Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on March 17, 2014
Like other reviewers, I was somewhat skeptical that this could compare with Canon speedlights. After using this flash for a week or so, it performs great, communicates.with the camera, and has plenty of range. As for the supplier, I had a problem with the wireless unit, after contacting the company, they immediately sent out a replacement unit, no questions asked. This is the type of service that all companies should provide, do not hesitate to do business with Digital Goja!
11 comment| 177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 24, 2017
Update:

Emailed support from Digital Goja, the seller. Responded quickly and told me where to look for the flash stand. It was niftily tucked away in a pocket behind the inside of the main compartment.

Uses the flash for some nighttime shooting and quite satisfied with the results. The diffuser that came with it works fairly well. The remote and flawlessly. The the flash was very easy to setup with out reading any instructions. Great product over all.

Original review:
Looks good so far have not quite tested it yet but the flash stand is missing. The package looks brand new but no flash stand. Will change review when I test it and get the flash stand. Minus two star for missing part
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 14, 2014
Bought It from seller: Digital Goja

I couldn't test it very throughly, but it arrived and worked perfectly on the few pictures i took.

I recomend the seller and after test it, i hope a could reccomend you guys this flash.

**************Edited 08-09-2015*********************************************************************

After extensive testing, i found an issue with this flash. When i use it along with my canon 70D and 50mm 1.8 II lens, several times the flash does not fire (even on manual mode) and when it does, the resulting image is over/under exposed. I tried another 50mm 1.8 II lens and it is the same. a completely miscalculation from TTL.

This does not happen with canon 24mm 2.8 STM pancake lens.

**************Edited 12-31-2015*********************************************************************

It turns out i ended up with a deffective unit, after worked out the issue with the excellent Digital Goja support staff, they sent me a new one and it is working perfectly.
on April 17, 2015
This is a just an out of the unboxing review, also some quick test.

The carrying case is as described by the seller. it has a belt loop in the back so you can carry it on you hip. the belt loop has velcro so you dont have to take off your belt to get the carrying case on you. inside the case there is a small pocket that holds a stand for your flash. On the bottom where the diffuser is stored there are 4 elastic loops. it looks like you can hold batteries there but it wont be able to close. so i dont know why those are there. Inside the box brought a manual.
The wireless flash trigger came with a transmitter, receiver, the cable for the wireless flash trigger, 1 23A battery (for the transmitter), 2 AA batteries (receiver), aux cable, and a stereo mini to 1/4" male adapter. All of these came in a box packaged in plastic bags.
All of the equipment worked great. I only had time to take some photos in and around my house. I had no issues setting up anything and adjusting the settings was simple and straight forward.
If i experience any quality issues i will be sure to update but, first impressions are really great. I love it and recommend it.
oh and the microfiber cloth is your standard microfiber cloth.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 19, 2016
Very nice flash unit. I have several Canon EX580's and got this as a gift for a friend. Works really well. ETTL works great. Very easy with the buttons to and LCD change the exposure compensation, zoom, etc. Even came with a 'Stofen like' light diffuser built into the carry case and it fits the flash head perfectly. And as a bonus this package came with a remote trigger set. A sender for the camera hot shoe, receiver for the flash. The head swivels all the way around so you can bounce flash off the back wall. Really a great deal for under $100. Not as much power as the Canon 580 but still pretty decent none the less.
on October 13, 2015
This is a great flash. I have nothing else to compare it with since I haven't used any other flashes before, but this gets the job done. I've shot a few events with this and works very well. Did a few product shots as well and photos turned out fabulous. It has a great range of motion and can bounce light in nearly any direction you would need it to. I would highly recommend this if you're looking for some serious bang-for-the-buck.

Edit: One thing I don't like is that it doesn't support 2nd curtain flash. This limits some of the creative things I wanted to try. Still a great flash and I love it, but I am limited by it.

Also, some of you might be asking, "maybe it's just the flash you bought or your camera?" I have two of these and neither of them support 2nd curtain flash. I have a Canon t4i and 7D, both of which have options for 2nd curtain flash, but when I click on it, it stays on 1st curtain.
on March 16, 2015
Shipping was strange - ordered it and it spent several days preparing to ship, a few more ready to ship, then it shipped. Shipped on a Friday, received it Monday morning, nice! This is a great flash kit. The flash works really great with my Canon T3i camera - TTL is wonderful. Change the zoom, the flash recognizes the change immediately. Also, when camera and flash are in sleep mode, pressing the shutter half way to activate the camera also activates the flash, which is really a nice feature! Only complaint is that the guy that designed the carry case should have is design license removed - the battery loops in the bottom compartment work to hold the extra batteries, but only if the diffuser is not in the case. The extra batteries do fit inside the diffuser, however. Great product and deal!
on October 17, 2014
Great flashes! They go to sleep faster than I would like and there is no setting to adjust the sleep timer that I can see. The zippers on the bottom of the case are flimsy and I have already had one come off track. The battery sleeves in the bottom of the case do not hold AA batteries, might barely hold AAA's, also you cannot close the battery/diffuser area if you have batteryies in the sleeves because the diffuser keeps it from closing, so you'll either hold your batteries (if they fit) or the diffuser. I simply just dropped the batteries down into the diffuser itself, it will hold eight AA's.

Pretty nice rig for the cheaps like me!
on December 25, 2015
Cheap and worked great with my Canon 60D I have three of these. The customer service is excellent as well. The first one had a faulty transmitter. I emailed the CEO, he put his email address in the packaging. He responded and a representative sent me out a second one plus a new transmitter free. I was so pleased with the second one I bought the third flash to simulate three point lighting on product and portrait shots when on location. If you have a canon 60D and don't want to waste money on canon's flash, get these. They work in automatic and manual.
on September 29, 2016
Great flash kit with all the essentials. I had a little trouble finding all of the parts (the flash stand and diffuser are "hidden" in the flash case, but Digital Goja support directed me to the location of the items quickly. The flash works GREAT with my Canon Rebel T3. Fast recycle intervals. Glad I made this purchase - good value for the money and fast and helpful customer service from Digital Goja.