Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 80 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 86 reviews
on March 14, 2014
This review is based strictly on my own personal needs, but nevertheless affects my evaluation of this product. First of all, the Dalix portfolio is a very decent product. I would even go so far as to say that, after looking long and hard, it is a best buy. For the past several years I have purchased a number of Samsonite portfolios, which were perfect for my needs in all respects but one: the handles do not hold up. After my fourth Samsonite portfolio in two years, I finally gave up on them and decided to try the Dalix instead. The Dalix has almost all of the features of the Samsonite (and then some), yet is considerably less expensive and seems to have much better made handles than the Samsonite that--I hope--will hold up over time. I travel a lot and the items I use go through a lot of stresses and strains, especially my portfolios. So far, so good. Should this change, I will update this review. I've done enough traveling now putting this portfolio through it's paces, however, that I feel as if the Dalix is going to meet my expectations much better than the Samsonite did.

Again, the overall design of the Dalix is very similar to the Samsonite. Like the Samsonite, the Dalix allows me to carry my large tablet in one of it's internal pockets and has a good number of separate pockets for my invoices, etc. along with the all-important 3 ring binder for all of my price lists, etc as well as a slot for the paper tablet. While the Samsonite also has some large general pockets, the Dalix uses the "accordion-style" pockets for dividing your paperwork much more efficiently. In addition the Dalix has outer rings for attaching a carrying strap (included) for times when you're on a plane or have your hands full with other things. The Samsonite does not. The only area of criticism that I have so far, is that the Dalix is a bit smaller than the Samsonite. I often carry several large notebooks with me that contain Purchase Orders, etc. I could fairly easily carry those inside my Samsonite and still be able to zip the portfolio up; something I can't do with the Dalix. That has been it's primary drawback for me. Overall, I am quite pleased with the Dalix portfolio and would recommend it to others whose needs do not require a large amount of internal space.

Update: Well, The handles on the Dalix portfolio broke just like the Samsonite; it didn't even survive the school year. Oh well. It looks as if I'll be looking for another brand after all.
on February 8, 2014
The inside divided pockets work perfect for 8.5 x 11 papers, too tight for manila folders, etc in my opinion. The divided pocket area is also a perfect fit for my samsung chromebook, with room for plenty of papers and brochures. It zips up nice and easy even when filled to over 3" thick. I use the portfolio almost every day, but I am very careful with my things, so it seems it will last a good while. I don't think it would hold up for people that toss stuff in the corner or in the trunk of the car. I know people that could destroy this thing in a week. It's not the quality of a $100+ portfolio, but I didn't expect it to be for $30. I don't use shoulder straps, so I can't comment on how those might hold up. I'm thinking of ordering another to give to a friend.
on August 14, 2017
Bought this for my girlfriend. She really loves the features as well as it being of durable material.
on November 26, 2013
Bought 1 each for myself and my wife after checking what was available at office supply stores, w**Mt and prices. These were not as pricey as others and had better features. Ordered Nov 24 and received them Nov 26. Now that's quick service.
on August 23, 2016
Exactly what I was looking for
on February 22, 2017
I opened it and noticed when I opened it that the calculator is broken... really upset about this I don't feel like sending it back but this is unacceptable to say the least for the price. I'd give it no stars if I could
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2016
Haven't really used it yet but it came with the zipper bent and it with the material it doesn't appear to be made of good quality. And already I know it's not going to be able to hold a lot. If you want quality look to spend some more, it'll be worth it in the long run.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2013
If you're looking for a zip up folio with plenty of pockets and room for a pad and then some, this one does pretty well. I had to pick it up in a pinch and it served me dutifully through a few interviews and during my first few weeks on the job.

The material quality seemed a little dubious at first but it has held up just fine so far (I take it with me from car to train to work on a daily basis).
on October 28, 2016
Love it. It is not a briefcase. It is limited to what one can carry. It works for me. I don't have to carry lots of folders, thick spiral books, or large pads.
on May 12, 2013
Nice portfolio. I like that it is leather and zips completely closed. Great for someone who travels a lot. Highly Recommend