Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 11, 2014
While Canon's EF 40mm f/2.8 is a reasonably-priced, nice, compact lens,
I was reluctant to purchase it, because that meant another set of filters.
This set is of acceptable quality and includes a hood, which Canon omitted.
Although otherwise seemingly not so nice as Canon's, the lens cap in this kit works well,
without this hood, in 52mm threads.

As others have pointed out, this kit's hood lacks female filter threads;
Canon's lens cap will NOT work with this hood installed.
That lack of threads prevents even the provided cap
from gripping securely, making it liable to falling off and being lost.
I ended up not using this hood.

Increasingly prevalent LED illumination
reduces occasions for fluorescent corrective filtration;
those not needing such a filter might better separately acquire
a 52MM Collapsible Rubber Lens Hood and
Targus' TG-52C 52mm UV and CPL Filter Combo.
on August 16, 2014
I purchased the 67MM Professional Lens Filter Accessory Kit and they are all Vivitar filters. 40 plus years ago when I was in photography Vivitar was my go to. We're talking lens also. They allowed the average consumer to be able to be into photography affordably without giving up quality. They didn't fail me then, and I have no reason to believe they will fail me now.

These kits are very well put together. It has all you need for filtering, UV, CPL, and FLD, keeping things clean, plus a lens hood. And the filters come in a sturdy case that keep the filters separated and easily accessible. A nice plus when you put them in your camera case.

One of the biggest reasons I purchased the filters is for the UV filter. Not only because of its filtering, but because the filter provides a protection for your expensive lens. I would rather break the filter than the glass inside the lens. Also another reason I needed this filter kit is because it supplies a lens hood. Of course it screws on to the filter ring, but it's a lens hood none the less. My only concern will be vignetting; not sure how the 500mm lens will react. Haven't found a need to use the FLD filter, but the CPL filter works great. Rotating the filter to achieve that look in the frame is what I remember when I started photography long ago.

Have to easily give this kit 5 stars.
2 helpful votes
on July 25, 2013
Being a complete novice with camera's and a typical American when I retired I bought a camera far beyond my intelligence factor, and no I do not read manuals I am an Engineer we know better. But I do read reviews before I buy something and after a lot of checking and weighing in the amount of money I had left after buying that camera, I chose these. Got exactly what I paid for and am very happy with the filters. Not sure about the polarizing filter but time will tell. I gave it four stars because the safety cord glue was a bit dry. All in all it is worth what I paid and everything threaded on correctly. I noted some people had problems with this.
Good buy if your not a professional just a retired old man looking to save his lens. Have fun enjoy the ride life is great when you retire.
on March 28, 2013
I wanted the UV and Polarizer for my new DSLR, the extras were gravy. The filters are just what I wanted, good quality. But the extras are really great too! The lens hood is small and easy to pack when not needed. The filter wallet is really great! It holds 6 filters completely protected and it's small and pliable enough to fit in my little back pack's small front pocket. After loosing a couple of lens caps recently I put this lens cap attachment on one. I was very happy. The elastic fits securely, but not tight. I had also purchased one of these attachments at a local camera store and the elastic is really, really tight, gets in the way. So I am quite happy with this one. The small cloth is great and easy to carry anywhere. Great little set, will be buying another for different camera soon. Great price, great set.
on March 30, 2015
I like the fact that everything in the way of must-have basic DSLR camera accessories was in one reasonably-priced bundle! I was planning to buy the Vivitar polarizing filter for my T3; but having the UV and fluorescent filters on hand will be handy. The storage case is downright handy. I probably won't use the lens hood, but it certainly seems like it would help protect the lens/filters. I'm very happy with my purchase!
2 helpful votes
on August 24, 2017
I've now purchased this product three times in three different sizes. I primarily use the UV and CPL (polarizing) filters, so the FLD is a bonus. You can't beat this deal when you consider everything else they include. The filters come in a nice soft case and are good quality. I highly recommend.
on March 10, 2016
I like the pouch that comes with. It protects well. I received 3 different filters, UV, CPL, and FLD.
I don't really use them very often because I tend to use editing program to do some changes.

Cap and tulip hood is cheap but don't mind having. I still use them on 58mm lens.
Cap is not exactly the best and it's alright.

Many pieces for a nice price!
- 3 lenses
- Pouch carrying case
- Snap-on cap
- Microfiber cleaning cloth
- Tulip hood
on July 2, 2017
I wanted the have filter and hood for a lens that I lost mine for. I have no issues with the haze filter but the hood is kind of weird but works. I will likely never use any of the other stuff but got all of it for about the cost of just a Nikon Hood or a name brand haze filter.
on May 5, 2015
I find the sun shade difficult to put on backwards when I don't need it. The lens wipe is good and love the lens cap holder. When I accidentally pulled off the cap, the "button" did not come off, but the band came off with the cap. So I know that it holds on very tightly. I was impressed with that. I love the protective filter for my lens. Since this is a new camera and I could not find it elsewhere, I thought this was great. I have not yet used the other 2 lenses. But they are safe in the pouch.
on December 26, 2013
The filters are great quality, as one would expect from a Vivitar product, the lens hood functioned perfectly for me, and the carrying case for the filters is great quality. I think it has been getting a few harsh reviews because everything is not top of the line. The fact is: You get what you pay for. In this case, I got much, much more quality than I would expect for the $15 sale price I paid.

Absolutely wonderful set of lenses, of course. A lot of people seem to have complained about the lens hood, but mine was excellent quality, even though it wasn't a top of the line name brand. It fit my camera as well as it fit the filters themselves. It is adjustable in that after it is secured, it can be rotated so that the 'petals' can be positioned. I read in a review that it was fixed and once it was screwed in, that was that.

The lens cap, which is also not name brand fits better than the original Canon lens cap that came with my camera. No joke.

I haven't done extensive photography with my filters on, but they make a huge difference in the pictures that I have taken. There is a guide that comes with the filters that explains briefly under what circumstances to use what lens, which amateurs, like myself, would find useful. I think the people that have been giving this set negative reviews have been expecting hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise without dropping mad coin.

All in all - to reiterate. I believe I got much better quality than I was expecting based on some of the reviews. It is possible that some truly have gotten defective parts, in which case, the company seems to be more than happy to replace those parts (based on what I've read). I have no personal experience with the seller having to send me replacement parts. I think if you buy this set with reasonable expectations; you won't be satisfied, you will be THRILLED!