Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "ProSource Multi-Grip Chin-Up/Pull-Up Bar, Heavy Du...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 49% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
ProSource Multi-Grip Chin-Up/Pull-Up Bar, Heavy Duty Doorway Trainer for Home Gym
|Price:||$16.94 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$13.05 (44%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL – 12 comfortable grips & various handles allow you to perform wide, hammer, close-grip exercises
- UPPER BODY STRENGTH - Strengthen entire upper body and abs with pull-ups, sit-ups, push-ups, dips, and leg raises
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE & INSTALL – Slip-in design fits standard doorways for quick installation. Assembly guide included.
- AT-HOME WORKOUT - Portable design makes it easy to squeeze in workouts and stay fit at home; Exercise guide included
- DURABLE STEEL - Made of high grade steel & built to last, it holds up to 300 lb and includes a limited lifetime warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Multi-Grip for Muscular Development
The ProSource Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar is a simple and efficient way to strengthen your entire upper body in the comfort of your own home. 10 cushioned foam grips and 2 PVC textured handles give you the ability to perform variations of wide, hammer, close-grip pull-ups and chin-ups. Working your upper body from multiple angles allows you to place greater emphasis on the muscles you want to improve, and recruit more muscle fibers. The multifunctional design works well for hanging leg raises and oblique crunches, or can be placed on the floor for triceps dips and push-ups.
Easy Installation for Immediate Use
Slips easily onto any standard and sturdy doorframe without damage to your walls and doors. Built to last, the heavy duty steel bar is easy to assemble and holds up to 300 pounds to suit a variety of users. After your upper body workout is complete, the portable device allows you to remove it and place against the base of any doorframe using the grips to support your feet during sit-ups and crunches. It’s mobility also allows you to store it away quickly. If desired, it can also be mounted with screws on any doorframe in your home or garage as a more permanent fixture (J brackets included).Assembly and installation instructions are included.
Affordable At-Home Convenience
The multi-grip bar provides more handles and grip options than other pull-up/chin-up bars on the market. And at 41-inches long, it provides a wider grip than smaller versions that limit your range of motion. Great for both men and women due to its versatility. It’s also super convenient for getting in a great workout at home anytime - ideal for workout programs like P90X. Strengthen your back, shoulders, arms, and abs from a variety of angles with just one affordable piece of equipment!
Consistency is key
Pull-ups are one of the most beneficial exercises, yet also one of the most difficult to master. Having a pull-up/chin-up bar at home in your line of sight is a helpful reminder to keep practicing! The more consistent you are, the quicker your strength and coordination will improve. And since no one likes to be seen at the gym struggling to reach a pull-up bar or unable to complete a reps, you can practice at home in privacy until you’re ready to impress your friends! The additional upper body strength will compliment you in other athletic endeavors as well as improve your daily functions
The Heavy Duty Easy Gym Doorway Chin-up/Pull-up Bar from ProSource provides an inexpensive way to tone and build muscles at home, without large equipment or marring your doorframe with installation screws. Designed to slip into any standard doorways the Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar can be installed anywhere you have a sturdy doorframe. But, if you have a permanent location in mind, it can also be mounted to the doorframe with the optional, included J brackets. Thanks to the multi-grip design, you will be able to develop your back, chest, shoulders, arms, and abdominal compound muscles with one simple piece of equipment. In addition to traditional pull-ups and chin-ups, the bar allows you to perform closed-wide angle and hammer grips as well as multiple leg raises and oblique curls. Built to last, the Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar is constructed of high-grade steel with ProSource Comfort Grip Foam for a secure and pain-free grip. The bar's maximum weight capacity is 300 pounds within a sturdy doorframe.
Warranty ProSource is confident our high-quality products, which is why we offer a limited lifetime warranty on all products for manufacturer defects, so you can feel confident in your purchase.
Top Customer Reviews
Anyway, this is well worth the extra ten bucks over the basic bars which lack the double bar and u-shaped extensions. The U-shaped extension in particular creates an additional pistol-grip pullup position that's considerably wider than shoulder width, and I've found this extra position to be the most comfortable for my often-iffy rotator cuff (common problem among people who do lots of presses with heavy weight in the gym). The extra-wide pistol grip position also feels like it's hitting my lats more than the usual overhand wide grip.
I briefly considered getting an elevated pullup bar that Amazon also carries for forty bucks, but upon closer reading I saw that it is plastic not nice solid steel like this one...no thanks! If ProSource would make an elevated version of this product so that I would be able to do hanging leg raises without having to keep my knees bent all the time in order to avoid scraping the floor, that would really be the bees' knees! (Hope you're reading this review, ProSource!)
It appears to be solid...the metal seems to be strong and worthy of handling chin-ups or pull-ups for years to come.
The INSIDE of my doors measure at 34"(inches) long...(doorway measurements)
The OUTSIDE of my doors measure at 38"(inches) long...(molding to molding end)!
About 2 1/2"(inches), On Each Side, Rest On The Doors Molding.
About 1"(inches), On Each Side, (on the outside), Does Not Touch The Molding.
OKAY!...Now this is what I did:
+I inserted a round 5/8th"(inch), 15"(inches) long, piece of wood into the middle long bar before assembling and tightening the screws.
I wanted to give the bar a little more support just in-case the middle bar bends...NOT THAT IT WILL...I'M JUST OVERLY CAUTIONS! lol
You can also use a 15"(inch) long piece of metal that's about 5/8th" round.
+To prevent any damage to the door-molding, I cut a 5"(inch) piece of 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" long of Air Conditioner Weather-Seal and placed them under the parts of the bar that make contact with the door-molding.
THIS WAS A GOOD PURCHASE...
I RECOMMEND PURCHASING THIS BAR!
1) Durable construction. Pretty sure it's steel. There is some plastic on it that is a little soft, but feels high quality as well.
2) Many variations of doing a pull up, even a muscle up if your ceiling is tall enough.
1) The product doesn't properly fit a 29" door opening (including door stop). It's approximately 41" wide, which only fit a single doorway in my house. lol.
2) You'll notice that the end of the bar will jam into the door jamb. On top, I suppose the U brackets are required, because if you don't use them, the head of the fasteners will dig into your walls.
3) Where the two sides of the bars meet in the middle (the assembly is essentially two halves), there isn't a fastener to secure the two sides together. Instead, they just slide into one another.
4) The instructions are utter garbage and rather confusing (only the fasteners are labeled). Just look at the picture and put it together. FYI, there are two size fasteners. Size E and size F. Two of them are for the horizontal bar across the top. All the rest are the same.