Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,971 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,094 reviews
on May 25, 2012
Nice set! Really good value for money. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. I just got my Canon EOS Rebel for my birthday on May 16th and this was my first accessory purchase.

Filters are nice, solid and screw on my 18-55mm kit lens perfectly. Nice carrying case for filters. Quick shipping and there was even a letter promising full satisfaction from the seller. I've added pictures to the gallery to show what exactly is in the box.

Flawless transaction. Great purchase!
review image review image review image
11 comment| 180 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2013
I am a beginner photographer and bought a couple small kits. This must be the best one I have bought so far. It comes with everything you should need as for lens accessories, and filters. The filters seems to be made well and might last a while if I keep them in the carrying case (very glad they put that in there) and be careful not to scratch them. The cap and leash work very well and fit my lens almost perfectly. The cloth is a great cloth to have as extra (all my sets have come with cloths to this is maybe my 10th), and the hood works well. The only problem is that the hood gets in some zoomed out shots. This can easily be fixed by zooming in a little bit, and then the problem is solved. For $15, you can't go wrong. Thank you Digital Goja for another great product!
on December 2, 2016
This item was on time and everything fit my dslr perfectly. The only issue is that when you have both the lens filter and the lens hood on at the same time, the lens hood will get into the photo at the lenses widest focal length (anything wider than about 28mm (note: approximately 45mm in "full frame" focal length terms due to the 1.6 crop factor on the APS-C sensor)).
I generally have never liked wide angle photography that much anyway due to the barrel distortion you get at those focal lengths so the loss of the use of the widest focal lengths is not a very big deal for me.
on May 19, 2016
You always think you don't need a protective filter until you drop a lens. I also have lens hoods on all of my lenses for extra protection. That was the one downside (and loss of a star) for the tulip hood in this kit. As many have said before it is of poor design and wasn't very "thought out" when made. Still for the low price you can't really complain too much. In the case of the dropped lens, the UV filter cracked, but the lens itself was intact. It never imaged very well in the first place, so no big loss.

I decided to do some tests using the same lens and a few different filters. Depending on your filters and subject your shooting (in terms of lighting), ghosting can be seen. They were virtually eliminated by the Hoya and B&W filters. If anything, the B&W had a slight (very slight) superiority of flare resistance making it better than the Hoya. The Goja were close to the Hoya SHMC, but a little more prone to ghosting. In Gojas' defense however, you do get what you pay for. I have since bought two sets as I gave a set to my son who is very new to photography and will be a nice addition to his D3300 beginners kit.
on October 27, 2014
I recently upgraded my 6 yr old Sony Cybershot to a newer model. I was unhappy that the new version did not have a leash for the lense cap. That is what I came to Amazon in search of. I stumbled on this accessory kit which included a side pinch lense cap which I was accustomed to), a leash and more.

I had never used filters before. the 55mm ones I ordered fit perfectly on my Sony HX300 and the hood easily screws on top of the chosen filter (also, you CAN put the lense cap on with the filter on......I am still playing with the different filters. I like the idea of the UV one just for protection (I take a LOT of photos outside during my daughters golf tournaments)....I tried on the pinkish one and immediately removed it after only a couple of test shots....Everything I had read said this was supposed to make skies & water bluer and clouds whiter etc.....all I saw was a PINK cast to everything......I will test some more, I am sure it is user error and that I need to adjust the settings on the camera when using it.

Still deciding if I like the hood or not, I had it on the camera during a very windy/rainy tournament.....I think it would have been better used on a very sunny day....and use the lense cap for the rainy days.

All in all very happy with this purchase and will look to this seller again as I add more accessories to my new camera.
on February 9, 2016
The filters and hood work well. A very economical lens protection system. I'm using the uv filter to protect the lens. Two of the three filters are glass while the purple filter looks like plastic. The hood is not a clip on type but a screw on so you cannot put the lens cap on when the hood is attached. Turns out the Canon hood is also a screw on for this size, 58mm, although the lens cao can be attached on that one. Canon original is 2x the price just for the hood vs this entire kit. Great value.
on December 13, 2016
This kit is an excellent value. The lens filters seem to be very high quality, I was a bit shocked really with how substantial they seem given the price. The case it comes with is padded well and has room for some extra stuff besides the filters. The lens cap does seem cheap compared to the Canon ones but it comes with a strap and doesn't seem flimsy so it's still a welcome addition. It's not a bad thing to have a spare cap either. I haven't used the stick-on lens strap because I don't really trust the adhesive, but it probably works fine and I might try it later. The lens hood seems durable and fits well, I just wish it had threads on the face of it for the filters. Only one of the filters is threaded on both sides so it is the only one you can combine with the hood. I believe it was the FLD filter. Overall, despite a couple things that could be improved, this is still a great deal and a good addition to anyone's camera bag.
on September 30, 2014
Bought these to protect my lenses for my canon t5i. They fit great, the build quality seems superb and the little pouch they came in was a nice touch. I haven't found a good use for the purple filter but the UV and polarized filter are nice. I also enjoy the cleaning cloth (a much have for photographers) and the little lens cap strap they give you. These have already helped keep my lenses clean on a few occasions and I only needed to clean the filter (which if I scratched I would just buy another one since they are so inexpensive).

I have one canon brand filter which I'm guessing costs 10X more than this pack of 3 filters. As far as build quality between the canon brand and these, I would say the canon has a slight advantage on build quality but this quality is so small it is negligible. I would recommend people buy these over the canon brand (or other expensive name brands) unless they need to wast their money.

I haven't really needed to use the lens shade thingy yet. Most of my lenses do rotate when I zoom in or try to focus so using that part would be a pain.
on April 13, 2016
I have used this items so many times in the past three years that it was worth the money. It has giving my pictures a nice difference and more ample control on the overall exposition. Most of the time I take pictures of nature without the filters and then go back and take it with the necessary filters on this kit. The reason is that I can work different angles of color and shade when composing on my macbook. The only thing that bothers me a little is that on the hood only this brand cap that is included works perfectly. If I use another brand cap on the hood it is difficult to have a tight fit. The pouch to carry the filters are great, easy to clean too with a damp cloth. The strap I lost it one day taking pictures of nature. But it was somehow useful. The cleaning cloth is nice too. But the filter lens in this kit are the best deal in here and for the price under $16? Good product overall.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 30, 2015
The Vivitar 52MM Professional Lens Filter Accessory Kit for Nikon is a good set or filters and accessories for the price. I bought this as part of a camera bundle that came with the Nikon D3300. You get 3 filters, storage case, a lens cap, cleaning cloth, and a tulip lens hood all for $15. The lens filter quality is nothing to write home about, but you can beat the price for what you get. I may never use the filters, but I'll get use out of the lens hood and cleaning cloth. The way I lose lens caps, I'll probably need that too. If you're looking for some inexpensive filters and a lens hood, then this is a good choice. Just make sure you get the right size for your camera.