Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Private Equity Operational Due Diligence, + Website: Tools to Evaluate Liquidity, Valuation, and Documentation Hardcover – Illustrated, April 10, 2012
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Inside Flap
Operational Due Diligence
Tools to Evaluate Liquidity, Valuation, and Documentation
Though not as prevalent as hedge funds, lucrative private equity and real estate funds handle billions of dollars versus hedge funds' millions. Because of the vast amount of money invested in these funds, it is imperative that investors perform operational due diligence. Written to persuade Limited Partners once and for all of the benefits of performing and maintaining a robust operational due diligence program, Private Equity Operational Due Diligence arms you with the tools to develop detailed, agile, comprehensive, and ongoing operational due diligence reviews.
Addressing the unique aspects and challenges associated with private funds, author Jason Scharfman shares his decades of experience performing due diligence on the non-investment (i.e., operational or business) risks associated with private equity and real estate funds. Beginning with a brief history of operational risk coupled with the unique aspects of operational due diligence on private equity funds, Private Equity Operational Due Diligence analyzes the approaches to valuation, legal, and financial statement risks. User-friendly flag icons throughout the text highlight key operational risk areas and deficiencies that have historically tended to signal larger problems.
In this step-by-step guide, you'll discover:
- Operational risk compared to operational due diligence
- Understanding the goals of the operational due diligence process
- Designing an operational due diligence program for private equity
- Key risk consideration areas
- Cash management and controls
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Valuation committee review scope
- Operational due diligence specialists versus generalists
- Trends in indemnification and exculpation clauses
- Fraud considerations: mortgage fraud and straw man borrowers
- Evolution of Minimum Operational Risk Regime (MORR)
- Ongoing fund monitoring techniques
- Private equity fund advisory boards
- Different types of advisory boards: Limited Partners versus Pure Advisors
- Case studies and scenarios
- Trends and future developments
- Use of third-party administrators
- Impact of Dodd-Frank on operational due diligence
A companion website includes sample checklists and templates to assist with the techniques outlined in the book, including spreadsheets for financial statement analysis and legal document analysis, as well as links to various laws and regulations.
It's time to give operational due diligence its due respect with Private Equity Operational Due Diligence.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Author of The Vigilant Investor[
[ASIN:0814417507 The Vigilant Investor: A Former SEC Enforcer Reveals How to Fraud-Proof Your Investments]]
what they were doing about operations. Scharfman outlines both how not all General Partners
have best operational practices. While only a handful of private equity funds may be frauds
investors still have to evaluate the quality of fund operations. This book outlines some key
considerations to perform due diligence on including back office trade operations, and service
providers. I also thought the guidance on valuation approaches was very helpful. A good read.