Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Proform 380 CS Treadmill
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on September 29, 2010
My apartment complex has a workout room with some really nice treadmills, but I always wanted a treadmill I could use in the privacy of my own home. I am incredibly cheap so I never wanted to spend too much money on a treadmill. I saw this treadmill for 400 bucks and decided to buy it on a whim. This treadmill had more than I expected.

* Speed up to 10 mph (more than I would probably ever use)

* 10% incline

* speakers so you can plug your iPod directly in

* heart rate monitor

* folds up so you can have more space

The real bonus is that the treadmill has something that helps cushion your joints built in. I have flat feet and tend to get sore in my hips and other joints after running on the fancy treadmill in my apartment complex's workout room. I do not have that soreness in my joints after running on this treadmill and especially do not have the soreness the next day. I did not even think this feature would make a difference. This treadmill made running much more comfortable for me. I feel good afterward instead of full of aches and pains and I am finding myself looking forward to my next workout.
on July 21, 2010
When this treadmill arrived it was in very bad shape. The box was torn & taped together and the machine itself was damaged. I called customer service (on a Sunday) and they were great. They arranged to have the item picked up (the next day !)and reordered me another one immediately with a"Rush" put on it. It arrived,in perfect condition, 7 days later.
I am thoroughly enjoying this treadmill (and the fan that's part of the console)& would highly recommend it. I did have to have someone put it together and it took about 2 hours.
on September 30, 2010
Great price, collapsable, works great. The only minor drawback on the product is that the control panel is not illuminated. If you place in a dark corner etc. You will have a hard time reading the indicators.

Overall, very happy with purchase.
on September 5, 2011
I bought this so I could start "treadmilling" at home whenever I wanted, as opposed to "planking" in front of Food Network. I am very happy with it so far.

The GOOD:
It comes with some preprogrammed workouts, and you can adjust it on your own for speed, elevation, etc., even in the middle of one of the programmed workouts. It also shows you how many calories you burn as you go. It folds up and locks into place, which makes it take up less space in my living room. The fan on the console is really nice too. It makes a nice breeze without being overpowering. Overall, it's really good for TV-treadmilling, which was the reason I bought it.

The BAD:
Firstly, the description when I bought it said it was super quiet, which it isn't. It's not screaming loud, but it does generate some noise. More than I expected from the description. If you wear a headset, you won't hear it, but if you're trying to watch the TV, you'll need to hit the volume a few times for sure. I hope my neighbors like Chopped as much as I do.

Secondly, it is extremely hard to maneuver around the room to reposition it or to move it out of the way. It is far, far too heavy to lift off the ground (unless you're Superman), so once it's in the locked and upright position, you can only slide it around the floor on the metal base, which is tons of fun on carpeting. It's awkward and challenging...push left, turn left, push right, turn right... wash, rinse, repeat. On a good note, moving it around is a workout in and of itself, especially if you need to try to get it through a doorway.

Lastly, while I'm no exercise expert by far, I wouldn't recommend this for jogging/running at higher speeds (even though it goes up to 10 mph). I can do a steady clip at 5-6 mph on the (million dollar) treadmill at the office just fine. But on this one, you reach about... 4.2? 4.3? and you can feel it start to lose its mojo. It feels less sturdy, I feel like my ankles are wobbling (which gets painful), and if I push it to higher speeds than that, I feel like I'm going to punch my feet through the running surface or go flying off the back and make a woman-sized dent in the wall. It feels very wrong at higher speeds, which, again, isn't a problem I have on the office treadmill.

TL;DR:
If you want a nice, simple treadmill to use at home to burn a few calories walk/fastwalking while watch TV, this is your machine. If you're looking for high-speed running trainer for a home gym, this is definitely not your best choice.
on November 5, 2010
Awesome price! Awesome delivery! I have been using this product for almost 3 weeks and love it! There are six different programmed work outs. Everyone can find something that fits their current needs. Not to mention that you can monitor your burned calories and your heart rate. Safety features are great for when you are walking but also if younger children are around the treadmill you don't have to worry about them being able to turn the machine on.
I would recommend this product to anyone looking for inside exercse.
on September 27, 2010
My husband and I purchased this to use for training during the snowy season in New England. We've used it for less than three months and the walking board is destroyed. If we want to replace it, we have to pay, since the parts warranty is only 90 days. If you're looking for a running treadmill to use for a lot of miles, this is not for you.
on November 15, 2010
Save yourself the aggravation and spend a little extra money on a decent treadmill. i wanted something affordable and i should have just waited a little longer and paid for something a little more expensive. Took about 2 hours to put together and as mentioned in other reviews the bolts were very hard to tighten. As a result after running on it about 15 times it is a rickety mess.
on January 28, 2011
Bought the treadmill and worked with the local carrier Ontrac to get it delivered on a certain day, with just one phone call. Ontrac was great, they deliverd on Friday like I requested. The treadmill was put together in 2 hours, but the allen wrenches that came with the treadmill were small and did not allow for much leverage. I would buy a set of real allen wrenches to make this easier to put together. It is also nice that it fold up to get it out of the way.

All went well until both my boyfriend and I tried to run over 6MPH. The belt would slip for both of us and cause the runner to lose balance, you feel like you are about to fall off the treadmill. I am 5'5 and my boyfriend is 5'9 and we are normal in weight. It is strange that you can't run on the treadmill, maybe the motor isn't powerful enough. In any event, we bought the treadmill to run, not walk, so we ended up returning it, which was very easy, UPS just came and picked up the disassembled treadmill.

If you want to run, do not buy this model, opt for a gym quality machine which will end up costing you 4x more. At least you can get free shipping on the new machine!
on October 18, 2011
I ordered this treadmill and was really looking forward to trying it out. Had to pay someone to assemble it for me and at the very end, we tried it out and the walking belt started slipping. When we went to tighten the belt we discovered the plastic housing under the guard was broken on both sides. Contacted Amazon to see if they could arrange for a repair and all they could offer was for me to take it all apart and pack back up and return. Tried to explain the difficulty of doing that with something this size and they didn't get it. Offered to give me a credit for assembly. This thing weighs a ton so that would have either cost me another $100 plus pay again when the new one arrived. Finally contacted the manufacturer who is going to send a technician to repair. So, don't count on Amazon to help in all situations. Only order items that are easy to return.
on March 17, 2015
Good quality. Somewhat bulky and takes space.