Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 6, 2013
You have a cool camera that can do so much, so why not get the appropriate accessories for shooting all at once? That's what I figured. Most people seem not to bother with filters, but you'd be amazed at the difference when you use them under certain conditions or for effects. True, you may need to take the time to learn about them and then actually use them for "serious" shooting. The beauty of a camera like the Canon SX500 is you can use it like a really good point-and-shoot for all those snaps when you're on the move or with a group, but then you can customize your photos as with a fancy SLR when you're in a more professional mode. Finally, try pricing the items in this kit separately and you'll see it really is a great deal.
on August 1, 2014
The item arrived promptly, every thing as described. But the most outstanding feature was the customer support of Goja.
First you need to learn from my mistake, the adapter snaps perfectly on my sx510 HS, then you can screw on any 52mm accessory (the hood, any of the filters, etc) at one instant I over tightened the hood to the adapter and couldn't unscrew if (even though both are made of hard material but still I didn't want to try excessive force so I won't break either -yeah I think I might be that strong!:)
So I thought I'll get another adapter ring for the filters and keep the one attached to the hood where it currently is, but since I couldn't find the stand alone ring to purchase, I emailed Goja with the situation asking to buy the ring alone. Within a few hours I got a reply from the customer service rep saying he already made arrangements to send me an extra ring!! Next day I got the shipment notification and tracking number! Chapeaux!
The lesson is, don't tighten the screwing parts more than you should! After all they are supposed to come on and off. But if you do, contact the company and they will help you!!
Bottom line: good product for what it's worth and excellent customer care.
on November 26, 2014
I have the SX510, and this is a great little addition to it. It's worth the price for the circular polarizing filter alone, and the little case that comes with the kit to store the filters in allows you to do so without fear of man-handling them unintentionally. If you've never used a polarizing filter before, what it will allow you to do is take naturescape shots in which the clouds stand out and the sky is bluer than blue. Kind of like how things look when you have your sunglasses on -- well, the clouds, anyway. And you also get a plain UV filter that you can leave on all the time otherwise, in order to have a protective barrier for your camera's lens.
Some of the reviews here complain of cross-threading when putting the adapter on. Because of that, I was extra careful and had no issues. Just be slow, and don't force anything. If it doesn't feel like it's going on right, then it probably isn't. So just back it off and start over.
on July 16, 2014
I am quite happy with my order of filters & accessories. The filters are heavy duty & do fit nicely on the camera. The only reason I did not give a five star rating is due to the lens hood. When on the camera, it can be seen with wide angle shots. It isn't a problem otherwise & does fit well. If you are like me, I am constantly moving back & forth from close up to wide angle shots. In order to get a wide angle shot without the hood included, you must remove it. This can become a hassle. Otherwise I did recommend this product. Hopefully a new hood will be designed to work with this camera
on February 1, 2016
I ordered the 52mm kit by mistake ONLY because it was the wrong size. But that doesn't take away the fact that the KIWI adapter rings of both the 52mm an 58mm sizes are made of METAL (and at the size 58mm that I use on 2 of my Canon cameras, and hopefully soon a third), I'm very satisfied with the product in general. The filters are for what I need them for, and I like their quality. I recommend this kit hands down.
on July 4, 2014
After I put the adapter on as well as a UV filter I discovered that the adapter ring created a circular cropping about the frame of the picture through the view finder when in wide angle. When I attempted to remove the adapter, it took with it the threaded ring from the original lens. It took some effort to remove the thread ring from the adapter and return it to the camera lens. Bottom line: does not work with the Canon SX 510 HS and may damage your OEM equipment.
on August 3, 2014
Everything fit my Canon SX-510 perfectly. Like others have mentioned, my lens came off when tightening the adapter but it popped right back on. I was able to clean the lens on the inside with the cloth so it was an advantage, especially since there was a smudge there! I don't use the filter case, it won't fit in my camera bag but it seems nice enough. I've been using the UV filter and love having my lens protected. The lens cap fits perfect. I just restrung the lens cap string from the one that came with the camera. It's not hard to do and is better than that sticky thing! IMO.
on January 23, 2016
Parts of this kit are nice, but it's not exceptional and I have a bigger problem. The adapter that you screw to the camera to then screw the lenses into has become permanently stuck to the UV filter , so I can't use the other two anymore. Since the primary reason I bought the kit was for the polarizer, I'm quite unhappy.
on July 28, 2014
This is false advertisement for the Canon Powershot sx510. I had purchased it for that Powershot model and when I received it, it did not fit. Although they include an adapter, the adapter connects to a piece of the camera and you have to force it off which could lead to obstructing the lens of the camera. I can not speak on behalf of the Powershot sx500, but with experience with the sx510 it is not a good set.
on August 1, 2013
Received all of my items very promptly and everything is as described... new!. I'm a happy customer. Based on my experience I would buy again from this seller. If you're reading this feedback and thinking about buying from this seller- go ahead and buy!

One of the reviewers mentioned about the hood vignetting the photo taken... and I can confirm that this does happen (when you use the tulip hood). This little issue doesn't bother me at all since I photoshop every photo I take... so I'm still a very happy camper!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.