STEM Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17 Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts

Showing 1-10 of 392 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 433 reviews
on June 7, 2015
After one $80 groom I decided I would learn to do it myself on our 50 pound poodle mutt. This goes right through his hair it feels just like I am brushing him. I bought the clip on combs and use a #6 for his entire body. He is a work in progress as I learn more about grooming but for now he looks okay, he is just a big lovable pet so his appearance isn't a big deal it's becoming a fun new hobby. I also like that I don't have to go as short as I would ask the groomer since it cost so much I wanted to stretch out the time between now I can do it anytime. It feels solid and of professional quality and I finished him in 20 minutes. Added a photo keep in mind this is my first ever time trying so it can only get better! (He had an IV recently that's why his leg looks I never)
review image
on October 5, 2015
I'm very impressed with how this model works. I had purchased a lower end model several months back, same brand, but not even on the same level. This unit cut my Charlie's coat like butter. He is a cocker spaniel and does not like to be groomed, however this made our grooming session go very well! Needless to say, you get what you pay for and this is well worth the money. It is extremely quiet and I had most of his body done, minus his legs, before the blade was hot. I advise all buyers to read the instructions because it is very important to oil all the necessary areas prior to use. I love the locking mechanism on the blade and the long cord. I would have been even more pleased if this had a rubberized grip, but other than that it's a great model.
on July 29, 2016
I am giving this 3 stars due to the blue ones burn up faster than others. Hit this is helpful if it helps you. I amean on multiple groomers pages on Facebook and like few people who post and my situation. It makes the blades hot fast and the whole handle. We have had about 5 other ones in the store and I am the only one who has to switch blades out more often. I have borrowed a coworkers to see how hers was and they don't get hot like mine and another company worker borrowed mine as well and was surprised. After I realized it wasnt suppose to be like that it was 2 months past thexperience more than I bought these so I can't send it back to anddis. They work great just these get hot. I don't know why and was surprised when I saw ppl on the groomers page say so as well. If you get it and have any problems it comes with a one year warranty. Hope this helps you. Other wise these work great if you deal with matted dogs make sure you get more than 1 speed! Thanks
on December 17, 2016
This is a tough review. We knew we were in for a challenge with our Golden Retrievers heavy winter coat and the tangles and knots that he gets in it. We try to comb things out as much as possible but he doesn't seem to shed fast enough to be comfortable in the summer and some of the knots he gets are impossible to comb out. He also needs to have his hair trimmed around his rear, this gets long and problematic if not kept in check. With this in mind, this clipper does the job, it just takes time and patience from both us and him. His coat is so thick and long that the going is slow. We purchased the comb set to go along with this to help with the process. These are well made clippers that will get the job done, just don't expect it be quick on some of the more difficult jobs. We also use the Andis cooling spray.
on July 28, 2014
Would have given it 5 stars except the on/off power switch seems to drop down to the lower power level on it's own. I may need to return based on that issue only, but I would get another. I have a Cocker Spaniel and a Maltese / Shih Tzu mix. The clipper performed as advertised. I have used Oster and Whal clippers ...there is no comparison. These clippers are well worth the money. They cut smoothly and allowed me to do a professional looking cut on each dog. The blades do get hot. I bought a 7.5 size as an extra clipper and did switch them back and forth. The 10 that comes with the clipper shaves very close to the skin. The 7.5 left more hair. Invest in an extra set or use plastic clipper guards. The only reaction my pets had is when the heat of the blade touch them. Check the heat frequently as you clip. They are quiet and comfortable to hold.
on October 1, 2012
I just wanted to cut my own dogs coat rather than use Petsmart anymore. My dog had so many cuts and burns I just couldnt take it anymore. The cost to groom my dog was $80 each time. I tried other local shops but could never get appointments at my convenience and their costs were over 80$... so here I am.

I read online and the Andis Ultra Edge was highly recommended. However I read they ran the coolest of all clippers and quietest.
I have to say they get real hot. As far as quiet, I think they are avg. I was going to return them but then read the reviews here and everyone seems to feel they run hot. Contradiction to the blog I read about them.
So I not returning them. They are real good... Little vibration. Light enough for me... and easy to use...

I am starting to think it was me taking too long to cut the coat. I used the oil but not the cool lube. I will be purchasing the cool lube tomorrow.

I dont know about other clippers other than ones I purchased which were a complete waste of time and money. They were simple low costs kits in real nice cases.

These clippers cut the coat and allowed me to provide a professional looking cut to my Portuguese Water Dog.
I am very proud of what I did. It was not hard just a little time approx 1 hour.

I am keeping these clippers and learned alot from the Amazon Reviews.
on March 29, 2015
LOVE these clippers. They powered through my cocker spaniel's winter coat with ease. They worked wonders on his legs and ears - even the insides. They did get HOT, even with frequent use of the blade care coolant and oil. I had purchased replacement blades and for a while it worked to switch out the blade, but eventually the clippers were so hot that we took a break. After trimming his nails and scissoring his feet, the clippers were ready to go again. His coat looks awesome, and there were no nicks or scrapes - even running without a blade guard.

Don't plan on storing them in the box they came in - it's pretty flimsy. I took the plastic inner tray that was inside the box holding the clippers and transferred it to my old clipper's box for storage/transport.

I would definitely purchase spare blades - especially if your dog has a thick coat or is matted. It's super easy to change the blades, and super quick.

Can't say enough how much better these clippers are than our old ones. I'm really happy with this purchase.
on January 18, 2012
I have a Miniature Schnauzer and a Great Pyrenees, complete opposites in terms of fur and density. The clippers worked without a hitch while I was cutting the Schnauzer and he came out looking as if he had just gone to a professional dog groomer. The Pyrenees was a different story, while the clippers worked on his fur it just seemed as if I had to do entirely too many back overs just to assure that all the hair was cut and it was even.
For the amount you pay on the clippers you should at the very least get the attachments so that you can cut different lengths but unfortunately Andis doesn't see on the same line as I do, that is truly the only flaw in the product.
They do get a little hot, but all you have to do is just spray the cooling spray as everyone else is saying on here and you can continue in a minute or two. Surprisingly, the clippers got much hotter while I was cutting the Schnauzer than when I was cutting the Pyrenees, I think though it had to do much more with the temperature outside while I was cutting them. It was midday when I cut the Schnauzer and the sun had gone down when I started on the Pyrenees.
Overall I would recommend the clippers, you just have to get used to them and definitely get the cooling spray. Also, I would get another attachment blade size, it comes with a size 10, from everything I have read the better one to get would be to get the 7FC.
on November 13, 2016
These were heavy and much more difficult to use than the Wahl clippers, and I found that they overheated within 20 minutes of use. I shaved a lab in about 25 minutes with other clippers, but grooming a shihtzu with these took over 45 minutes. The blade clogged constantly, and overheated almost immediately. I can use my Wahl clippers on the same dog at the same speed setting and run them for twice that time before the blades get too hot. The hair seems to fall away much better on the Wahl, too. It's the same size blade, so I'm not sure how the design allows that to happen, but these were a nightmare to use. Given the reviews and price tag, I was pretty surprised at how these turned out. This was a major disappointment for me. I'll stick with my cordless Wahl clippers.
on November 9, 2012
I am really pleased that I bought these clippers! I have two Husky-Shepherd-Malamute mixes, one with long/scraggly fur and one with a thick, Shepherd-like undercoat; these clippers have proved very effective on both. I like the two speeds because I really need the higher one for the undercoat, but it's not necessary for regular fur and faces (and it gets a little warmer on the higher setting, so it's nice to not need that all that time). I have used it on both of my dogs 3 times each so far and have had no problems; my boys are about 90-lbs each, pretty large, and it takes me about 45 minutes to fully shave each dog. I find that oiling the blades before, during, and after the grooming (I usually oil them 2-3 times during the grooming process) and using the Andis 12750 Cool Care Plus spray has really helped keep the blades from getting too hot. That cooling spray is a must. I touch the blades gingerly every couple minutes to see how warm they are-- usually, it's not too bad, but I don't want to risk it with my babies.

My only complaint about these clippers is that the blade they come with is too short; based on Amazon's recommendation, I purchased the Andis 64240 CeramicEdge Detachable Blade Size 7FC and am glad I did. The 7FC blade is the perfect length. I know it all adds up financially, but all together, it was just a little over one trip to the groomer for both my dogs; now I shave them twice a month, and it really helps with shedding and dander.

A couple tips:
-The first time I shaved my dogs, my husband claimed they looked "homeless" because I had been nervous about pressing the blade close to their skin, but now I've learned that you can really get close and it won't hurt and cut them. Don't be afraid to get close.
-Wash your dog first because clean fur is way easier to go through.
-Don't forget to oil before, during, and after the shaving!