From the Back Cover
You'll see how the 2.0 version contains many new built-in security functions, such as Membership and Role Manager, and you'll learn how you can extend or modify various features. As you work through this book, you'll gain a solid understanding of the many security features in ASP.NET 2.0.
What you will learn from this book
- The securityÂ professing that is performed for each HTTP request
- What ASP.NET trust levels are and how they work to provide secure environments
- The new options for locking down and protecting configuration sections
- New security features for forms authentication and session state
- Ways to write your own custom provider-based features
- How to extend Membership with password histories and custom password encryption
- How to use Active Directory with the new Membership and Role Manager features
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced developers who are looking to master the new security features of ASP.NET 2.0, as well as more advanced techniques for extending ASP.NET 2.0 security.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet theÂ real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.