Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 228 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 236 reviews
on April 24, 2013
Used an electric kettle in Ireland and really loved it. It boiled the water so fast. Wasn't sure how this would work in the USA because we have 110 volt power, and Ireland has 220 volt power.

I read the reviews on this one and decided to give it a try ($20 including taxes and shipping). It fully meets my expectations. It boils the water quickly, much faster than stove top or microwave (probably not as fast as the one in Ireland though).

Some reviews commented that there was a plastic or chemical smell. The one we received has no smell whatsoever.

Some other reviews commented that it didn't pour well, and was difficult to fill with water. We have found that this pours well (no drips) and is easy to fill (the lid opens about 90 degrees and stays in place while filling).

I would recommend this one to everyone.
on December 27, 2012
I have had this item for a couple of years and absolutely love it. It boils water much quicker than my gas stove and I can leave it plugged in all day and reheat later. My mom had a stroke last spring and since then has burned several pots after putting them on the stove with water to boil for her tea. And then forgetting about them. I just bought her this pot. She loves being able to fill it in the evening as her hands are stiff and wih less control in the mornings. In the morning she pushes the button down and it quickly boils. If she forgets, it turns itself off. When she remembers again, she just pushes the button on the handle down and it heats up again. Perfect! No more worries about burning the house down.
One tip: If you have hard water be sure to drain the pot and leave it with the top open to dry out periodically. Otherwise the metal coils inside will become caked with calcium and other sediments. If this happens just soak in vinegar and it comes right off. Wash it out and it is clean as new.
on August 18, 2014
Hi. This worked well for a while until the chrome on the heating element peeled off. Now it's bare steel. To the uninspired chaps out there reading this, that means when it gets wet it rusts. Well this device is intended to be used with water I'm pretty sure, so we now have a discord between intended use and end results. See, the rust flakes off and ends up in my tea, and then in my stomach, where it will probably stay until the universe implodes. I guess this is good because I no longer need to take an iron supplement, and my tea tastes like the barrel of a BMG .50 cal, and that's pretty cool. BTW, I called the jokers over there at Proctor Silex but their complaint department was closed due to the awe-inspiring number of calls coming in. Two stars for this because it does indeed turn regular water into boiling water.
on December 2, 2014
This is a pretty good product...I ordered two of them... that must mean I think that they are WOWSOME. They really do heat water rapidly. That is not a joke!
If you aren't privy to a stovetop, microwave..or other heating source-this product is the perfect answer for your needs.

My family think it could be a bit faster with "heating" the H2O, but they are very ANXIOUS folks...they are referred to as the "MICROWAVE GENERATION"..because they want EVERYTHING SUPER FAST! LOL

This electric kettle comes very close to getting you FAST results and can be comparable to a microwave or stove top...when you're in a bind.

Additionally, it turns it self off when the water has reached a full boil. I like this SAFETY measure! ;-D
on July 12, 2015
Sorry if this seems crabby, but we returned this right after opening the lid. Although the Amazon details say "Heating element concealed," I assure you the heating element is NOT concealed. Open the lid, look down, and there is a steel coil in all its glory, waiting for you to pour water right on top of it. The Cuisinart or Melitta brands are more expensive but don't ask you to pour water on an exposed coil.
on February 23, 2015
I love this kettle, it was definitely worth the price!

I was unsure about it at first due to some of the one star reviews I read on it beforehand, but I am glad I took a chance. I've had it for about a few months now, use it almost daily (at least twice per day), and have yet to have any problems with it. It works perfectly. I haven't had any issues with spilling while trying to pour as some mentioned, and it heats very fast.

For those who have said that that auto shut off doesn't work, this is not true. It is just that the water heats so quickly that you think it is finished and the kettle should shut off, but actually the kettle waits until the water goes into a rolling boil before its clicks off (around 5 minutes total), making sure the water is nice and hot, not just partially heated. And for those who says it had a plastic smell, and taste to the water, I haven't had this issue either. Once I boiled water and discarded it the initial 3 times as the manual instructs you to do on first time issue, both the kettle and water are fine.
on January 12, 2013
Unlike previous reviewers, I haven't had any problems pouring from this thing. Sure if you turn the kettle to be completely perpendicular to the ground when it is full, you'll get some spillage, but if you're not trying to fill a cup in half a second it's really not an issue. I've had this kettle for a few weeks, and haven't seen any rust on the heating coil as has been reported on other similarly priced units. I like the reasonable volume, quick boil time, and rugged construction of the main functional components.

I should note that while it works well, the materials and design of this unit clearly distinguish it as the lower-end of Hamilton Beach (parent company of Proctor Silex) kettles. The plastic feels cheap, and you have to wonder why they made the unit so visually top heavy. However, if you're looking for a functional, inexpensive kettle like I was, you probably don't care about all that. It's a great bet for the price point.
on February 23, 2013
The good: Quck to boil. No metallic aftertaste. Good for several cups. Stays clean. Looks good. Safe.
The not so good: Really only complaint is need to remember to push the top down securely to activate automatic shut off switch when water boils.
Would I buy it again: Yes. Great device.
on January 21, 2014
So, I purchased this admittedly in a hurry to replace my previous electric kettle (sorry, I cannot recall the manufacturer since I had owned it for more than 6 years - that's how good it was), my son and I are both heavy tea drinkers, so the tea kettle gets a regular, vigorous workout at my house. Well, I have only owned this one for two months and I already hate it, here's why:

First, and foremost, the design of the lid causes hot water to leak out of the sides of the lid when upending the tea kettle to pour the boiled water. This occurs even if the kettle is only filled to the Maximum Fill line. So, if you have a narrow opening for you mug or cup, be prepared that you will have a spill around the base of the cup/mug. My workaround for this is to pour little of the water into the mug, then open the lid (as though I were filling the kettle) and pour in the rest of the boiled water. Not the safest workaround, for certain, but it is better than risking boiled water pouring over the sides of my cup.

Second, the way the handle fits into the base is not smooth. The raised knob which fits into the base of the handle and contains the wiring to heat the kettle does not always go in smoothly when lifting and replacing the kettle. Sometimes, it seems as though it gets jammed into the handle, then I have to yank the kettle off and replace. Not a huge hassle, but a regular-enough occurrence that I can safely conclude it is not user error.

Bottomline, this kettle was purchased to replace my older kettle which after more than 6 years, three homes and daily use, finally gave up and started leaking when you boiled water.

Unfortunately, it seems as though the Proctor Silex kettle is destined for the trash heap in short order.
on January 7, 2015
Upon opening this kettle, I was surprised at the height of the box. It is tall! The handle is large, great if you have larger hands, less so if you have average or small hands. It is sleek and very nice. It feels sturdy and arrived free of damage. Water heats in just a few minutes.

The pour spout has a hard angle, which makes it harder to control a pour over a rounded pour spout. The on/off switch also releases steam. Ultimately, I am returning the kettle because it leaks drastically when it pours, mostly around the edges of the lid. Perhaps I received a defective item; however, I don't want to be worried about dumping boiling water all over myself when pouring into something like a tea pot or french press, which is what happened the first time I used this. My old Toastmaster kettle lasted me over six years before the automatic shut-off failed, and I never once dumped hot water on myself or had it pour around the edges of the lid.

Thank you Amazon for making returns easy!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.