Top critical review
34 people found this helpful
Laggy gameplay, terrrible AI and online flaws
on October 9, 2013
I got this game on the release date. I am a PES fan who never think to switch to FIFA at all.
I had been looking forward to play it for a long time.
I will state the conclusion fist. It is TERRIBLE!!! Don't buy it yet.
- I am a MLO fan I played it all the timee. PES2014 has a really good point system.
(Basically, if you win the one stronger than you, you will get a lot of points.)
- Nice stadium graphic design.
- Nice main menu screen
- Online game play is laggy and you will be delayed all the time (95% of 150 games I have played)
- Terrible AI especially defenders. I have to admit that I'm not good at defending.
But PES2014 the defender is too stupid, they sometimes just watch the attackers.
Sometimes when keeper punched a shot, defenders just do not move and attackers come take a second shot.
- Online flaws again, I got 3 disconnected online games in a row. I was winning all 3 games.
They just disconnected with the reason as the network is bad. So the game was cancelled out of record.
Sometimes the game just froze, I needed to quit the game to PS menu. It means I lost because I abandoned games.
- Slow formation setting. I don't know why they design the new system in formation. The cursor is really slow.
D-pad snap always goes the wrong place.
- Cannot use header!!
- Slow shot and stupid response
- Horrible referee. They are strange. Sometimes I just followed the attackers shoulder with shoulder but they gave penalty kicks to my opponent.
Sometimes, I was obstructed by opponent defenders without any fouls at all.
- Corner Kick is harder to score.
In conclusion, don't buy it yet!!!
This game made me frustrated a lot.
Konami might patch it better around November 2013 but not now.
So far, I give only 1 star.