Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Problems with digital copy

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 30, 2010, 4:51:48 AM PDT
lylone says:
Anyone had issues with getting the digital copy on their PC? I was prompted to update my Windows Media Player and it sent me to a link. But on the webpage the button to download is grayed out and it won't let me do anything else. Anyone else had issues? I am running Win7 64bit.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2010, 8:55:56 PM PDT
Watcher says:
Don't tell me there's no iTunes digital copy!?!?

Posted on Oct 2, 2010, 5:42:26 AM PDT
lylone says:
there is an itunes copy on there... i choose not to use itunes because it opens a port going into your computer. a highly used port for hacking...

Posted on Oct 2, 2010, 7:29:17 AM PDT
Rufino says:
Yes, had problem with iTunes installation. iTunes issued me a new number. Had to install it twice. First one had problem with authorization. Second time was okay. Also, you can only install/download this once. Can't download it to both iTunes and Windows Media. Most digital copies can be downloaded to both.

Posted on Oct 7, 2010, 9:52:40 PM PDT
A. Chittum says:
I bought this new from Newegg before Amazon dropped it to $20. I got an error message in iTunes that my code had already been redeemed. I visited paramount.com/digitalcopy and reported the trouble I had. They responded in under 24 hours and issued me a new code to use.

I called Sony about a similar issue when I bought one of their blu-ray combo packs and they told me there was nothing that could be done.

Chalk up a loyalty point for Paramount!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010, 1:26:58 PM PDT
I got same error message

Amazon sent me a new disc received following day. This copy downloaded fine

Posted on Nov 23, 2010, 11:49:17 AM PST
where is the code located

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011, 3:26:52 AM PST
Jazmania says:
I had the same problem and the way I got around it was to open windows explorer and browse to to the dvd drive..
In there there's a folder called "wmv". Open that folder and run "IronMan2_PC_EN"
You should then get a message saying to need to download latest drm security code and it'll connect to the MS Server and download the license.. It doesn't open a web browser to do this

Once it downloaded the license it brought up the page where you have to enter your code and details.. I entered them in there and hit next but it didn't copy the movie to my hard drive.. I had to autorun the dvd again and click the transfer option again.. I put in my code and details again but it said code was already in use but there was an option there to copy the movie to the hard drive again which I hit and it worked...

Hope this helps

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2012, 8:02:06 PM PDT
D. Cissell says:
"I had the same problem and the way I got around it was to open windows explorer and browse to to the dvd drive..
In there there's a folder called "wmv". Open that folder and run "IronMan2_PC_EN"
You should then get a message saying to need to download latest drm security code and it'll connect to the MS Server and download the license.. It doesn't open a web browser to do this"

Awesome, I just did this for Avenger digital copy I got

Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013, 10:33:02 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 7, 2013, 10:33:44 PM PST]

Posted on Sep 16, 2013, 4:37:25 AM PDT
This seems to be a common problem with the Paramount Digital Copy. I'm trying to get the Download Versions of Star Trek Into Darkness and Transformers 3: Dark Of The Moon.

First I had the Paramount "Redeem a Digital Copy" Application tell me I had to upgrade Windows Media Player when I'm already running Version 12 on Windows 7. This turned out to be a problem with DRM on Windows 7 and after hunting the Microsoft Support Website I found a page explaining how to download a Reset DRM Tool (which needs to be run as Administrator). This solved the problem with the Paramount Application asking to upgrade Windows Media Player.

When I re-ran the "Redeem a Digital Copy" Application I got a screen saying to enter my Authorisation Code from the back of the Blu-Ray Cover Insert. I did this and surprise, surprise absolutely nothing happened. The Window went blank (just the existing blue background and the Help button was displayed. I have contacted the Paramount Digital Copy Support and have not received a response as of yet. Very annoyed as I'm going on holiday in three days and wanted to take both of these films with me on my new Google Nexus 7.

COME ON PARAMOUNT GET THIS SORTED!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2014, 12:14:58 PM PDT
Eric Albert says:
I had fits with this... For everyone wondering there is an easy method to fix this...
1. Go to the Windows upgrade screen, where the button is grayed out.
2. Leave that open, but close the Disney box. Yes, this is the problem. Close that out, and make sure your Windows Media Player is closed out as well.
3. Refresh the Microsoft update screen, and bam... the button will populate.
4. Upgrade and follow the instructions from there on out.

This is the easiest fix!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Sep 30, 2010
Latest post:  May 14, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers