Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM
asked by Hunk Golden on April 2, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
I have the same problem. I contacted Sony customer service and they were no help, however they are sending me the lastest firmware update on disc to see if that fixes anything. Have you found any resolutions yet?
Thomas M answered on May 4, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I believe you need a router, not a switch - unless your modem has a router function built in, in which case it would probably have more than one Ethernet port. Something has to act as a DHCP server and give the BDP an IP address. Switches usually just pass through the DHCP function from the router behind them. Your post is a while back- hope you figured something out by now!
J. Witkin answered on May 27, 2010

A
did the firm ware update fix the problem with your internet connection
Jeremy Wolf answered on June 29, 2011

A
I have the same model and was streaming Netflix fine with a wired connection, then played for the first time a Blu Ray disc and now the player cannot access the internet. It says the physical connection failed, so I plugged a laptop into the same cable and turned off the wi-fi and it could access the internet. I reinserted the disc thinking it must have been some feature that engaged, but no luck getting Netflix. I have previously watched DVDs, but this was the first time I ever watched a Blu Ray disc. thanks Jack
Susan answered on October 7, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product