Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 26, 2017
Smelly but effective. Okay, that's not the greatest opener, but it's true. I am not going to rate this down for smell (it's basically tires....so it's to be expected). My wife and I use our treadmill daily. I am a 100% disabled veteran and I live in Michigan. The weather outside sucks year-round. This allows me to exercise (mainly walk for hours)...and not suffer the ill effects on my newly installed flooring. It also shields the house from the stampede-like sound my wife tends to create when she runs on the treadmill. She is a lightweight woman (very attractive---off topic)...but when you run full sprint on a treadmill on an incline...it creates a lot of noise. We don't notice the noise at all since purchasing this mat! We went with the 6mil version to make sure it would be able to stand the test of time. The mat is able to handle any abuse. I recently had the idea to grab a fridge pack (baking soda) box from my baking aisle at the store. You can open up just one side of the box (it has a screen like material in it) and it will absorb some of the odors. It has done wonders for us. It's a minimal smell after about a week of airing out in the basement. I have it right next to my dining room table and it's fine for me (and I smell everything!). Enjoy!
16 people found this helpful
on November 3, 2015
A number of reviews mention an odor, oil or slickness, carpet stains or inaccurate measurements. I bought this in the 36"x78"x4mm size and the black/blue/grey speckled print. The size was exactly as advertised and the material was just what I expected of a mat made of rescued tires. I didn't bother to wipe the mat down or air it out. There was no oil or slickness to the surface though it did smell strongly of rubber initially.

The size is great for our CycleOps bike trainer, with about a half foot of extra space on the width and a foot on the length. We keep it in a well ventilated room and the rubber smell went away in just a couple of days. You'd have to press your nose right up to the mat to smell anything now. We have a hybrid bike sitting on the trainer so it isn't nearly as heavy as a treadmill but the mat has not stained our beige carpet at all. I rubbed the mat with a cleaning rag using mild pressure and it did leave a mark on the rag, however, when I moved the trainer off and peeled back the mat the carpet was perfectly fine. I've uploaded some photos so you can see both the rag and the carpet. The pressure from the trainer is enough to leave an indentation on the carpet but the carpet has no discoloration from the mat. If you have concerns about the mat staining your carpet you could always use a sheet under the mat as another reviewer suggested.

I can't really speak to how well it dampens the sound but we live in an apartment with neighbors both above and below and we've had no complaints. The apartments aren't that well insulated from sound, either, as I occasionally hear our neighbor's vacuum cleaner or music. It could be our neighbors are just tolerant to the sound of the trainer or because we bought a trainer that was supposed to be relatively quiet.
review imagereview image
23 people found this helpful
on January 15, 2018
I bought this to use under my Wahoo Kickr. The Kickr is not very noisy, but it vibrates like crazy when coasting and when performing a spin down. Searching online, the recommendation was to use a washing machine mat. This mat seems to be made out of the same material, just sized for a bicycle trainer or a treadmill. It does reduce vibrations a lot. I was worried that the mat will have a very bad chemical smell based on reading reviews. Fortunately, that’s not true. Because it is made out of recycled tires, it has a faint tire like smell, but it’s less strong than a bicycle tire. It’s also very grippy (like a good tire) and prevents the Kickr from sliding around. Note that this mat is sold under a lot of different brand names on Amazon, so search around if this goes out of stock or becomes too expensive.
4 people found this helpful
on September 19, 2016
I needed a protector mat for my work benches & found this mat. It seems like it will work well for my purpose.

It is thin but appears durable as a top mat. It isn't easy to cut but I found that a very sharp carpet blade cuts cleanly. I put it outside so the suns heat could relaxing flattening it completely. This also helped with the slight smell.

I will update how long it last overtime.
review imagereview imagereview image
5 people found this helpful
on March 7, 2015
I bought this for my new treadmill (Sole F80). I needed one of the biggest ones around as the treadmill is big. I've had it for a few days now. The mat rolled out flat and is a good size for equipment. Some people have noted a rubber smell; I've only noticed when really close to the mat (e.g., bending down to turn on/off the treadmill); I don't notice it otherwise. It seems to do a fine job as a barrier between the carpet and the equipment and it does deafen the equipment sound when I am running. As far as durability it seems more heavy-duty than a lot mats I've seen in the stores. Very happy with the purchase.
4 people found this helpful
on August 27, 2011
*Update March 2015*

I ordered the 6mm thick blue speckled version. This is a very durable mat and has held up very well for 4 years. You can see indents in the mat were the treadmill wheels sit, which is to be expected after this much time, but it’s still quite functional. My treadmill is on the second floor and on carpet. The mat has done wonders to keep the carpet from being damaged. After four years the carpet under the mat is in better shape that the carpet that was not covered. I can only imagine how much damage would have been done had this mat not been there. This mat has also helped considerably with noise and vibration. The selling point for me on this mat is that is made in America.

The mat is made of rubber so it did put off an odor when I first got it, especially when I left the door closed to the room it is in. But this disappeared altogether after a month. I think the temporary odor was a small trade off considering a foam type mat, which might not be as odorous, would not last nearly as long as this one has. Also you would need a much thicker foam mat to get the same floor protection and impact absorption as you do with a rubber one. Selling point number two for me is that this mat is made from recycled material, which few, if any, foam mats can claim.

After years of use I took off the motor cover of my tread mill to clean out the dust (my owner’s manual suggested this) but because of the mat there was very little dust to clean out. I would highly recommend this to any treadmill owner.
If you're looking for a serious treadmill mat that will last you, this is the one.
187 people found this helpful
|55 comments|Report abuse
on June 16, 2017
Stopped all static electric shocks from my treadmill. On top of a very low pile area rug which gave me a lot of static electric shocks before putting this mat on top of the rug. The mat also catches any of black shaving dust that wears off the the treadmill mat over time. Nice mat, solidly constructed.
2 people found this helpful
on March 25, 2017
2nd treadmill mat that I purchased... initially I was a little skeptical, especially the size. I was afraid it would be too narrow, but it actually works well with my ProForm Treadmills (running belt is 55 inches in length). There was no smell on arrival, the material is much thinker than the treadmill mat I purchased from ProForm in the past. It's solid and thick, a little bit heavy, but I guess this is why this can last longer than others. (I purchased the 6mm one btw)
One person found this helpful
on June 15, 2015
Exactly what I was looking for. The rubber smell I read about in other reviews was about right. I unrolled my mat outside on the porch and sprinkled baking powder all over both sides of it. I left it outside for 2 days while flipping it over in between. After the two days I brought it inside and vacuumed it off and placed it underneath my treadmill. The rubber smell was faint and after 2 days the rubber smell went away completely! The quality of the mat is great and the price was good. I am glad I read the reviews and decided to purchase this mat!!
3 people found this helpful
on January 28, 2017
I read so many reviews on these mats. The reason I decided on this one was everyone seemed to feel like there was no smell to this one. I have had this mat for months and I can still smell an odd smell to it. It's a good mat as far as thickness and getting the job done - but I'm not a fan of the odor associated with it.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.