From the Back Cover
Using an example pet store application, our expert Java developers demonstrate how to harness the latest versions of Ant and XDoclet for automated building and continuous integration. They then explain how to automate the testing process using JUnit, Cactus, and other tools, and to enhance project management and continuous integration through Maven and AntHill. Finally, they show you how to work with XP tools in the new Eclipse IDE.
Complete with real-world advice on how to implement the principles and practices of effective developers, this book delivers everything you need to harness the power of Extreme Programming in your own projects.
What you will learn from this book
- How to automate the building of J2EETM apps and components with Ant and XDoclet
- Techniques for automating Java testing using JUnit
- Procedures for automating servlet, JSP, and other J2EE testing using Cactus
- Ways to automate Swing testing with Jemmy, JFCUnit, and Abbot
- How to manage projects using Maven
- Techniques for automating continuous integration with AntHill and Cruise Control
- How to harness plugins for JUnit, Cactus, and Ant in the Eclipse IDE
- Ways to implement Extreme Programming best practices
Who this book is for
This book is for enterprise Java developers who have a general familiarity with the XP methodology and want to put leading Java XP tools to work in the development process.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.