- Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Product Training for the Technical Expert: The Art of Developing and Delivering Hands-On Learning (Wiley - IEEE) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Special offers and product promotions
From the Back Cover
An expert guide to developing and delivering technical product training programs
While there are many books on talent development, leadership training, and internal training program development, there are precious few offering subject matter experts (SME’s) guidance on training others to get the most out of their products. Written by a training expert with many years of experience working at top technology companies, Product Training for the Technical Expert fills that yawning gap in the training literature by providing technical experts with a comprehensive handbook on becoming effective product training instructors.
When new technology is rapidly transformed into products for popular consumption, technical experts, such as engineers, and other subject matter experts, are the ones tasked with instructing the public on their use. Unfortunately, most them have little or no prior experience or training in adult education and don’t have a clue about how to transfer their knowledge to others. In this book, author Daniel W. Bixby draws upon his vast experience developing and delivering training programs at Honeywell, Delphax, Telex, Bosch, and TE Connectivity, among other technology companies, to arm SMEs with the knowledge and skills they need to add “Product Training Specialist” to their resumes.
- Addresses an area of training too often overlooked and ignored in the professional literature
- Equips SMEs with the tools they need to become effective product instructors
- Covers both the educational and business aspects of product training for SMEs
- Packed with tables, illustrations, problem-and-solution sets, tutorials, enlightening real-world examples, worksheets, and group or self-study questions
- Features a companion website with worksheets and other valuable tools: www.wiley.com/go/bixbycert
- A must-have professional development resource for students and experienced technical experts alike
Product Training for the Technical Expert is an ideal guide forengineers, product managers, product marketing managers, and technical instructors looking to expand their repertoires and hone their skills. It also makes an excellent course text for graduate-level engineering programs.
About the Author
Daniel W. Bixby is a Training Director, in the USA. A training professional with a Masters Degree in Education, he has worked for a range of technology companies including Honeywell, Telex Communications, and Bosch Communications and has served as a chapter president of the Association for Talent Development. He specializes in creating training programs that improve the success of very complicated products. Working with engineers and product managers, he developed various courses, building the objectives and curricula from scratch. He has traveled around the world helping engineers and other technical experts become effective product instructors.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|