- Paperback: 600 pages
- Publisher: Wrox; 1 edition (September 19, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118314085
- ISBN-13: 978-1118314081
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1.1 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 14 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,349,820 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Professional Application Lifecycle Management with Visual Studio 2012 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
Use ALM to solve real-world challenges
Focused on the latest release of Visual Studio, this edition shows you how to use the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) capabilities of Visual Studio 2012 to streamline software design, development, and testing. Divided into six main parts, this timely and authoritative title covers Team Foundation Server, stakeholder engagement, project management, architecture, software development, and testing. Whether serving as a step-by-step guide or a reference for designing software solutions, this book offers a nuts-and-bolts approach to using Microsoft's flagship development tools to solve real-world challenges throughout the application lifecycle.
Professional Application Lifecycle Management:
- Includes practical examples that demonstrate the capabilities of each of the ALM tools available in Visual Studio 2012
- Covers developing, debugging, and testing applications with tools such as Visual Studio, Microsoft Test Manager, lab management, and IntelliTrace
- Explains how to use Team Foundation Server 2012 for version control, project management, test case management, and feedback collection
- Provides pragmatic tutorials for the entire teamincluding developers, project managers, testers, architects, business managers, and external stakeholders
About the Author
Mickey Gousset is a principal consultant for Infront Consulting Group, a Microsoft ALM MVP, and coauthor of several ALM books.
Brian Keller is a principal technical evangelist for Microsoft, the coauthor of several books, and has presented at conferences all over the world.
Martin Woodward is a senior program manager for Visual Studio Team Foundation Server at Microsoft. He has coauthored several ALM books, presents on the topic at conferences around the world and is a former Visual Studio ALM MVP of the Year.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was looking for a reference that went into some detail about the use of MS Test Manager 2012. This book isn't it. It has some information, but the free stuff I found online at msdn and channel9 was far more helpful.
If you are a tester, you can probably skip this book.
We are still implementing, but this is a great starter resource, especially if you are already familiar with any form of source management.