Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle

Showing 1-10 of 842 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 873 reviews
I've added pictures to show the nice fit, even using a 300mm telephoto with Wimberly head. This rain coat rocks!

You'll see various views, even using the back lifted up as I like to get close to the camera for viewing through the viewfinder. There are all of the possibilities available with this rain cover. I did not use the hands through the side access sleeves as that is too clinical unless there were buckets of rain coming down. At some point, you just have to decide for yourself and keeping the camera dry is what this rain coat does very well. The strap inside the lens sleeve seems to be in the way and I'm considering cutting it off as a nuisance.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
22 comments| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
The product does what it's supposed to do, and for a reasonable cost. Only one quibble, and since there aren't any reasonable alternatives, it's hard to fault the manufacturer: The "window" through which you look to see your camera controls is made of a vinyl, typically called Eisenglass by boaters (since the material is widely used in windows in boat canvas items). It's prone to drying out, becoming cloudy and/or scratched, cracking (especially in cold weather), and developing more or less permanent creases when folded for too long. So my advice is to make sure the item is folded/stored in such a way that the window is as flat as possible, and keep it from drying out as much as possible. (Relatively inexpensive commercial products for this, including polishes and cleaners, are available from many boating supply stores.)

UPDATE: As I starting using this, and as I believe one reviewer noted, the end of one of the cords used to secure the device around the arms or the camera lens untied, and the round metal retaining ball on the end fell off. It was a relatively simple fix, but somewhat annoying nonetheless.
44 comments| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
When I first got this cover I thought it was going to be a bit unweildly. Turns out I was very wrong. So easy to put this on the camera and use your camera while the cover is on. I use this most when my camera is tripod mounted since the way it is designed is that you have to slide your hands into the sleeves of the cover. I have put it on/taken it off several times and have not had any issues with rips or tears. Since you are using this in wet conditions just be sure you wipe it off and then air dry it before folding it and putting it away until the next heavy dew or rainy day shoot. Definitely recommend this cover!
on August 20, 2016
I got this rain cover because I do a lot of sports photography for my son's football team and they play in any weather. I got the cover two days ago and tried it out for the first time yesterday in light rain, so it went through trial by fire (or rain). I am using a Canon DSLR with the 70-200 zoom lens so it sticks out pretty far from the camera body. The rain cover fit over the while kit nicely with lots of interior room to spare and did what it was supposed to do: keep the camera dry. I'm only giving it 4 starts because of the following:

- The clear plastic worked well most of the time, but unless it's flush against the viewfinder it can be hard to see through. If your camera has an LCD screen in back and you use that to frame your shots this may not be much of an issue, but I'm "old school" and like to use the viewfinder when I shoot.
- Also, if your camera has a proximity detector that turns the display on and off when your eye comes near the viewfinder (as mine does) the plastic cover may fool the camera into thinking your eye is close when, in fact, it isn't. This got annoying a few times.
- The Velcro strips used to hold the cover onto the lens were kind of awkward to get fitted and don't really fit flush against the lens when tied together. It did the job OK and when combined with the bungee cord it kept the cover snug against the lens barrel, so all good there. Perhaps I need to try it out when it's not raining to see if there's a better way to get the Velcro wrapped.
- The sleeve holes took some getting used to to get my arms in and out when shooting. Eventually, I ended up just keeping my right (shutter) hand in the sleeve and put my left hand through the opening in the bottom to manage the lens zooming. It wasn't raining heavily so leaving the bottom zipper open didn't pose any risk to the camera. If it was a much wetter environment and I needed to keep the bottom zipper closed it may have been more awkward to use.

Since this is the first rain cover I've ever used and I didn't get much time to practice with it before the shoot, some of this may just be due to my inexperience using it. My son has a lot more games coming up so I'm sure there will be a lot more chances to use it.

The bottom line is that the cover kept the camera dry the whole game, and that's the most important thing. It appears well made and very sturdy and, with some practice, I'm sure it will be seeing a lot of use.
on May 3, 2016
OK first pass review after playing with it in my basement.
Note that I am trying to use this on a Canon 7D mark 2 with a canon
battery grip attached.

1. On most lenses things seem to be accessible quite easily.
2. Fits my shortest lens with a hood (Tokina 11-16 F2.8) fine.
3. Longest lens it will fit (with lens attached to tripod) is my Sigma 70-200 F2.8) but
it just barely covers the camera with about 1/2 inch of the battery grip sticking out
from under the cover and the lens hood peeking out from the front end.
4. I like the fact that the back window has no holes for the eye piece as this would
be prone to leaks but you won't be seeing 100% clear through it.
5. the velcro tightener on the front end is prone to hanging over the front of the lens because
it is on top. Why not put it on the bottom where it won't hang in front of things.
6. The velcro tightener also doesn't work all that well.

Overall it looks like it will get the job done but I wouldn't necissarily call it "Large", maybe large
camera bodies but certainly not large lenses.
on December 4, 2016
I was so excited when this was deliveted as I want to take some rainy day photos. I installed it on my Canon 5D Mark III body with 24-70 mm lens with the lens hood attached. It fits well for my configuration and it stayed attached around the lens. The problem was it was hard to adjust the lens to zoom in and out. There wasn't enough room in the lens area to fit your hand and reach in to zoom. Also, the fabric material was too stiff. They should have placed the left hand sleeve at the bottom to use for adjusting the zoom and adjusting all left hand buttons. To use this effectively, I had to unzip the bottom zipper and access the zoom adjustment from the bottom. I wasted my money on this product, I would not recommend it.
on March 30, 2017
This is a very well-made product it's an excellent product for the price. I am very happy with it I can see through the clear plastic with very little distortion. My automatic Focus can move freely because of the adjustable strap around the lens. My hands fit comfortably on the camera through the arms provided for by the raincoat. There's plenty of room for a professional camera Canon or Nikon.
on April 30, 2016
I bought this cover for two applications I have, #1 is taking pics of lightening from my porch and #2 is using my SLR to film machining operations in my shop. I now feel I have played with it enough to rate it and tell you a little about it. I use it over a Nikon D810 commonly.

First of all, the material is a good heavy weight and seems to be more than waterproof enough for rainstorms and that cutting fluid splatters in my shop. The window at the back is of a good size and I can see the whole back of the camera with no problem. If you sit it so the panel is flat over the viewfinder it is not hard to look threw. The lens leg of the cover works well on the two lenses I use most the 80-200mm F2.8D Nikkor and my Tokina AT-X Pro 28-80mm F2.8. It is easy to put the whole setup in from the zippered bottom.

Ok so why 4 stars instead of 5. Well, the openings for your hands can’t really be closed down enough to fully close them when your hands are not in them, so if you set up on a tripod and want to walk away you end up having to fold them under or close them off in another way. I use a couple of Velcro meant to wrap up cables for that, but it would be nice if something was included. Second, while it works well on my fav lenses it is hard to scrunch it up on a smaller lens (Like my 8mm fisheye) without having a bunch up mess while trying to use the window at the same time. Neither issue is world ending. Just worth knowing that they exist.

All in all, a good product. I would recommend it.
on December 25, 2016
Have only had a few weeks, but so far I'm happy with the Altura Photo Professional Rain Cover for Large DSLR Cameras. My only 'wish' that would make it better is if they used a zipper that 'locked' in position...there are 2-zippers on the bottom (a left & right), so that you can leave an opening to attach your camera to a tripod. However, when your camera is mounted on a tripod and you 'close' the zippers around the tripod mount, the zippers don't 'lock' into place and thus as soon as you put your hands into the sleeves and begin adjusting knobs/buttons/zoom/focus; the zippers begin to 'unzip' and open up...since they're on the bottom it's not disastrous because your camera/lens is still relatively protected from the 'rain'...but if you are in a situation with a lot of splashing it could be a problem...I know it's not a 'waterproof' enclosure, and I don't expect it to be waterproof, that's why I only took-off one-star...like I said, other than 'creeping zippers' I really like the Altura Photo Professional Rain Cover for Large DSLR Cameras
on February 28, 2015
A lot bigger and bulkier than I expected but it does its job. It's hard to use with a remote because the sensor is covered (at least on my d3200), and there isn't a easy solution if you want to use the flash and a tripod because there is only one zipper opening in the middle. Plastic backing on the screen side is convenient if you like using the live screen function, it just makes it a little more difficult to use the viewfinder. But I've used it in rain and snow and it doesn't leak. Easier to use with a fixed distance lens like the 35mm or 50mm; for example, it's a little difficult to extend a 18-55mm lens with the cover on.