Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Firefly: The Complete Series forum

Problem with the new DTS audio track

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 11, 2011 7:31:21 AM PDT
NicoAngelus says:
Hi, I'm in the middle of rewatching the show on blu-ray, and it looks really good. But something with the audio bothers me. I noticed that some of the sounds and noises were exaggerated. I'm not talking about big sound effects but about the little noises, stage sounds like the steps of a character walking, or the rubbing of clothes, but not in a subtle way, I found it as loud as the dialogues at times.

It was most noticeable in "Out of gas", in the first flash back between Mal and Zoe for instance, or when River talks to Book and leaves.

I compared the scenes with my old dvd set and none of these noises/sound effects were present. Maybe it sounds different with a home cinema, I only use my tv's speakers. I'm guessing it's because of the new DTS track, they reworked the mix, but it really bothers me. It doesn't sound very professional, like the balance is wrong. I checked on a different tv, and on my computer, same thing.

Did anyone notice that before ?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Aug 11, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 11, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Firefly: The Complete Series
Firefly: The Complete Series by Nathan Fillion (DVD - 2014)
4.8 out of 5 stars (11,596)