From the Back Cover
Your complete insiders' guide to learning DNN7
DNN7 is the result of significant transformation and capability expansion. The entire platform has migrated to C#, the user interface has undergone a drastic overhaul, and functionality has been dramatically improved with new tools and features. This book is the straight-from-the-source solution for getting up to speed, with clear instruction and key insights from DNN founder Shaun Walker and well-known contributors from the DNN team. From the move to ASP.NET 4.0, to the DNN App Store, to insider advice on the business side of software, this book is the ultimate handbook to the latest iteration of DNN.
Professional DNN7 shows you how to:
- Install DNN, manage users, and keep the DNN installation secure with expanded functionality
- Administer and host a DNN site, and install and configure modules using brand-new features
- Localize a DNN site for multiple languages, and utilize third-party commercial add-ons supported by hundreds of ISVs
- Build custom DNN modules in C# or VB, using the model of separation of database, business logic, and database layers
- Customize the look of DNN with skinning, and exploit new support for social collaboration and mobile devices
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
About the Author
About the authors and technical editors:
Shaun Walker is the original creator of DNN, the founder of DNN Corp., a Microsoft MVP since 2004, and is currently the Director & Innovation Group Lead at Arrow Consulting & Design.
Clinton Bland, Bruce Chapman, Cathal Connolly, Charles Nurse, Chris Paterra, Ashish Prasad, Nathan Rover, and Dennis Shiao each work at DNN Corp. on the DNN product.
Erik van Ballegoij, Peter Donker, Will Strohl, and technical editor Brian Dukes are each DNN MVPs, nominated by other DNN users and recognized as exceptional community leaders.
Israel Martinez, Mitchel Sellers, DNN Corp. co-founder Scott Willhite, Ralph Williams, Jr., and technical editor Sebastian Leupold are each DNN community members who contribute greatly to the DNN ecosystem.
Visit us at wrox.com where you have access to free code samples, Programmer to Programmer forums, and discussions on the latest happenings in the industry from around the world.