4 Year Asurion Home Audio & Video Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Pro-Ject Primary Phono Turntable (Black)
- 8.6" lightweight aluminum tone arm for accurate playback
- Belt-drive with low-vibration synchronous motor for low operating noise
- Gold-plated RCA terminals for accurate and precise audio signal transmission
- Ortofon OM5E cartridge and dustcover included
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Affordable High Fidelity
Primary is your answer to achieving affordable high fidelity vinyl playback with minimal setup. Based on our award-winning Elemental line, Primary takes your vinyl playback to the next level without cleaning out your wallet.
Super Easy Setup
Because Primary comes pre-adjusted out of the box, installation is a breeze. Tracking force and anti-skating are carefully calibrated at the factory; no further adjustment is needed.
8.6" Low Mass Tonearm
Primary's 8.6" low mass straight tonearm is designed to deliver the audio signal from your record without gathering unwanted outside resonances that could smear or otherwise degrade your music.
Vibration Decoupling Feet
Primary comes pre-equipped with special rubber feet which are designed to prevent unwanted vibrations that originate outside of the turntable from making their way into your music.
Ortofon OM 5E MM Cartridge
Primary comes equipped with Ortofon's OM 5E moving magnet (MM) cartridge. Its elliptical shaped stylus provides balanced and distortion-free playback that is this table's perfect match.
Primary's MDF platter provides a smooth rotation for fantastic sonic performance, and is finished off with a felt mat.
Low Vibration Belt Drive
Primary's belt drive design features a low vibration synchronous motor and remote locatable DC power supply for velocity stability, less electrical interference and reduced vibration.
Pro-Ject's belt-driven Primary turntable is your answer to achieving affordable high fidelity vinyl playback with minimal setup. It comes with an included dustcover and is pre-mounted with the capable Ortofon OM 5E moving magnet cartridge. The silicone drive belt along with a low-vibration synchronous motor is powered by an onboard DC to AC generator to ensure silent motor operation. The 8.6" aluminum ton arm with sapphire bearings is terminated with a gold-plated RCA cable for accurate and precise audio signal transmission. The low resonance platter features a stainless steel spindle and a brass bushing with a low-friction Teflon layer to virtually eliminate any bearing noise. Available in matte black or white, Pro-Ject's Primary turntable take your vinyl playback to the next level without cleaning out your wallet.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I also do not like how stiff the lid is when it opens (I have been told that can be adjusted, but have yet to look into it), and that it only has three legs to sit on. So occasional, when opening it, it wants to rock because the rear leg is in the center. I do not understand the point of any of these issues, unless they're somehow related to cost cutting and this is what you run into at this price point. That aside it sounds just fine, to my ears anyway, Im no audiophile. I really like the minimalist, simple, clean look of the layout. I think for what you pay, its worth it from a quality standpoint, so I am not looking to replace it. But due to what I find to be extremely irritating design characteristics I would not buy again.
The record player I had used prior had auto return and would shut its self off when the record was done, this does neither. I do not consider these to be short comings, but rather a reflection of the price point, and features that I had grown accustomed to and didnt realize were something I wound find as convenient as I do now that I no longer have them. If you absolutely cannot afford anything else and want something that isnt a toy, this is a good place to start looking.
1. Micro Density Fiber (MDF) Board body.
2. MDF platter.
3. No sound chamber between body and platter.
4. Isolated motor.
5. precision brass platter bearing.
6. Dampening over-sized cap stand
7. Round (outside the patter) turntable belt.
8. Rack-and-pinion tonearm mount, with vibration suppression ring.
All these things is what you are paying for to keep any unwanted vibrations from being picked up by the cartridge. To give you an idea if the difference, I had a cheap Gemini TT with the same OM5e cartridge on it. When I heard this, I swore that I had a completely different cartridge. That's what an audiophile turntable (just a motor and a platter and nice tone arm) can do to improve music reproduction. The only downside is that you have to physically change the belt position on the cap stand to get 45 rpm. But I only have two 45's anyway! But definitely worth it.