Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Product Leadership: How Top Product Managers Launch Awesome Products and Build Successful Teams Paperback – June 3, 2017
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
Leadership in a new craft
In today’s fast moving world good product management is quickly becoming critical to maintaining a sustainable competitive advantage. We are fascinated by the unique challenges that product leaders face - from start-ups to enterprises - and interviewed over 50 of the world's top product managers to uncover and share their insights into how launch great products and build successful product teams.
--Des Traynor, Cofounder and Chief Strategy Officer, Intercom
"Richard, Nate, and Martin deliver impactful lessons in customer-driven product management practices in Product Leadership. They have collectively walked the walk in applying human-centric design principles time and time again in the wild, which is evident in their message and many useful real-world examples. As a technology leader across dozens of client-facing NASDAQ applications, I am challenged every day to drive product innovation at scale while maintaining stability. The approaches in Product Leadership, backed by real, relatable experiences, make this an indispensable reference to deliver and evolve great products for our hundreds of thousands of users!"
--Heather Abbott, SVP Corporate Solutions, NASDAQ
"Designers, engineers, and product managers who've been looking to take the leap into leadership--look no further. Product Leadership distills the history and future of the eld alongside the insights of its luminaries and experts, and presents an invaluable guide for leveling up your skills and execution."
--Ryan Freitas, Design Director, Facebook
About the Author
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
* The book provides an excellent broad overview of a number of product management concepts - a great 30,000 ft view for product leaders
* They cover some key principles of product leadership that are rarely covered in other product books and forums like: hiring, team-building, career pathways, and other leadership concepts.
* The ideas in the book are well-supported by experienced practitioners and there are a number of references to people worth following and books worth reading.
* Because the book ties everything back to being customer-centric, it's a good reminder (even if you're an experienced product builder) to research everything and always let the customer voice win.
* The intense focus on tying everything you do in product back to three key variables: usability, feasibility, and sellability (value) was a good reminder for me.
* The three chapters on how product management differs within different contexts (startup, growth, and enterprise orgs) were extremely valuable.
* There were so many interviews that went into the book - it would be nice to have a larger view into those conversations. Publishing raw interview transcripts, for example, would be amazing.
* Many of the people who were interviewed have amazing stories to tell, and it would be nice to have a more visibility into those stories.
* The partner ecology chapter was missing a piece for me - I was hoping that it would dive more into things like business development style partnerships, integrations, and other ways for businesses to work together to go-to-market with experiences they couldn't otherwise deliver alone.
Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone in product management or in any type of leadership role in a product-driven organization. While none of the concepts were new to me, it was a healthy reminder of the tools we use to build customer-centric products.
This book give the ready a nice solid foundation for covering the topic of product development.
Most recent customer reviews
This book is packed with lots of great insights from the authors and...Read more