Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Private Practice: Season 4” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 70% off the $42.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Private Practice: Season 4
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
But season four takes a turn away from melodrama with a multi-episode arc in which a major character is sexually assaulted. This event is treated with considerable complexity and nuance, and gives the actress in question a great opportunity to deepen her character, an opportunity she seizes with compelling skill. The repercussions play out through the season, along with a few other story lines (Addison's imperious mother demands that Addison treat her lover's advanced cancer; Violet writes a book revealing her own experience of assault; and Pete wrestles with his brother and mother returning to ask a legally questionable favor). Private Practice continues to meld medical soap opera with a gloss on thorny social issues, but this season feels more mature, and as a result, more satisfying. --Bret Fetzer
Top Customer Reviews
1) Addison: Addie had an on and off relationship with Sam. She wants a baby but Sam doesn't. Ultimately, she'll have to choose between the two. Addie's mother, Bizzy returns this season and puts her in a position which screws with her head badly. Personally, I thought the Bizzy storyline was well written and realistic. In the finale, Addison got a new love interest in Benjamin Bratt. Season 5 will tell who'll she end up with and will she finally get her wish...a baby.
2) Charlotte and Cooper: Early on this season, Char gets assaulted and raped. This entire storyline was beautifully handled. KaDee Strickland showed her talent and proved herself with this difficult role. Cooper is with Char every step of the way, holding her hand and being a nice boyfriend. Char and Coop finally become true to each other and get married.
3) Sam: He is confused between Naomi and Addison but neither are on the same page as him. He wants to be with Addie but she grows apart and he struggles with the relationship.
4) Naomi: She realizes her responsibilities as a grandmother and inherits millions from her boyfriend William White after his death. Gabriel returns this season and gives Nae an interesting proposition. She also realizes that she ain't happy at the practice anymore and moves to DC with Gabriel and Dell's daughter, Betsey in the finale.
5) Violet: She finally gets married to Pete after some initial hesitation.Read more ›
FAVORITE ONE. I LOVE ALL THE ISSUES, DRAMAS AND ROMANTIC SCENES FROM ALL THE
DOCTORS . I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT IF YOU LIKE THIS TYPE OF THEMES.
"Private Practice - The Complete Fourth Season" features 22 episodes on five discs. Here are spoilerless summaries for each episode:
EPISODE 55 - Take Two - The aftermath after the death of Dell and how everyone must move on.
EPISODE 56 - Short Cuts - Pete and Cooper deal with a mother who is giving her autistic child her medical marijuana. Addison and Sam decide that Naomi should know about their relationship.
EPISODE 57 - Playing God - The driver who killed Dell shows up at Oceanside and has a heart attack at the center. Sam must treat the man he loathes.
EPISODE 58 - A Better Place to Be - Dell's daughter, Betsey, is given up by her mother and now the friends must decide if one of the them should take Betsey in.
EPISODE 59 - In or Out - Addison disagrees with a new oncologist in regards to a newborn who has a malignant tumor.
EPISODE 60 - All in the Family - Addison and Sam clash over a comatose patient.
EPISODE 61 - Did You Hear What Happened to Charlotte King? - Charlotte is beaten and raped but she wants to keep her rape secret. Meanwhile, because no report is made..the rapist could be let out free.
EPISODE 62 - What Happens Next - Charlotte deals with her assault but can Addison keep Charlotte's rape a secret.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was a show I really enjoyed and will like watching these episodes.Published 6 months ago by Loretta
I loved all six seasons of Private Practice and now I own them allPublished 7 months ago by tiffany youmans
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Romance
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts
- Movies & TV > TV