Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $53.70 shipping
Pro Boat Rockstar 48-inch Catamaran Gas Powered: RTR RC Boat
|Price:||$999.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Rockstar 48-inch Catamaran Gas Powered: RTR
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Powerful water-cooled Dynamite® 26cc gas engine capable of propelling the catamaran to speeds of over 40 MPH.
- To better power its behemoth size the Rockstar Catamaran comes equipped with a large-scale servo with over 270 oz.-in of torque
- Removable composite radio tray allows for easy maintenance and access to receiver and radio components
- A durable inline rudder ensures the Rockstar 48 inch catamaran will turn with precision in both directions
- Unlike most catamaran boats of this size the Rockstar 48 has a wide hull for better stability in turns and rough water
- A centrifugal clutch helps prevent the prop from spinning while the engine is at idle. This added safety measure keeps your fingers and hands safe while being handled
- The aluminum hardware has been anodized to match the Rockstar trim scheme and adds a level of durability for longevity
- The Rockstar 48 inch catamaran comes equipped with the superior Spektrum DX2E DSMR Radio System
Needed To Complete
- 87 or higher octane gasoline
- Gasoline-approved dispensing container
- LiPo battery charger
If you’re looking to make waves like a rockstar then look no further than the Rockstar 48 inch catamaran, officially licensed by Rockstar Energy. This powerful RC catamaran comes equipped with a water-cooled Dynamite® 26cc gas engine capable of ballistic speeds of over 40 miles per hour. Control of this killer Rockstar is made possible by the included Spektrum™ DX2E DSMR™ 2.4GHz radio system. Designed for optimum performance on a massive hand-laid, lightweight fiberglass hull the Rockstar 48 inch catamaran comes decorated in distinctive Rockstar Energy graphics and looks amazing on the water.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I own many other proboat models and they are very good quality boats. This being a $1000 boat I was expecting the quality to be much higher and a worry free easy operation. If you're buying this boat you gonna need a lot of experience with rc boats and know what you're doing.
Only pro I can list is the quality paint job and attention to detail when it comes to the visual aspect of the boat.
01. Canopy touching the exhaust. Burned a whole and messed up the paint on my canopy after first run.
(Can be fixed by using exhaust wrap and stainless steel ties, proboat should've done this right out the box)
02. Flex shaft removal and lubrication takes very long and lots of parts needs to be removed to get to the flex shaft (no fix and no way around this)
03. No tools included with the boat for flex shaft removal (trip to the local hardware store/expensive dynamite tools from horizon hobby)
04. Bare hatch (boat gets very hot inside and to prevent fires or hatch burning you gonna need adhesive foil tape in combination with exhaust tape)
05. No 2 cycle oil or oil gas mixing container included (need to buy separate gas can, quick 2 mix oil measure container, large measuring container to accurately measure gas)
06. Water pickup hole underneath the boat is no good (water cooling for exhaust barely picks up any water, can be fixed by resizing the whole or adding separate water pickup inlet)
07. Receiver box lid broke after 1st use (duct tape to hold it down)
08. Horribly small pins to hold receiver box lid (needle nose pliers or body clip retainers)
09. Gas cap mixer (plastic piece attached to the inside of the gas cap broke while in use the first time and I chose to not use it anymore)
10. No clear instructions on how to do after run maintenance or any instructional videos. It would be nice if horizon hobby can post some videos for how to treble shoot problems and maintenance on gas boats.
Overall it's a high maintenance boat. It's a lot of fun when you figure everything out. If you're looking for a relaxing time driving the boat and having fun this is not for you. This boat is for advanced/experienced user and do require heavy lifting, its time consuming and a lot of effort compared to ease of use.
Summary: it's not user friendly and will attract a lot of attention because it's a little louder than a gas powered weed wacker and a bit smelly depend on what quality 2 cycle oil you use.