BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 13, 2015
I wanted to bring to everyone's attention that there is a potentially dangerous design flaw related to this grinder. Whatever internal mechanism is used to wind up the power chord has the potential to strip the insulation from it in a particular spot about 2 inches from the base. See the picture I attached. I have used this grinder regularly for about 3 years and just noticed this. I would recommend everyone checks their grinder's chord for damage and be gentle when winding it up to hopefully avoid the problem.
review image
1010 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2014
POSTSCRIPT:
I have changed this review to a single star.
Blade snapped off on one side after several months occasional use. I replaced it. The second grinder stopped working after two weeks doing morning coffee and using exactly the directions 1/2 cup of beans. It quit and is dead - absolutely nothing.
This WAS a splendid little grinder for a very low price. BUT NOT WORTH EVEN A LOW PRICE.
IT IS JUNK!
A really neat feature is that the cord winds up into the base completely which makes this grinder very compact which is nice for those of us who live in small places.
BUYER BEWARE
It's a one or two serving grinder for coffee so coffee-making capacity is limited.
The plastic dome has the on-off switch/dome guide glued in place and while it's not particularly fragile neither is it unbeakable. It requires a tiny amount of care in sliding the dome into the correct guide groove so if you're one of those folks who tends to manhandle stuff like this look elsewhere.
It's great for preparing small animal foods, which is what I use mine for mostly, and also things like peppercorns and other herbs and spices with appropriate cleaning between those items of course.
Hopefully it'll last for awhile but at this price it's almost disposable
NOTE: After buying and using two of these things BUYER BEWARE, "Disposable" has it's limits.
on June 25, 2014
I've never bought another coffee grinder, so I can't compare to any higher/lower prices... but this gets the job done. It's rather quiet and only takes about 20 seconds to grind up my flaxseed into a finer product. My only complaint is that it is difficult to clean. The lid can easily be thrown into the dishwasher, but the blades and bowl itself are annoying to clean. I take a damp cloth and wipe it out, but then you have to spin the blades to be able to wipe under where those were sitting. I know this sounds like a fairly easy process... but it gets annoying when its 5:30am and you're thinking, "Why can't I just throw this in the dishwasher?". The other neat thing about it is the cord wraps up back inside the product so you never have to deal with that making your counter unsightly. I don't know if it will roll up nicely for months or years (I've only had it a few weeks as of now), but for now its pretty nice. Overall, I would recommend.
on May 5, 2016
This little coffee grinder is just awesome!! I cannot get over how well it works for such a low price!! It's just amazing!! As the saying goes, "you get what you pay for", only this time I mean it the OPPOSITE.. because it's just way too low priced to work as well as it does!! It's also extremely easy to clean!! I don't have a clue as to WHY some reviews I read said it was hard to clean?? I just take a damp cloth and wipe it down inside and out and just rinse out the clear, plastic bubble top. It's THAT EASY!! I highly recommend this little grinder to anyone looking to buy a small grinder.
on October 8, 2017
The only reason I must now buy a replacement of the one I got from ikea 15 years ago is that I put SALT in it and it rusted. Should have just bought fine grain and left the large grain on my shelf.
It's great for all other dry herbs.

WTF, They shortenned the cord by about 6 inches. Now it's a bit difficult to shake around without yanking out the power cord :(
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2013
So far this grinder does exactly what's expected. I use it to grind my spices just before each meal. Throw a little pepper corn, grind and sprinkle. Works great. I also grind cinnamon sticks. Just today I realized those big bulky calcium pills can be growned up and added to my protein shake. Works great for that as well. My only complaint which I just found out today is somehow the ground powder makes its way into the housing. When I pulled out the retractable cord, ground spice came out with it. There was ground spice on the cord itself. How it gets in their I have no idea. The grinding container looks pretty sealed. If that is a potential problem they should have made a way to take off the bottom to clean the spice out that is trapped. So now every time I pull the cord out I am going to get spice (or whatever I ground) coming out with it. I will probably just do it over the sink so it does not get all over the place. Other than that the grinder itself works great. Sorry, not a coffee drinker. Cannot comment on how well it grinds coffee.
on January 7, 2017
I bought this to grind coffee beans a friend gifted me, and it's been great. Ground are a little uneven for coffee unless you REALLY grind it, but then it's too powdery for my french press. But I really don't mind as I'm not super into coffee.

I've also been using it to grind up things like earl grey tea leaves and dried lavender flowers for baking and it does a great job with those. Small capacity, but that's not the end of the world since it's not often I'm batch-grinding things.

It's kind of weird to clean, though...I just hold it upright under the faucet (unplugged, obviously) and try to keep the bottom dry, so hopefully I never cause any electrical failure from getting water where it shouldn't be. Who knows! Really into the retractable cord, though. Good for storage.

Overall I definitely recommend this, especially for the price, but I'm not going to pretend it's perfect-perfect. Just good enough for me!
on January 18, 2016
This is a great coffee grinder for the price. I usually pre-grind my coffee in the store when I buy it because it doesn't last long in my house, but this time the machine at the store was broken. I had to find one to order and choose this one, and I am glad I did.

It grinds very fine coffee for some of the people in my house and semi-coarse for me. I use a percolator and getting a good coarse grind is hard to do in any small grinder but this one doesn't do too bad. Every once in a while you will get some over ground beans and some whole beans in it but if you just shake the coffee the small grinds will fall out the the whole beans definitely can't hurt.

If you are looking for a simple grinder that you aren't going to be using forever, I would definitely recommend this one.

I have found that it can take up to 6 Tbsp of whole beans
on December 10, 2014
I have bought a lot of items from Amazon, this one was my first lemon. I have a K-Cup machine so it stayed in the box since I bought it in August 2014. I took it out two days ago to grind up some Death Wish Coffee. I pushed the button to grind 3 times. On the 3rd it never worked again. $5 to return a $11 grinder just not worth it. The grind of the first two was perfect but never got enough to make the first pot. So I had to go to a friend to get the grind. Oh and Death Wish Coffee ROCKS!
on March 27, 2016
There are a few unique features about this grinder that pleasantly surprised me.

First is the retractable cord, which is great in a small kitchen like mine. When I'm done with it, I pull the cord in and put it in the corner of my countertop.

Second is the removable top. To get all the coffee out, you turn it over and tap the grinder on the countertop. All the coffee falls out of the grinder into the top. Then you remove the top, and you've got all your coffee.

Third is speed. A lot of grinders have the problem that the big beans float to the top, and you've got to grind for a long time to get them to the bottom. But this grinder has an asymmetrical top that you can ACTUALLY SEE pushing the beans down towards the blades. It only takes maybe five seconds to grind all the coffee.

I would say the only downside to this compared to other coffee grinders is the size of the bean-bowl. I usually have to fill it twice with beans to make coffee for three people.

If you really care about your coffee, splurge on a Burr grinder. This isn't going to give you that perfect consistency. But then again, no bladed grinder will. For what it is, this grinder is quality.