Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 49 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
on November 22, 2015
If I was reviewing based only on how good of a job they do protecting your ears these would get 5 stars. The problem is they break very easily and it's next to impossible to put them back together. The ear muff and headband just snap together. It doesn't take much effort at all for them to unsnap accidentally. Good luck if that happens.

I no longer have this pair. I'm looking for a replacement. It won't be a pair of these.
on December 30, 2015
I wear these in a metal finishing shop. It gets pretty loud with abrasive tumblers and grinding all about. These are OSHA approved to 30db of protection, so I can use them wherever I please in our shop.
I broke a headband quite easily, and found that a metal headband is offered for several cheaper pro ears models, but not for these, so I've got another plastic one. After about a year or so of use, the earcups and even the replacement headband have begun to deteriorate considerably on the leather parts. I will purchase replacement parts, because these are quite literally the single highest nrr rated headset I could find anywhere online offering audio playback capabilities. I only can't offer a five star rating here, because I have had these for too short a period of time in my opinion to need to be replacing so much
on November 16, 2016
5 stars for function; 1 star for durability. I liked what they did for my ears until the plastic headband broke while putting them on my head. So now they are unusable. Will phone tomorrow to see if a metal headband is available. For the money, cheap plastic is unacceptable.Pro Ears - Pro Mag Gold - Electronic Hearing Protection and Amplification - NRR 30 - Shooting Range Ear Muffs - Green
on January 24, 2013
Arrived in perfect working order; as expected. Easy setup, Nice fit, Comfortable
I haven't had these long; only a month or so; and only used a 5 times but haven't had any problems.

I was nervous about spending the money but so far they are worth it; I have a "natural" hearing loss so hearing on the Range, commands, officer, etc... is more of an issue for me that others; this is the best of both worlds....

I have not "doubled up"; used them with the foam plugs so I can't comment on that experience.

Only Negatives; the strap connecting the two ear muffs could be of better quality; I can see this wearing out and easily breaking if proper care is not maintained even when packing the range bag... I would not just toss these around.... We will see....
It can be a bit of a pain depending on the type of eyes your wear, if they don't sit tight to the head; meaning they tend to bow out; you will have a harder time removing and replacing your eyes without first taking off your ears.... Straight line thin frames work best in my experience....

Longevity seems to be the biggest issue with the Pro Mag's so if I remember down the line I'll update this review.

Delivery was as expected.
on October 5, 2014
I didn't know what I was missing at the indoor range! Sure is nice being able to hear and communicate. Now I've got to get my shooting buddies to buy a pair! Would be a 5 star but some of the louder rifles still bother me in doors. (noise) I've had no issues myself using a rifle with them on but they have bumped up against them at times. I purchased the highest noise suppression model they sell and I could still use more suppressions. Maybe 30 NRR isn't enough indoors with rifles? I don't want to wear ear plugs under the muffs because that defeats the purpose of them in the first place. Suggestions welcome?
on September 6, 2017
Works great. Very pleased.
on December 5, 2014
A lot of money for not much improvement over less costly muffs, also they do not fold up like many other brands and take up much space in a range bag
on October 26, 2015
This is a very good product except for the price. I needed something to protect my ears, and this will do the job. But as others have pointed out, the price is just crazy when compared to other products doing the same thing. If you are filty rich you will be satisfied with this product. However, if money is an issue for you, there are a lot of cheaper alternatives out there. Also I did not like the way the foam in the ear coverings kind of deteriorates, and the proprietary replacements are themselves very expensive.
on May 27, 2013
Very good hearing protection. Used during a four day shooting course at Front Sight and stood up well to the long hours, heat and dust. Only drawback was in the open desert, the Pro Ears Pro Mag Gold would pick up a lot of strong wind noise which made it difficult to hear the instructor. Muffs were comfortable and heat build up was not a problem. Muffs are larger and thicker than some of the newer models.
on June 24, 2016
Well built. Good reduction in sound. Good for indoor range , as advertised.
Best for non rifle applications, but I have no problem as some others have had.
Replacement batteries are very expensive.