- Paperback: 264 pages
- Publisher: Wrox; 1 edition (June 7, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119267277
- ISBN-13: 978-1119267270
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.5 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #226,638 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Professional Clojure 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"A book that makes you think, from the first chapter's dive into thoughtful code-led examples, and covers web services, testing and performance. Brings you closer to functional thinking." (MagPi, October 2016)
From the Back Cover
Professional guide to functional programming with Clojure
A modern dialect of Lisp, designed for concurrency and Java compatibility, Clojure offers the solutions many developers are seeking. Clojure's versatility and functionality are drawing more and more attention among enterprise-level developers, especially those looking to streamline their workflow with a step away from imperative programming. This book offers complete reference for the professional, with clear instruction and practical perspective on using Clojure in a real-world setting. Functional programming fundamentals are followed by Clojure-specific guidance, with insight from expert Clojure contributors. As the demand for experienced Clojure developers continues to grow, this guide provides the essential reference professionals need to get up to speed quickly.
- Explores the gap between functional and object-oriented programming, and how Clojure provides a solution for that space
- Describes the read-eval-print loop workflow used in declarative programming for fast feedback loops
- Demonstrates the use of ClojureScript in the design and development of reactive web pages
- Explains Clojure's features, performance, capabilities, and the versatile compatibility that makes it an essential language
- Covers web services, testing, the datomic database, and much more for a complete professional reference and tutorial
- Provides practical insight on real-world applications from expert programmers and Clojure contributors
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now