Pro Boat Rockstar 48-inch Catamaran Gas Powered: RTR RC Boat
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- This is the Pro Boat Rockstar 48 Catamaran gas RTR boat. If you want to make waves like a rockstar, look no further than the Pro Boat Rockstar 48 inch catamaran, officially licensed by Rockstar Energy.Features: The R.O.S.S. starter system gets the Rockstar 48 inch catamaran up and running in seconds with the push of a button Removable composite radio tray allows for easy maintenance and access to receiver and radio
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare to similar items
This item Pro Boat Rockstar 48-inch Catamaran Gas Powered: RTR RC Boat
UDI001 Venom Remote Control Boat for Pools, Lakes and Outdoor Adventure - 2.4GHz High Speed Electric RC Boat- includes BONUS BATTERY Doubles Racing Time - Exclusive Red Color
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||USA Toyz||Amazon.com||USA Toyz||Before The Game||ksaleco|
|Item Dimensions||23.25 x 58 x 15.25 in||11 x 14.8 x 5.5 in||10.5 x 40.6 x 8.29 in||—||6 x 16 x 12 in||—|
|Item Weight||2.2 lbs||2.2 lbs||5 lbs||—||2 lbs||—|
Customers who bought this item also bought
This is the Pro Boat Rockstar 48 Catamaran gas RTR boat. If you want to make waves like a rockstar, look no further than the Pro Boat Rockstar 48 inch catamaran, officially licensed by Rockstar Energy.
- The R.O.S.S. starter system gets the Rockstar 48 inch catamaran up and running in seconds with the push of a button
- Removable composite radio tray allows for easy maintenance and access to receiver and radio components
- Unlike most catamaran boats of this size the Rockstar 48 has a wide hull for better stability in turns and rough water
- The Rockstar 48 inch catamaran comes equipped with the superior DX2E transmitter with R.O.S.S. starter button
- To better power its behemoth size the Rockstar Catamaran comes equipped with a large-scale servo with over 270 oz.-in of torque
- A durable inline rudder ensures the Rockstar 48 inch catamaran will turn with precision in both directions
- A centrifugal clutch helps prevent the prop from spinning while the engine is at idle. This added safety measure keeps your fingers and hands safe while being handled.
- Powerful water-cooled Dynamite 26cc gas engine capable of propelling the catamaran to speeds of over 40 MPH
This Rockstar 48 comes equipped with a water-cooled Dynamite 26cc gas engine, which is capable of going ballistic speeds of over 40 miles per hour. Designed for optimum performance on a massive hand-laid, lightweight fiberglass hull the Rockstar 48 inch catamaran comes decorated in distinctive Rockstar Energy graphics and looks amazing on the water. With the R.O.S.S. starter system, firing up and stopping the gas engine is as easy as pushing a button on the included Spektrum DX2E DSMR 2.4GHz radio system.
87 or Higher Octane Gasoline
Gasoline-approved Dispensing Container
Top customer reviews
I own many other proboat models and they are very good quality boats. This being a $1000 boat I was expecting the quality to be much higher and a worry free easy operation. If you're buying this boat you gonna need a lot of experience with rc boats and know what you're doing.
Only pro I can list is the quality paint job and attention to detail when it comes to the visual aspect of the boat.
01. Canopy touching the exhaust. Burned a whole and messed up the paint on my canopy after first run.
(Can be fixed by using exhaust wrap and stainless steel ties, proboat should've done this right out the box)
02. Flex shaft removal and lubrication takes very long and lots of parts needs to be removed to get to the flex shaft (no fix and no way around this)
03. No tools included with the boat for flex shaft removal (trip to the local hardware store/expensive dynamite tools from horizon hobby)
04. Bare hatch (boat gets very hot inside and to prevent fires or hatch burning you gonna need adhesive foil tape in combination with exhaust tape)
05. No 2 cycle oil or oil gas mixing container included (need to buy separate gas can, quick 2 mix oil measure container, large measuring container to accurately measure gas)
06. Water pickup hole underneath the boat is no good (water cooling for exhaust barely picks up any water, can be fixed by resizing the whole or adding separate water pickup inlet)
07. Receiver box lid broke after 1st use (duct tape to hold it down)
08. Horribly small pins to hold receiver box lid (needle nose pliers or body clip retainers)
09. Gas cap mixer (plastic piece attached to the inside of the gas cap broke while in use the first time and I chose to not use it anymore)
10. No clear instructions on how to do after run maintenance or any instructional videos. It would be nice if horizon hobby can post some videos for how to treble shoot problems and maintenance on gas boats.
Overall it's a high maintenance boat. It's a lot of fun when you figure everything out. If you're looking for a relaxing time driving the boat and having fun this is not for you. This boat is for advanced/experienced user and do require heavy lifting, its time consuming and a lot of effort compared to ease of use.
Summary: it's not user friendly and will attract a lot of attention because it's a little louder than a gas powered weed wacker and a bit smelly depend on what quality 2 cycle oil you use.