Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on February 22, 2015
I don't write many reviews, but I read a lot of them. This is the largest online purchase I have ever made. Reading the reviews of this set with the 10-inch mattress convinced me to buy the 12-inch set, which I read extensively since there was only one review here at the time of my purchase. One of my friends bought the Prodigy with cooling gel foam mattresses at Sleepy's and spent $5000. This looked like a much better deal.
Before:
We had a 13 yr old queen size memory foam mattress that had served us well, but was broken down to intolerable. I was only able to sleep 2 hours a night before tossing and turning for 30 minutes before giving up and getting up. I was exhausted and desperate for sleep. We knew we wanted an adjustable split king bed.
So I ordered this one and eagerly anticipated its arrival.
We have had the bed now for almost a month. I ordered on January 6th and it didn't arrive until January 27th. Apparently, the manufacturer got behind in production. The mattresses arrived before the bases. The bases arrived on a pallet and the delivery driver rolled them up our driveway on a pallet jack to our garage. Each base weighs about 150lbs. My husband and 19yr old son brought them into the garage where we removed them from the boxes, then carried each base upstairs to our bedroom. They are heavy and awkward but they managed just fine. It would have been much more difficult to maneuver if they had been carried upstairs in the boxes.
Once we got them upstairs, I set to getting them ready. Lay them with the machinery side up. The controller boxes take two 9-volt batteries which are included. I found the owners manual online and I thought we had to supply the 9-volt batteries because the manual mentions the batteries for the remotes are included, but does not say the 9-volt are included. There are two sets of legs included. We used the shorter of the two and we elected not to use the wheels. Everything went together easily and we turned the bases over and put the bedframe together around them. We have hardwood floors and used gym mat padding under the legs to reduce noise and vibration against the floor. HIghly recommend doing this if you also have flooring without carpet.
But how comfortable is it?!
It is AMAZING! We put our beds into the zero gravity position the first night and every night since. We both slept through the night without waking up at all until morning. Even in the zero gravity position, it is easy to sleep on your side. We both start out sleeping on our backs and turn to our sides at some point during the night. It is no problem at all. The mattresses are incredibly comfortable and supportive. The motors for adjusting the bases are not silent, but also not incredibly noisy. Perhaps the sound would be reduced on carpet. Now that we have the adjustable beds neither my husband nor I can stand to lay flat and wondered how we did it for so many years.
The difference between sleeping flat and in zero gravity is unbelievable. It has reduced my husband's snoring considerably.
I highly recommend this bed set. I have had all my friends try it out because we were so excited about it. They were all amazed and we are too. We have never experienced such a great night's sleep as we have with this bed.
Bottom LIne: Great deal, great bed, great customer service.
22 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2015
THE BEST, we just had our first full night sleeping on the bed and the adjustable base, my wife and I are VERY HAPPY with this purchase. We shopped around for a fully functional adjustable base with a gel memory foam mattress, we looked at the national name brand options and tried them out at our local bedding stores, but they wanted over $8,000-$11,000 for a split king mattress with the top of the line adjustable base. So I decided to see what I could find on Amazon, I found two systems that where comparable to the system we found in the store, then I started doing more research I decided this system, yes it was a little more money than the other systems online, but overall I think it is THE BEST VALUE and here is why.
The key factors made me pick this bed are:
#1 The mattress is made in the USA, NOT in China, the quality and safety of the material (Gel Foam) is very important, especially when you are going to be spending over half your life in a bed. After unpacking and allowing 24 hours for it to expand and "rest" the mattress had zero odor.
The base construction, they have the thickest layer of gel foam compared to the other 12" mattresses.
#2 The Prodigy Leggett & Platt adjustable base, this is their top of the line base with all the bells and whistles, you can even connect and adjust it using your smart phone or tablet. It has a sleep timer that will return you to a sleeping position if you fall asleep in an upright position. I also has wake up feature that will raise your head or turn on the massage feature to wake you. you have 4 preset settings, plus head, feet and wave massage.
#3 Customer service before during and after the sale. Before I made my decision, I called both companies to ask questions about their systems. Both companies replied, however this company had THE BEST response time to my request for more information about their system. Thanks to both Jason and Emma, Jason was very professional and called me back right away, he answered every question honestly and was very helpful explaining the details regarding their mattress, adjustable base and warranty.
#4 Warranty they offer a 20 year warranty on the mattress.

I purchased a king bed frame from Ikea (Hermnes/Skorva) $239 (you don't need the $10 middle beam) with headboard and foot board, the two adjustable bases fit perfectly and eliminate the need for the metal retainer bar at the foot of the bed for the mattress. I will post a picture of this setup.
11 comment| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2016
This bed is amazing! It has everything! Lights under bed for nighttime if needed for getting up! Two remotes so you have your own for your side!
I can now go too sleep on a bed! Haven't been on a bed for five years! I have been sleeping on a recliner! No more!!! If I can sleep on this bed! Anyone can! Thank you Prodigy people!
on April 19, 2016
I'm glad we got this split king bed set including mattresses.
it limited mu Husbands snoring, and we sleep just great in this bed
on February 19, 2017
My wife and I absolutely love this adjustable bed. We had gone to a Sleep Number store and tried their adjustable beds but just couldn't get past the price. After lots of research it came down to Prodigy and the Reverie adjustable frames. Both had lots going for them, but the main features where mostly the same. What sold me on Prodigy in the end was the wall hugging feature. This is truly a wonderful function as you are still within easy reach of your nightstand even with the head almost all the way up.

I'm not a huge fan of the massage function as I think it is a little too loud, but that would be the only negative I have.

Beyond the frame, the company this was purchased through (GelFoambed) were simply incredible. There were delivery issues and Emma was amazing. She responded to my inquiries immediately and got everything squared away. Top notch company and I can't say enough about their customer support.
on May 3, 2016
This is the most expensive purchase I have ever made online and I am SO satisfied with the purchase! Came on time and went together with ease. An in-store purchase would have cost double what I paid. The motor is quiet and the mattress is very comfortable. Great buy!!
on June 15, 2016
I kept my fingers crossed buying a bed online. Four stars only because the mattress is too soft for me, my husband is happy but I'll be replacing my mattress. Customer service was very accommodating and the delivery/set up,was,great.
on October 30, 2016
Best purchase we've every made. Great sleep. And a much better price than the 10,000 price tag the big Mattress Store had.
on May 21, 2017
So far we LOVE this bed. We researched for a weekend online and decided to take the plunge with this Prodigy 2.0. My husband and friend carried it in the house. Then DH set it up within an hour. Like another review I read, I had one night to get used to the memory foam mattress, as I've always had spring mattresses. But now I don't want to get out of bed and I sleep sounder than I have in months! It operates quietly. Super easy to make the bed by simply raising both the head and foot part, put on the twin XL sheets I ordered for it and press the flat button and the bottom sheets are on. I ordered a king size bed frame that fits around it perfectly and just didn't use the slats. I have long legs so when the head is raised all the way, I raise the foot part so my feet don't go past the bottom of the bed. Sooo comfortable!
on June 21, 2016
One word: PERFECT. Two words: THANK YOU. Seriously -- this is THE MOST COMFORTABLE BED in the world -- like floating on air. How did you guys do that? Unbelievable -- what a treat!