- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: Wrox; 1 edition (October 23, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118185463
- ISBN-13: 978-1118185469
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 0.4 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 16 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #818,726 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Addresses querying, reading from, and writing to files
- Explores streams, file systems, networking, and automated unit testing
- Details how to read and write streams of data
- Zeroes-in on building TCP and HTTP servers and clients
- Reviews using datagrams, testing and debugging modules, and controlling the callback flow
- Shows how to develop real-time web applications using Connect, Express, and Socket.IO
- Walks you through connecting to MySQL, CouchDB, and MongoDB
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
About the Author
Pedro Teixeira is a prolific open-source programmer and author of many Node.js modules. He is a founding partner of The Node Firm and a senior programmer at Nodejitsu Inc., the leading Node.js platform-as-a-service provider. He is also the author of the popular Node Tuts screencasts.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Top customer reviews
He even provides a full example of how to develop a complete web app step by step, using the tools and techniques explored so you can see how it all falls into place in a real app. Great work!
Most recent customer reviews
This is a reference book; this is not a tutorial. It is an awesome reference book.