Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,226 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,453 reviews
on September 23, 2016
I just love my new coffee grinder by Proctor Silex I got recently. We've been trying coffee from different parts of the world, and some of it comes whole bean form. Having never ground my own coffee before, I thought it was a simple matter and looked online for a grinder. What I found for some reason were hand grinders. Not knowing any better, I figured it would be fine to use one. Until it came and I used it for a while and decided it was the slowest, most mind numbing way to get a coffee buzz ever. The family sat around the table and took turns grinding and it still didn't hardly make enough to do a pot of coffee. Who knew?

So I figured it was time to upgrade, and started the search over again, but this time a bit wiser as I looked for only electric grinders. It took some looking, but eventually I found something simple and affordable, my 2 requirements other than POWER. And this is what I got, my new baby. This thing grinds beans like nobody's business and does it fast. Well, compared to the hand grinder, everything is pretty fast. But now it's not a chore getting enough done for a cup or a whole pot....heck we did the whole rest of the bag, it was so much fun. And I even ordered more coffee...you guessed it, in whole bean form. If only I'd known all of this before I started. I could have saved us some aggravation and a few bucks. The cost between the two grinders wasn't much, and surely not worth all that cranking and complaining :-) And cranky complaining.

But all's well that ends well, and this ends great. We are all happy with the newest member of the family, Mr. Smooth the coffee grinder. And he has wonderful attributes (or assets)...he's got a 10 cup capacity and stainless steel blades. Then there's his retractable cord and see thru lid. Not to mention he's capable of swinging from coffee to spices with ease. He's a hard worker too, and knows how to get the job done. And best of all, he doesn't smoke when he's taking a break! :-) You might want to try him out for yourself if you like a fresh guy who does fresh coffee.

Thanks for reading.
on April 13, 2015
I wanted to bring to everyone's attention that there is a potentially dangerous design flaw related to this grinder. Whatever internal mechanism is used to wind up the power chord has the potential to strip the insulation from it in a particular spot about 2 inches from the base. See the picture I attached. I have used this grinder regularly for about 3 years and just noticed this. I would recommend everyone checks their grinder's chord for damage and be gentle when winding it up to hopefully avoid the problem.
review image
1010 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2015
This grinder fell apart after the 2nd use. The white tab came off. It does not grind very fine and if it is not measured to the line it will not grind at all. I was very disappointed but because I only needed it for one bag of non-ground coffee I decided it was more of a hassle to send it back.
on November 17, 2016
This is just a so-so grinder. I realize burr grinders are superior so I was not expecting that sort of quality. Still, I had a blade grinder in the past which provided a much more even grind. The round design of the lid means if you need to funnel the ground coffee into a small container (reusable K-cup) it's going to go everywhere. I do like the size, storable cord, and tip-resistant flat spot on the lid. Still, I'd go back to my old grinder if I could.
on November 23, 2014
EDIT 5-7-17 - It has been 3 years since I bought this and it still works like the day I bought it. I'll never have anything else to grind coffee with. We only do it on the weekends, not even every weekend. But, when we do, everytime I get this out I think of how inexpensive it was and still works like a champ! Highly recommend this!

This thing is awesome. Never having ground my own coffee, this was an experiment. Ground coffee is SO much stronger than what you buy in the store, but OMG - if you are a coffee lover this less-than-15-dollar investment is something you should try. This makes the coffee very fine, and makes a really good cup of coffee. I could not recommend this more! Works great!
on June 15, 2017
Sigh. I guess you get what you pay for. The motors in these things have a way of dying and hobbling the grinder. Not exactly dying; the grinder still works, but it's not at all well. It whines, and the grind is uneven. I use a french press, so as long as the grind isn't too fine, I don't mind the uneven sized grounds. But my next grinder will be a different brand. This is my fourth Proctor Silex, and they've all done the same thing. This one wins the prize for earliest half-demise.
on June 25, 2014
I've never bought another coffee grinder, so I can't compare to any higher/lower prices... but this gets the job done. It's rather quiet and only takes about 20 seconds to grind up my flaxseed into a finer product. My only complaint is that it is difficult to clean. The lid can easily be thrown into the dishwasher, but the blades and bowl itself are annoying to clean. I take a damp cloth and wipe it out, but then you have to spin the blades to be able to wipe under where those were sitting. I know this sounds like a fairly easy process... but it gets annoying when its 5:30am and you're thinking, "Why can't I just throw this in the dishwasher?". The other neat thing about it is the cord wraps up back inside the product so you never have to deal with that making your counter unsightly. I don't know if it will roll up nicely for months or years (I've only had it a few weeks as of now), but for now its pretty nice. Overall, I would recommend.
on July 23, 2016
Rust after four weeks of usage
review image
on May 5, 2016
This little coffee grinder is just awesome!! I cannot get over how well it works for such a low price!! It's just amazing!! As the saying goes, "you get what you pay for", only this time I mean it the OPPOSITE.. because it's just way too low priced to work as well as it does!! It's also extremely easy to clean!! I don't have a clue as to WHY some reviews I read said it was hard to clean?? I just take a damp cloth and wipe it down inside and out and just rinse out the clear, plastic bubble top. It's THAT EASY!! I highly recommend this little grinder to anyone looking to buy a small grinder.
on September 18, 2016
Please mark this as helpful if it is.

I don't consider myself a coffee expert or anything but there are some brands that only sell whole beans. This thing worked really well for that. It also works really well for dried chillis peppers too. I only have 1 problem with this thing, it's tiny. It can ground up about 1/2 cup of coffee beans at the a time so a whole bag can take quite a while. Otherwise it's a great machine.