes in our lives while experiencing the storms of circumstances. If meaning and self transcendence controlled our lives, individual & collective, we would live in a better world.